Historia

A brothers Arrival (Lucilla)

COLLIS PALATINUS » Hortulum » A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
http://aeternaroma.proboards.com/index.c...hread=2521
A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
Post by milla on Feb 26, 2009, 5:28pm

Rufus stood in the vast gardens of the palace where his dearest sister lived. He was excited to see her, and his nephews. He was to attend the party in favor of his father soon after this visit, he was also excited to see his mother, but not his father. The man had no respect for him, his brightest son in Rufus's own opinion. Letting his hazel eyes glanced around at the many flowers and the large circle fountain in the middle he walked over his it. His boots scrapping the dusty ground. Sitting on the ledge he dipped his fingers into the cold flowing water.

He swirled them around the water making a clear line against the dust and dirt upon his hands. He had spent a few days in the market earlier and had not the time to clean. He wore a white toga and a white tunic under, the toga reached well to his ankles and under that on his feet were black boots. His hair had been cropped short, he hated it any longer. He turned and stood at the sound of someone approaching.

Re: A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
Post by Empress Lucilla on Feb 26, 2009, 6:18pm

The Empress walked through the gardens like a predatory big cat. Her face was a neutral mask; but her eyes were angry. The plot had not worked and now there was nothing but a mess to deal with. Although the Gods could have given her this merely as a blessing in disguise. Lucilla was by herself within the gardens; purposely ridding herself of slaves and hangers on that would irritate her thinking process. When she approached a group of slaves in the gardens they would promptly show her respect before departing. She walked along one of the pathways and out of the corner of her eye she saw a man standing there. Given the current situation within the Empire she needed to make sure that he wasn't an assassin sent to do away with her as well. She clenched her fist; the woman was fired up and ready to clash with him if he decided to attack her.

But on closer inspection she found that it wasn't some foreign assassin sent to kill her. But it was a member of her family; her elder brother called Rufus. Lucilla had mixed feelings about seeing her brother. Sure it was good because he was family; yet in her pro-military family it was strange that he chose a more peaceful route. She walked towards him; her face neutral and the anger now gone from her eyes. She had a more pleasant look on her face.

"Brother, what on earth are you doing skulking around the gardens?" She asked with a slight mocking tone. She took his hands and greeted him like the family member that he was. Kissing him gently on both cheeks before pulling away and asked. "And how are you brother?"Re: A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
Post by milla on Feb 26, 2009, 6:34pm

Rufus saw his younger sister see him out of the corner of her eye. He smirked as she neared him "why I was waiting for you dear sister" he said smiling as she embraved him. Her hands were soft and slender in his and he shut his eyes when she kissed both his cheeks softly. "Fine, just arrived to see the family at that party for father, so I decided to see you and your sons as well" he stated folding his arms.

His stuided her for a moment, she looked angry when he saw her walking, but decided not to bring it up. "Tell me how are your sons, and you yourself?" he asked very curious. He had heared of her new husband but again did not want to bring it up. It pained him that another man had the pleasure of being with his sister.

Post by Empress Lucilla on Feb 26, 2009, 7:37pm

"How pleasant" She replied when he answered her question. She had heard of her Father's return to Rome, it was a mixture of delight and dread for her. It would be exciting to see him once more but he was a man who tended to know people's hearts. How saddened he would be once he found out how dark her heart truly was! With a courtier's grace with raised a brow slightly at solely wishing to know how her sons were doing whilst ignoring little Flavia. The daughter certainly wasn't her own favourite either. But how improper! "My brood are well brother, I thank you" She answered coolly.

She smiled and spoke of her own condition. "I am well; stressed though that is expected. Darius, the eldest is going to Gaul with our Father. Junus is still the bookish boy that he tends to be and little Flavia is the timid little thing she has always been"Re: A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
Post by milla on Feb 26, 2009, 7:53pm

Rufus nodded as Lucilla spoke "I keep forgetting you have a small daughter" he admitted much to his embarrassment. So father has found another boy to make into a solider has he" he said in a serious and slightly angered tone. He then managed to push his anger away as his hazel eyes rested on his sister once more "I hope this doesn't come as a problem sister, but may I stay a few days just till I get some rest and a wash" he said giving a light chuckle. "I'm slightly dirty from the markets so don't touch me" he said holding out his hands as if to stop something.

"I meant to ask how is the emperor doing, are you enjoying being married to him?" he asked finally rather curious about his sister's situation.

Post by Empress Lucilla on Feb 28, 2009, 9:54pm

She shrugged as if staying here within her Husband's house was nothing. Although she was slightly curious as to why he would stay here when the were the family's home. Lucilla smirked at her non-military brother and answered. "It would seem so; it is a family tradition although not one you have taken up" She answered promptly.

Lucilla gave him a neutral expression when asked about her husband and marriage. She didn't marry the man because she wanted to. It had been a forced union; set to ensure her family would remain loyal to Caesar. The man had broken up a decent and although Lucilla would never admit it. A happy one at that.

"it goes well, Brother" She answered. Before continued a little more. "He is not well still unfortunately, it will take time for him to recover"Re: A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
Post by milla on Mar 1, 2009, 7:51pm

Rufus smirked at the mention of the Cesar not doing well. "What a shame for you sister" he teased trying his best at the same time to be cautious. As he walked out from the garden and towards his guest chambers he gave a long sigh. "Thank you Lucilla" he said turning when he was at his guest chamber door a male servant was busy already inside preparing everything for the empress's brother.

"I will retire now I think, I need a bath and sleep" he said then leaned forward and took his sister into a tight embrace, his full lips kissing her cheek, he lingered there before pulling away with a smile.

Post by Empress Lucilla on Mar 1, 2009, 11:14pm

She nodded; as she paused whilst her brother kissed her on the cheek. The kiss was too long for mere friends and too look for a simple family kiss. She smiled softly, barely making reaching her cheeks rise. She turned her head away from her kiss. There had been times before when her brother had been a little bit too friendly but it could be attributed to something else.

"Yes, I think you need your rest now" She answered abruptly, before turning and walking away to allow her brother time to rest. Her expression was now a more serious one as the thoughts raged through her mind. Re: A Brother's Arrival {Lucilla)
Post by milla on Mar 2, 2009, 11:46am

Rufus swallowed when Lucilla turned her head away from his kiss soon after he had pulled away. He stood up to his full height an gave a quick bow of his head before retiring for the evening. Inside he undress and slipped into the warm bath, sighing he leaned his head back against the cool rim. When he was finished he pulled on his sleep wear and climbed into the large bed that had been prepared for him.

The sheets were cool against his heated skin, he soon found his eyes closing hastily. Not before long he was in a deep soundless sleep.