Jenn's Plotter

Jenn

Plotting is the jumping off points for character relationships- I have 3 women. Feel free to take a look

I have:

Julia Valeria

• Patrician- sold into slavery, escaped, eventually freed/restored to Patrician status by Lucilla Augusta & Magister Fluvius Stilicho
  • Former Imperial Governess- following her escape from slavery she was concealed by Lucilla in the Imperial Palace as Governess to Flavia (and Claudia/Tiberius after they were born)
  • Widowed- was married to Marcus Aburius Canus, died during the most recent Saturnalia (Dec 73 AD)

Barbara Stilicha

• Equite- Daughter of Alaric Aetius Stilicho, Germanic Prince captured and brought to Rome, Barbara brought along as incentive for him to convert
  • Wife/Mother- Married to Marcus Aelius Lentulus, mother to 2 children (Son: Marcus Minor, Daughter: Aelia Lentula

Tacita

• Slave
  • Born mute- able to hear, unable to produce speech beyond very basic sounds, communications with gestures & very basic writing
  • Hard worker- loves being in the kitchen (does not mind being alone in her tasks)
  • Owned by: Aulus Calpurnius Praetextatus

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sarah said:

My slaver character Spurius has just been approved. Maybe he could either be Tacita's new master, or be selling her if she's up for sale once again?

Hey Sarah- awesome character choice 🙂 We need one of those around here. Tacita is still available for ownership- not overly picky regarding owner. Slavery is the only life she has known and because of her 'deficiencies' she has no desire to be freed.

@Sarah

1 hour ago, Jenn said:

Hey Sarah- awesome character choice 🙂 We need one of those around here. Tacita is still available for ownership- not overly picky regarding owner. Slavery is the only life she has known and because of her 'deficiencies' she has no desire to be freed.

He's been in my head for a while, started as an NPC who sold Aeneas to Gaia and Corinthia, but I enjoyed writing him. Also I couldn't see any other slaver characters. He's not a cruel man, to him it's just a job, though he dislikes foreigners after nearly dying on a battlefield in Brittania. I think it would be fun for Tacita to become one of his house slaves; I'm sure he could see the use in a slave who doesn't speak.

@Jenn

Edited by Sarah

14 minutes ago, Sarah said:

He's been in my head for a while, started as an NPC who sold Aeneas to Gaia and Corinthia, but I enjoyed writing him. Also I couldn't see any other slaver characters. He's not a cruel man, to him it's just a job, though he dislikes foreigners after nearly dying on a battlefield in Brittania. I think it would be fun for Tacita to become one of his house slaves; I'm sure he could see the use in a slave who doesn't speak.

@Jenn

Tacita's bio

Hey Sarah- you will notice on her bio that it is accepted but unfinished as she had been purchased by Sextus Ursus Crassus who with the move to the new site was being killed off so her 'availability' is flexible. Decided to leave her 'purchase date' open- either she was sold again shortly after her time with Crassus or he never owned her at all. If she was sold again Spurius could have bought her sooner or she could have been with an NPC and switch hands to him nearer the current time (she is currently 25 years old)

@Sarah

Hey Jenn! I’m throwing a couple ideas your way. If you have any ideas, let me know! 

Oriana & Julia: Though there’s quite an age gap between the two (22 & 45), I think they might be friends, if not “friends.” Oriana is an heiress and likes associating herself with other powerful people in Rome, though the two might only be friends for the sake of being in a similar circle. They also might hate each other haha. I think they could have a good plot together. 

Oriana & Barbara: Oriana and Barbara might make good fake friends. Since they both have red hair and are Equites, they might be super friendly up front but gossip about each other behind their backs. 

7 hours ago, Sydney said:

Hey Jenn! I’m throwing a couple ideas your way. If you have any ideas, let me know! 

Oriana & Julia: Though there’s quite an age gap between the two (22 & 45), I think they might be friends, if not “friends.” Oriana is an heiress and likes associating herself with other powerful people in Rome, though the two might only be friends for the sake of being in a similar circle. They also might hate each other haha. I think they could have a good plot together. 

Oriana & Barbara: Oriana and Barbara might make good fake friends. Since they both have red hair and are Equites, they might be super friendly up front but gossip about each other behind their backs. 

Hey Sydney- I would have to think about that as both my gals realize there are all kinds of people but don't necessarily have patience for people who are petty/mean. They have both had rough lives and are at a positive place in their lives and try to avoid the negative drama associated with Rome.

Julia is recently widowed- although she isn't exactly ready to run head first down the aisle yet, she is available for marriage if the right person came along. It would need to be someone who allied with the Imperial Family as she is very supportive of the Imperials.

Bump need to get my gals back into the swing of posts- any ideas hit me up 🙂

Julia: Widowed-if she marries again it will have to be someone who is an Imperialist, enjoys keeping to herself, has a grown son (from when she was a slave- he is currently an available character if someone wants to play him)

Barbara: Married with 2 kids, could do with some friends although her attention is very much directed to her family. Her husband was a played character but his app has been archived. He is a praetorian guard if anyone is interested

Tacita: Quiet only because she can't talk. Could do with some friends to be with but if not mostly can be found in the market or at her owner's (currently owned by Spurius Claudus) slave market warehouse.

Hey Jenn, any of my characters are ready to play with yours!

My newest character Pinaria Gaia needs friends and she'd love to meet either Julia Valeria or Barbara. Pinaria is also a recent widow, so she and Julia have that in common at least.

If Julia needs a new husband, my character Tertius Quinctilius Varus could be an item, if she can persuade him into marriage again. Or they could just become friends.

Alexius met Barbara's father once, many years ago, so that could be interesting... and since they were both taken from Germania as kids and are "Romanized" now, they have that in common 🙂 Alexius also met Julia Valeria a while ago, they could always run into each other again. He could also encounter Tacita at the market.

Helios also needs more to do... and he's always out looking for people to get to know and find out anything about their families and relations they will tell him, so he can use that for something later on. He may become a freedman soon. He could meet Barbara or Julia Valeria 🙂 or he could meet Tacita, he might actually like a friend who doesn't talk... Helios does not really have any friends and I think he could use one...

But any of my others are also open if you're interested. You're welcome to look at newly updated Plotter to read more about my characters 🙂

@Jenn

Edited by Atrice

On 5/28/2020 at 2:52 AM, Atrice said:

Hey Jenn, any of my characters are ready to play with yours!

My newest character Pinaria Gaia needs friends and she'd love to meet either Julia Valeria or Barbara. Pinaria is also a recent widow, so she and Julia have that in common at least.

If Julia needs a new husband, my character Tertius Quinctilius Varus could be an item, if she can persuade him into marriage again. Or they could just become friends.

Alexius met Barbara's father once, many years ago, so that could be interesting... and since they were both taken from Germania as kids and are "Romanized" now, they have that in common 🙂 Alexius also met Julia Valeria a while ago, they could always run into each other again. He could also encounter Tacita at the market.

Helios also needs more to do... and he's always out looking for people to get to know and find out anything about their families and relations they will tell him, so he can use that for something later on. He may become a freedman soon. He could meet Barbara or Julia Valeria 🙂 or he could meet Tacita, he might actually like a friend who doesn't talk... Helios does not really have any friends and I think he could use one...

But any of my others are also open if you're interested. You're welcome to look at newly updated Plotter to read more about my characters 🙂

@Jenn

Awesome selection of characters Atrice 🙂 Lots of options

*Pinaria- Barbara is close in age and they both have youngish children (Barbara's youngest daughter is turning 7 and Marcus is a few years older than that). Julia on the other hand would be older but a good listening ear.

*Tertius- Would need to figure out a way for them to meet. It might be interesting to see if something could come to be between these two but if not there is a friendship option especially when it comes to his daughter- Julia loves all children. How does he feel about the Imperials- seems he is sort of neutral when it comes to politics.

*Alexius- it might be fun to do a 'follow up' thread where Julia and him bump into each other again or a thread between him and Barbara- they could bump into each other somewhere and he could catch up about how the family is doing.

*Helios- There certainly wouldn't be a lot of conversation options between Helios & Tacita, but if he prefers 'quiet' she would be a great person for that. She is able to engage in conversation with yes/no questions. 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Pinaria and Barbara may sound like they have most in common - if Barbara comes to Horatia's book club, they could meet there. Or maybe they knew each other beforehand, but Pinaria's just not been seeing a lot of people this last year?

With Tertius... yes, he's definitely neutral when it comes to politics, he feels that is most "safe" 😄 but he has made friends with imperials before. I'm sure he'd love for his daughter to have a woman to look up to like Julia. We could always have them meet and see how it goes between them.

For Alexius and Barbara, he will most likely also flirt with her, but that's kind of just his thing... how she will react is up to her, but he just can't help it. Still I think it could be interesting to see what they'd make of each other, Romanized people from Germania as they both are. I'm sure they face at least some of the same issues... and Alexius has been back there as an adult, so he can share that story 🙂 

Helios and Tacita are definitely also an option, maybe one of them saves the other from a situation and that's how they get in contact with each other...

Which of the ideas do you think could be most interesting to start with? Both Pinaria and Helios by the way have open threads at the moment 😉 

@Jenn

44 minutes ago, Atrice said:

Pinaria and Barbara may sound like they have most in common - if Barbara comes to Horatia's book club, they could meet there. Or maybe they knew each other beforehand, but Pinaria's just not been seeing a lot of people this last year?

With Tertius... yes, he's definitely neutral when it comes to politics, he feels that is most "safe" 😄 but he has made friends with imperials before. I'm sure he'd love for his daughter to have a woman to look up to like Julia. We could always have them meet and see how it goes between them.

For Alexius and Barbara, he will most likely also flirt with her, but that's kind of just his thing... how she will react is up to her, but he just can't help it. Still I think it could be interesting to see what they'd make of each other, Romanized people from Germania as they both are. I'm sure they face at least some of the same issues... and Alexius has been back there as an adult, so he can share that story 🙂 

Helios and Tacita are definitely also an option, maybe one of them saves the other from a situation and that's how they get in contact with each other...

Which of the ideas do you think could be most interesting to start with? Both Pinaria and Helios by the way have open threads at the moment 😉 

@Jenn

Hey Atrice- I will start by throwing Barbara into the book club. Perhaps one of those she has spent so much time focused on her family that they say 'you need a night to yourself'. 

The other interactions might require a little more thinking- For Julia/Tertius the link could definitely be his daughter. If he has ever considered a horse for her Julia is still spending some of her days at the small horse farm 'owned' by Alaric Stilicho but formerly run by Julia's husband prior to his death, or they could meet in the market. Alexius or Helios interactions would probably be best in the market 🙂