Sign in to follow this  
Atrice

Alexius' sister

Amalia
 33 | born June 40 AD | Bisexual | Alexius’ sister

Background: Amalia is Lucius Antonius Alexius’ younger sister. They were both born in Germania to the Chatti tribe, but when she was 4 and her brother 7 years old, a raiding band of barbarians attacked their village, killed their parents and the children were captured and sold to Rome. Her brother tried to keep her safe and they were sold to the same household and given the names Lexus and Amalia – none of them recall the names their parents gave them. Amalia worked in the kitchens and Lexus with the horses. In 51 AD, when Amalia was 11 and Lexus 14, their owner lost his fortune and Amalia and Lexus were not sold together - but separated. Amalia ended up in a villa far from Rome and what happened to her after this is up to you.

She ran away/escaped her owners when she was in her early 20's. I imagine she was a body slave when she was in her teens, so maybe the job and her owner made her want to escape. Lexus has looked for her ever since they were separated and I imagine she has been wanting to find him too. Now it’s more than 20 years since they saw each other and it’s up to you whether she gave up looking for her brother, or not. I do want them to find each other of course, although they will both find each other changed a lot since last time. She knows him only by the name Lexus and not his freedman name - and she has probably also taken another name by now, since she is an escaped slave.

Personality: I imagine she has been hateful towards Romans at first, just like her brother. But since she was younger when they were captured, she probably adapted to Rome faster than Lexus. Besides this, she does have a few things in common with her brother: she is openminded and friendly, enjoys pleasure and will flirt with both genders and at certain times has a bit of a temper. Besides this, her personality is up to you.

Appearance: I have before imagined Jessica Grace Smith (from Spartacus) as Amalia, but that was her in her early 20’s and she may not fit this 33 year old. Other suggestions could be Astrid Berges-Frisbey or Marie Avgeropoulos. But feel free to find another playby, Caucasian with brown hair.

Lucius Antonius Alexius' application

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 2

@Atrice I'm interested in her and will dm you on discord when I get home from my shift today!!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Eris said:

@Atrice I'm interested in her and will dm you on discord when I get home from my shift today!!

That sounds awesome, I'll look forwards to hearing from you! Yay! 😄