Chris

Chris' Plotter!

QUINTUS FLAVIUS CAESAR ALEXANDER AUGUSTUS

Info: He's Caesar, what else do you need to know? 😜

Looking For: The next best up-and-coming generation of leaders. Though still spry for his age, Quintus understands that time will catch up to him before too long. In an effort to minimize the effects of age, he will gradually lessen the amount of time he spends travelling across the empire and will instead employ his sons, nephews, and other such relatives to do it for him. His desire is to build the next generation of Rome's ruling class on the ideal of the Companions of Alexander the Great - raising and schooling them together, sending them on missions together, so that they build a strong fraternal bond that they will hopefully share for life. If you have a character that can fit into that idea, let's plot!

________________________________________________________________________________

LUCIUS JUNIUS SILANUS

Info: 23 year old noble from a prominent family with ties to the Imperial Family. His adoptive father was Decimus Silanus, former governor of Britannia and statesman. His sister Junia was married to Caesar Junus before his assassination. He is now the head of the Junii-Silani and wanting to make a lasting legacy for his family. He has a very strong work ethic and a natural distaste for most things ethnic or un-Roman.

Looking For: Lucius is unmarried, so he is looking to entertain opportunities for marriage. He just recently rebuilt his family's home, so any slaves to run the household would be great. Friends or allies within or outside of the Imperial Family. Enemies or rivals within politics or potentially Britons who've been brought to Rome in slavery.

________________________________________________________________________________

EPPITACUS

Info: Epp is 32 years old. He was a warlord in Britannia and led a fierce and almost successful resistance against the Roman invasion. He was responsible for the defeat of Decimus Silanus and several other legates over the years. He is actually half-Roman himself. His mother was a Roman captured and put into slavery by British warlords who raped her, and he was conceived. He was sent to train as a Druid priest, but left the order to fight against the Romans. He was betrayed and captured, handed over to Caesar who then made him a gladiator. He's technically owned by Caesar, but remains in the Ludii. He is generally quiet, but kind when not fighting. He has a passion for learning more about people and the world. He has largely Romanized himself.

Looking For: An "owner". My first plot with him here is going to make him useless as a gladiator and force him into retirement. I'd like for him to get a new "owner". Since he's technically owned by Caesar, that could be anyone in the imperial family - or, Caesar could potentially sell or gift him to a friend or noble in return for a favor, etc. I'd like him to have to struggle with the change in his life and find a new purpose. Someone involved in the temples/religious spectrum would be great. If not, no worries. Also, a love interest would be cool for him. He's been relatively unsuccessful over the years ha.

• Like 1

Okies,we have a lot we could do here. 

plotting sherlock holmes GIF by BBC

For Quintus;

• Octs - Another brothers thread between them. 
  • Gaia & maybe Corinthia - Caesar could try to see where Gaia and Corinthia stand, etc. 
  • Claudia - A thread between a niece and her uncle. 
  • Juliana - Not sure what ideas there are for her but they are there.

For Lucius;

• Juls - He could see her again and she can nag him. Because why not?
  • Corinthia - We could progress with what went down at the banquet and see how that goes. 

For Epic tacos; 

• I think it would be interesting to have him meet with Juliana considering what happened to Decimus. 

All of them could meet Gaius who is writing his "Secret History of the Romans" book. 

Let me know what you think!

• Like 1

Hello Chris!

I have an idea for your Eppitacus - my new character Cynane is also from Britannia and until two years ago, she also served as a gladiatrix (so that's from 63 AD until either late 71 or early 72 AD). It's likely they were at the same ludus, so they might know each other and she could even be a possible lover to him. She has been removed from the gladiators to work as Claudia Caesaris personal bodyguard, but if she has friends among gladiators, I can imagine she'd want to visit them in her rare free time. What say you?

@Chris

Hey Chris! I have a couple ideas for plots. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Oriana & Quintus: Oriana is a very cunning, ambitious young woman who collects secrets and trades them with others. She's also an heiress and very into the inner circle. She wants to surround herself with anyone of importance and try to get on their good side. It's possible that Quintus and Oriana would definitely be allies, as she would benefit from the power he has and he might benefit from the secrets she collects. I think they could have an interesting plot! 

Oriana & Lucius: Oriana is a 22-year-old unmarried woman, so the two might catch each other's eye. But she'd only take the best of the best as her husband. I think they would definitely know each other and might have grown up together since they're both pretty rich and of nobility. They both seem to have the same views on other people though. 

N'tombi & Lucius: N'tombi runs a tavern and is the daughter of a plebian and an African freedwoman. She tends to have many people visit her bar and serves anyone from slaves to high class people. He might view her as someone that doesn't belong in Rome. It could be fun if they had a rivalry.

N'tombi & Eppitacus: Like I said above, N'tombi serves anyone in her tavern. She is very protective of her customers no matter where they come from, so if he's allowed, he might come in to drink and they could converse.

Justinia & Eppitacus: Justinia and Eppitacus are both slaves, and over the years, they might have run into each other. She currently works at Domus Venus, so if he would have any reason to go in there, they might be able to meet up. 

Hey there,

Although a new character here I was wondering whether my player might have some cause for a connection with any of yours - most likely Silanus. My character is Lucius Licinus Macer - from an old Republican family now no longer powerful or wealthy but still with senatorial status and dreams of past glory. A widower, Lucius is too looking for a new wife and mother for his children but is also keen to now try and ingratiate himself not only with the current order but, more importantly, those who he hopes will come when the stage is reset with a new order. I can imagine he would be happy not just to try and beg favor from the Augustus but also to try and join the coterie of a possible outside candidate for big things if a change happens.

Hey all! Sorry for the crazy delay. Getting to it, then!

@Gothic

For Quintus - I'd be into all of those options, but for the sake of our sanity and workloads, let's maybe do one at a time? :P. I think Quintus and Claudia could be interesting. Quintus understands the power of women, so he'd be interested to see how Claudia's coming along.

For Lucius - I'd be interested in moving forward with he and Corinthia to see how that develops. I'll pm you about some ideas!

For the best of Tacos - I'm into it! I have an idea for that scene as well that I'll include in the pm.

And I also think the "Secret History of the Romans" would be cool, so just let me know how you'd want to do that.

--

@Atrice

I'd love to get something started between Epp and Cynane. I also think there could be a backstory between them, given the British connection. I'll send you a message with some ideas and we can get rolling!

--

@Sydney

Love all the options! I'd love to get something going with all of these characters eventually, but for the time being these stuck out the most...

Oriana & Lucius: I'd love to get something started up between them. I'll read over Oriana's bio and PM some ideas on a backstory to lead into a thread!

Justinia & Eppitacus: I have a few ideas for this as well that I'll PM over.

--

@Drusus

Definitely into it! I'll read over the character bio and send you a PM shortly! Thanks for reaching out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Hey all! Sorry for the crazy delay. Getting to it, then!

@Gothic

For Quintus - I'd be into all of those options, but for the sake of our sanity and workloads, let's maybe do one at a time? :P. I think Quintus and Claudia could be interesting. Quintus understands the power of women, so he'd be interested to see how Claudia's coming along.

For Lucius - I'd be interested in moving forward with he and Corinthia to see how that develops. I'll pm you about some ideas!

For the best of Tacos - I'm into it! I have an idea for that scene as well that I'll include in the pm.

And I also think the "Secret History of the Romans" would be cool, so just let me know how you'd want to do that.

That's probably a good idea. 

I eagerly await your PM! 😄 

Hello Chris,

I have two characters that either Caesar or Lucius would know. My Lucius is a Caecili-Metelli and his daughter was married to Jullus. He is still uncertain about the Imperial family. A thread with either Quintus or Lucius would work. 

Appius, is Quintus' cousin, I believe? I am going off what Anna and Gothic are telling me. It is likely they would know each other. 

Hey @Brian! Thanks for commenting.

I definitely think we could get something rolling between Lucius and Manius, especially since Lucius was part of the group that supported Scaurus way back when. For his part Manius is not a republican, but he's not totally an imperialist either. He shares Lucius' thoughts and concerns about what happens next. I think that could be reason enough for them to discuss politics and other things frequently.

As for Appius & Quintus: Quintus has always considered himself to be a Cornelian in Flavian shoes, so to speak. His mother raised him to be as aristocratic and noble as her prestigious family, and Quintus tries to emulate those traits as much as possible. He was NOT fond of Lucius Scipio in the slightest, but could see Appius as a useful ally and loyal supporter. And since Appius served with him during his bid for power, he'd remember that loyalty as well.

Cheers, @Chris!

I looked at Manius, and I think it would be a good idea for them to thread. I think Lucius would also like to meet someone who is also concerned about what happens next, and while the Republic is not his focus. He would need to seek out political allies to survive in the Senate, and there is nothing like wine, networking and politics. They will either get along well or tolerate each other. 

It could be fun to explore the Cornelian side of Quintus more with Appius. I am not sure what they were like when they were younger, again, that is something else we could explore. Appius does not like how Lucius failed his family and seeks to restore his family name. I'm also not sure what political position that Appius would attempt to gain for himself, it could be fun to see how that will progress and grow. 

Which thread would you like to start first or shall I start it? 

Hey, @Brian;

Those both sound great. Let's maybe start off with Manius/Lucius and explore that a bit. Would you mind starting us off? And I'll brainstorm on some ideas and also consult with Anna a bit on some Scipiones stuff and we can follow up with a Quintus/Appius thread in due time!

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Hey, @Brian;

Those both sound great. Let's maybe start off with Manius/Lucius and explore that a bit. Would you mind starting us off? And I'll brainstorm on some ideas and also consult with Anna a bit on some Scipiones stuff and we can follow up with a Quintus/Appius thread in due time!

Happy to hear it. I will PM you the link and get us moving. 

And now I've got Aulus, it's only right we should thread together, especially after all that work... Eppitacos has been bought by Aulus' sister, so they're definitely going to meet at some point... and of course, there are those all-important links between Aulus and Caesar that need to be maintained.

Am interested in a thread between the Caesar and Lucius, knowing that the latter's family has been supportive towards the former's for quite some time and even lent financial aid for these various projects aimed at making Rome greater. Even if Lucius is secretly a Christian, he also want to remain loyal to his Caesar and the Empire as a whole, which can be quite tricky sometimes to balance. 

@Chris

Edited by The Young Pope