Echo's Plotter

Echo

Caecina Tusca

App

UJM4EKz.jpg

18 | heterosexual | senatore | rome

Friends

Caecina, a social butterfly, has the ability to put on the right personality for every situation. She is good at pretending to be friendly and amiable with other women her own age, but she much prefers the company of men, as she believes other women are only competition for the best husbands. She might have a few close friends of either gender, but she tends to hold people at an arm's length in her own best interests. However, she will be friendly to anyone she deems to be her equal in stature or can help her better her station in life. I would love threads with any young men or women in Rome and would be open to having people break through her outer shell to become true friends! 

Enemies

Other than the other young women of Rome, which are not active enemies, Caecina has few that she would consider enemies, though if another woman chafed her nerves enough, she might treat her as a frienemy, friendly in person but cold or gossipy behind her back. I'm definitely open to plots, though! 

Lovers

I would love for Caecina to get married! My thinking here is that she probably will get married to a man older than her. But I was also wondering what would happen if she got into an extramarital affair? Maybe even with someone in a lower class than her! I think it would be really interesting to see how she matures into a young woman with a lover who sees her for who she truly is and isn't fooled by her constantly changing personality. I want alllll the threads in this area 😄

-----

Gaius Licinius Habitus

App

i6xqjq9.jpg

33 | heterosexual | praetorian | rome

Friends

Gaius is most likely to be friends with his contemporaries; i.e., other men, especially those who served in the military or who are close to him in social ranking. I imagine he is easy to get along with for men more than women, as he tends to show misogynistic tendencies. With men, he also feels like his more authentic self, as women tend to make him feel uncomfortable and out of place. He supposes this feeling comes from a disconnect with his mother growing up as well as his many years spent serving in Britannia surrounded by a majority population of men. In any case, I'd love him to have some close friends, perhaps people he served in Britannia with or other praetorians. I'm open! 

Enemies

Gaius is not fond of Britons, having been pretty badly injured by them on two occasions during his service. His obvious enemies are any people who threaten Rome or the imperial family. 

Lovers

Gaius is not currently involved with anyone. He is heterosexual. I love the idea of him maybe having a childhood love or someone to reconnect with after he returned to Rome, but I am also open to having someone new come along in his life! He eventually wants to settle down and have a couple of little ones, but first, he has to overcome his discomfort in being around women. I can definitely see him being cautious and anxious around women he likes, but trying his best to win them over. 

-----

Aglaea

App

SJGqSoH.jpg

28 | heterosexual | body slave | rome

Friends

Aglaea is a kind and thoughtful person, so it makes sense that she would have plenty of friends. She is a recent Christian convert, so she is developing a Christlike love for everyone, and also trying to help those less fortunate than herself because she enjoys a relatively safe and privileged position as a body slave to a wealthy senatore lady. I want all the threads in this area! 

Enemies

Aglaea was raised Jewish, so there might be people that don't like that and that makes her their enemy naturally. Also, as a Christian, she would consider anyone that hates Christians her enemy. Of course, part of her religion is "love thy enemies." 

Lovers

I want her to find love, she's a bby ❤️ Of course, as a slave, this can be limited, but I'm open to about anything! 

-----

Annis

App

Vikings: Will Gaia Weiss return as Porunn in Vikings season 6 ...

23 | heterosexual | gladiatrix | rome

Friends

Annis is approachable enough but it takes her a lot of time to trust anyone or make a lasting connection. With other gladiatrices, she has a friendly competitive spirit. 

Enemies

She's not a huge fan of Romans, so she might be standoffish toward them. She's got quite a lot of fighting spirit and isn't good at pretending to like someone she doesn't. 

Lovers

Like I said, she's not the most trusting. But if someone came along that managed to catch her eye and gain her trust, she would love that. I would too 😉

Misc.

Annis spent much of her youth traveling around Britannia fighting Romans. She was captured five years ago and sent to Rome to be a gladiatrix. I think it might be interesting to have her reconnect with members of her old resistance group, or even with Romans who might have been present at the battle where she was injured and captured. I also had an idea where someone might purchase Annis and try to turn her into a house slave in order to "conquer" her. She would not be a fan of that and it might be an interesting plot. 

-----

Spurius Domitius S.L. Marcellus

App

featured_5_3.jpg

32 | heterosexual | charioteer | rome

Friends

Yes please! 😄 Marcellus is very friendly and outgoing so he would have plenty of friends. He's also not snobbish with lower classes, since he's the lowest class a free person can be and he used to be a slave. I'm open to anything here, and I would love for him to have some drinking buddies! 

Enemies

I imagine he'll put on a show of being enemies with the other chariot teams, but he doesn't really have any enemies. He's too friendly! 

Lovers

Marcellus is very promiscuous and flirtatious so he will have had plenty of lovers. Like anything that isn't racing, he doesn't take his love life very seriously but I think it would be adorable if he found a woman that really caught his eye and made him pursue her. Imagining Marcellus as lovesick gives me life 🤣

Misc.

Will update later

-----

Deianira

App

DOLx8yr.jpg

21 | bisexual | elysium worker | rome

Friends

Deia is my resident Sad Girl (TM), so she is definitely in need of friends. She is super distrustful of anyone, though, believing them to have ulterior motives in gaining her friendship. This is a belief gained through experience. So, it would be difficult to get through her outer shell, but if someone managed to stick around long enough to gain her trust, she is incredibly loyal. She also is sympathetic to those in similar situations as herself, so she is giving. 

Enemies

Deia doesn't really have any specific enemies, other than her master and one particular client haha. But she will always fight for those less fortunate than her (even though she's pretty unfortunate), so people who threaten those she loves will be her enemies. 

Lovers

She's a sex worker, so she has a warped sense of what the connection between sex and love is. But it's not impossible - like friends, someone who wants to be her lover would have to work hard to gain her trust. 

Misc.

Will update later. 

Edited by Echo
  • Like 2

Tertia and Barbara have probably spent time together- as Alaric's daughter and defacto Domina while her father was unmarried (between Suetonia & Seia). While Barbara wasn't one to be overly flashy she probably came to rely on Tertia's expertise when it came to the need to be 'formal'.

Yay! Do you have an idea of where they would meet? It can be a simple casual meeting at a tavern or something, doesn't have to be a medical issue 😄 Or they can run into each other at some religious place, worshipping one of the gods that were popular with soldiers...

@Echo

I have been thinking, and there used to be a temple or shrine of Minerva Medica somewhere on the Esquiline. Theo would probably worship there since it's a Roman equivalent of Athena, and temple to her both as goddess of war and goddess of healing. This is just my first thought, but maybe Gaius would relate since he had been injured in battle as well?...

@Echo

Hiya!! There's potential for your Gaius and my Aulus to know one another from their time in Britannia - Gaius could possibly have served under Aulus (who's a bit older than him) so they could meet to catch up, maybe in a bar or something.

If Caecina's father knows Aulus, that would be a connection that could work to throw them together, perhaps. And if her father knows Gothy's Octavius, perhaps Caecina and Rufus could meet? Which could be interesting... @Gothic

10 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Hiya!! There's potential for your Gaius and my Aulus to know one another from their time in Britannia - Gaius could possibly have served under Aulus (who's a bit older than him) so they could meet to catch up, maybe in a bar or something.

If Caecina's father knows Aulus, that would be a connection that could work to throw them together, perhaps. And if her father knows Gothy's Octavius, perhaps Caecina and Rufus could meet? Which could be interesting... @Gothic

That could definitely work. Caecina's stepmother is Flavia Juliana who is Octavius' and Quintus Caesar's niece. I'm totally up for a thread between the three of them. 🙂 

Hey! 👋

Now I'm up and running on the board I'm in search of plots, and I have a Briton woman to throw at Gaius to make him feel uncomfortable if you're game! I had a quick stalk read through and noticed that he'd been interacting with Tertius, who has recently bought Charis, my Briton. She's a slave so opportunities for meeting might be slightly awkward, but I think there's definitely something there to be untapped, if you're keen? 

@Echo I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I see Aglaea is Jewish! 👀 I have Bassus who is also Jewish. He's not a slave though, he's a charioteer. He's a bit of a yin-and-yang character but he's a good guy. Flutters from being very much into himself (he fancies himself a celebrity) to being humble and charitable, he can be playful but a bit empty and sad.   

I have other characters as well, if not him. I have Nymphias, who is a Briton slave to Titus Scul-something Rufus and his wife Valeria played by Joaquin. She's naïve and overly girly, she's the little sister of Charis (slave of Tertius, brother to Livia's husband. If I have that right) so there's a connection with Agalae but might be funny to see her bump into Annis, who looks to be the complete opposite of her. A brothel owner Titus Aspanius Lupus (I guess if Gaius visits brothels, he might visit the Elysium?) and then Aculia, a Gaul slave to Marcus Barbatius who shaves. Not much ideas for her but if Gaius needs a shave, he might bump into her at Marcus's place but she can also bump into Aglaea or Annis too. Just ideas, feel free to ignore! 

• Like 1

Wow! You’re full of ideas! I love all of these! Aglaea would certainly love to meet another Jewish person; she’s surrounded by a lot of Romans 🤣

I also love the idea of Annis meeting such a pure character, she’s a salty bitch 😂 
Gaius definitely goes to brothels so they could meet! Also might be interesting to have Titus meet Annis? Maybe try to recruit her? Idk just an idea 😂

Anyway, long story short, I want alllll the threads and I’m good to do any or all of these! ❤️ @Beauty

@Echo

Bassus & Agalaea: It looks like they can both use a break from the Romans. Sounds like a plan! 

Titus & Annis or Gaius: I'm fine with either one. Titus and Annis sounds hilarious though (Warning: either way, he will be terrible 😱). I think we can do Nymphias/Annis in the future! 

I'm cool if you want to do one or both. I'm pretty much open to everything lol. I have a bit of threads to get to/start but I leave the choice up to you as to whether I start or you do 🙂 I won't be offended either way, just lmk what you prefer!

Edited by Beauty
  • Like 1

@Echo That sounds good to me! I'm in the process of replying/starting to threads (and trying to go in order) so I should get something up by tomorrow-ish or so 😄 Bassus could be literally anywhere so don't worry about location. Any preference for Annis/Titus? 

• Like 1

Hmm Annis and Titus might be a bit harder; she's a slave so she doesn't really get to leave the ludus, I think. But she's a relatively well-known gladiatrix and people would pay to meet them sometimes? Otherwise, I can fudge a reason she would be out about in the city if you prefer that 😄

And for Aglaea and Bassus, it could be in/around the Jewish temple maybe? 

@Beauty

@Echo The ludus is good for me! I have an idea that would work well with the ludus (works better for the title I have in mind).

And a Jewish Temple sounds great! 🙂 He can be found anywhere so if you find yourself changing your mind, it's all good! 

• Like 1

(I hope you don't mind me pointing out that the only temple the Jews had was the one in Jerusalem that was destroyed historically in 70AD by the Romans. Where they met on the Sabbath was a synagogue, as they meet today, for discussion of the scriptures and the like.)

• Thanks 2