Heyas!

Sarah

Hi Everyone!

I'm a thirty-something government servant with a master's degree and a background in bioscience. I'm also Australian; what is it with Aussies and ancient Rome?

Hubby and I live on a hobby farm just outside of the city. I have too many hobbies but they include breeding and showing chickens, cutting gemstones, computer games (currently Far Cry Primal and Oxygen Not Included) gardening and cooking. I also brew my own alcohol.

I love writing and also write for a Star Trek RPG. I'm up for most characters and storylines so feel free to drop me a line in my plotter.

Glad to be playing with you all. 

• Like 1

Thank you, it's great to be here.

I have walking teacosies (complete with fuzzy nuggets):

WrxTND.md.png

And stupid skittish things that lay blue eggs:

WrxR40.md.jpg

I'm also a cat mum and adoptive dog mum (they came with the husband). And we have Persian sheep!

Wrxkiq.md.jpg

Edited by Sarah
  • Like 1

omg I love your chooks and sheeps! I used to stick potatoes under the brooding hens when I was kid with some vague notion that I'd get a roast potato out of it. 

What home brews do you have going at the moment?

• Like 2

LOL Baked potatoes, I love it! The logic of youth.

My broodies often end up sitting on golf balls, then I smuggle chicks from the incubator under them because I can fit more eggs in the incubator than under the hen.

I usually brew meads. I've currently got a cherry mead brewing, which I'm sweetening with some blackberries as it ran a little dry. I've got a bunch of apricots in the freezer, debating whether to do an apricot mead (the last one was delicious) or scrump some apples from the trees up the road and do a sort of apricotted cider, which I've never tried before. Decisions decisions.