Kit

Kit's Plotter

Hi!

I'd love a couple of threads for Ario, a medici who is working to improve the medical collegia with some patrons to build a lovely temple to Asclepius with physicians in it. I've kept the more recent details a touch vague to allow for people to get involved in Ario's recent history.

So I would love to thread with:

• An ambitious senator who is looking to stand out from the crowd to impress Caesar.
  • Any other medici that might be out there.
  • Any priests that might be interested in Ario's end goal. Even is they're not dedicated to Asclepius.

I'm open to hearing any other ideas!

• Like 1

Hey Kit! 

I know we already have a thread rolling. I had some other ideas though and I thought that I could hit you up. 

• Octavius, Caesar's younger brother loves to build and he may be able to help with building a temple. Although Drusilla, the Augusta, is more into helping the people of Rome itself. So there are some possibilities there. 
  • Alaric, my german Prince has a son called Alaricus, who loves playing with his wooden sword (and has nearly burnt down the house in the process) and could have gotten hurt. He may need a physician. 

That's all I've got so far. 

What about Octavius to start us off? It sounds like we can roll that into a plot of sorts! We could start with some overtures, Ario (or rather, the collegia) needs to get some land & money and so on and so forth. The favour of Caesar's brother would certainly be helpful!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kit said:

What about Octavius to start us off? It sounds like we can roll that into a plot of sorts! We could start with some overtures, Ario (or rather, the collegia) needs to get some land & money and so on and so forth. The favour of Caesar's brother would certainly be helpful!

Octavius sounds like a great idea. I'll have a think and type something up. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Kit! I have a slave whose very first master was a Greek physician. This man was training my guy to become a physician as well, although he was only a child then. Life interfered but my guy, Pheado, is well educated and yearning to somehow find a way to get back to a life that involves more than his body. Here's his app:

PHAEDO

He is still at the Venus and I have one thread where he was reciting poetry, for the entertainment of the guests, in the common area (I'm sure they were far more entertained by other sights and sounds 😛 ). But if Ario would ever go there, for professional or personal purposes, we could have them bump into each other. Or alternatively they could possibly meet out in public somewhere. Phaedo is apparently allowed to leave the brothel sometimes. I'm sure we could figure out something.

Anyway, not a very lofty character to interact with but poor Phaedo would relish having someone to talk to about anything even remotely intellectual or having to do with healing.

🙂

Edited by Gil

Aww I love him! Poor boy being passed around all because he's pretty.

I see no reason why Ario would not visit the brothel for personal reasons. Phaedo could be doing his poetry, that's enough for Ario to go to him for actual chit chat. Do you wanna start? I can as well. If you do, feel free to godmode Ario going up to Phaedo with an amused looking expression 💖

Great! I can get us started and throw up a post over the weekend! I'll drop the link for you here when it is up.

Oh no! Thank you!! I'm looking forward to it 💖

Hey Kit! I have a couple characters who might run into Ario. Let me know if you have any ideas!!

N'tombi & Ario: N'tombi owns a tavern and loves all of her customers no matter what background they come from. I could see the two of them being friends, or him possibly being a regular at her tavern. 

Justinia & Ario: Since I saw above that Ario visits Phaedo at the brothel, Justinia works at the same one. She might run into him a couple times and his face might become familiar to hers. Or maybe she gets hurt at the brothel and needs assistance by a physician.

Hi @Sydney!

I am leaning more towards N'tombi, just to get Ario out and involved with a wider variety of people! But it would greatly amuse me if he became buddies with a bunch of the sex workers! He can certainly be called in to be all physician-y if you like! With either one of them really!

Hi @Kit!

I have a brand new medicus in town, Quintus Flavius Theodorus (Theo), he's a veteran and now works at the Ludus Magnus. Would you be interested in a thread? 🙂

@Chevi absolutely of course! Ario used to be a gladiator for that Ludus so he could be there to see an old friend and just pops by to meet the new medici? What kind of gladiator does Theo train? Do you want to start? I can if you want me to!

@Kit popping by to see the new guy sounds fun 🙂 Theo is not really training anyone atm, just fixing wounds and injuries. If you can make a starter that's great!

• Like 1

Hi Kit! I'd be interested in bouncing one (or two) of my characters off Ario!

* Tiberius - young Imperial, interested on politics and improving the Empire. Very close to his Uncle Octavius who Gothy mentioned.

* Spurius - Pleb with money, possible future political interests.

Sorry @Sarah I completely missed this! It's stupid o'clock right now so let me get some sleep in and I'll check over those characters and see if I can throw you an idea or two! 💖

• Like 1

Having been both a politician and a soldier for most of his adult life, Aulus would definitely be intnerested in patronising a temple (in the best possible meaning of the word 'patronise', of course!) Not sure how they could meet, though, unless there's some sort of introduction made by an NPC intermediary or something? (Perhaps by Aulus father or father-in-law?)

Does that work? I know you're looking at a thread with Octavius so two birds and all that? @Sharpie and @Gothic

1 minute ago, Kit said:

Does that work? I know you're looking at a thread with Octavius so two birds and all that? @Sharpie and @Gothic

All good with me. @Sharpie is welcome to join in! 

• Like 1

Oh, that makes sense, @Gothic and @Kit - I've looked at that thread but it totally passed me by as one Aulus could join! Two birds with one stone indeed!

• Like 1