Echo

Echo's Plotter

Posted (edited)

Caecina Tusca

2nva4hy.jpg

16 | heterosexual | senatore | rome

Friends

Caecina, a social butterfly, has the ability to put on the right personality for every situation. She is good at pretending to be friendly and amiable with other women her own age, but she much prefers the company of men, as she believes other women are only competition for the best husbands. She might have a few close friends of either gender, but she tends to hold people at an arm's length in her own best interests. However, she will be friendly to anyone she deems to be her equal in stature or can help her better her station in life. I would love threads with any young men or women in Rome and would be open to having people break through her outer shell to become true friends! 

Enemies

Other than the other young women of Rome, which are not active enemies, Caecina has few that she would consider enemies, though if another woman chafed her nerves enough, she might treat her as a frienemy, friendly in person but cold or gossipy behind her back. I'm definitely open to plots, though! 

Lovers

Like a good Roman girl, Caecina is a virgin, and she has never been seriously engaged with anyone before. Her father and stepmother, obviously, are on the lookout for suitable matches for her, but Caecina would like a say in the matter as well. I would love to have threads in this area as well! 

-----

Tertia

51OrGdO1bnL.jpg

20 | heterosexual | cosmetics slave | rome

Friends

Tertia is a friendly and helpful girl, though she may be mostly limited to having friends within the household she works in or other slaves from neighboring households. I would love for her to have a few close friends, but of course, she is friendly to everyone. 

Enemies

Tertia doesn't have a single enemy in the world. She believes in the ultimate goodness in every person, though of course there are people that rub her the wrong way. 

Lovers

Tertia has a soft spot for another slave in the Aetii-Stilichii household, Frontus, but she is not actually involved with him at the moment, so this area is semi-open as well! 

-----

Gaius Licinius Habitus

xfbypc.jpg

33 | heterosexual | praetorian | rome

Friends

Gaius is most likely to be friends with his contemporaries; i.e., other men, especially those who served in the military or who are close to him in social ranking. I imagine he is easy to get along with for men more than women, as he tends to show misogynistic tendencies. With men, he also feels like his more authentic self, as women tend to make him feel uncomfortable and out of place. He supposes this feeling comes from a disconnect with his mother growing up as well as his many years spent serving in Britannia surrounded by a majority population of men. In any case, I'd love him to have some close friends, perhaps people he served in Britannia with or other praetorians. I'm open! 

Enemies

Gaius is not fond of Britons, having been pretty badly injured by them on two occasions during his service. His obvious enemies are any people who threaten Rome or the imperial family. 

Lovers

Gaius is not currently involved with anyone. He is heterosexual. I love the idea of him maybe having a childhood love or someone to reconnect with after he returned to Rome, but I am also open to having someone new come along in his life! He eventually wants to settle down and have a couple of little ones, but first, he has to overcome his discomfort in being around women. I can definitely see him being cautious and anxious around women he likes, but trying his best to win them over. 

Edited by Echo
  • Like 2

Tertia and Barbara have probably spent time together- as Alaric's daughter and defacto Domina while her father was unmarried (between Suetonia & Seia). While Barbara wasn't one to be overly flashy she probably came to rely on Tertia's expertise when it came to the need to be 'formal'.

Hi Jenn! I agree! Would you be interested in a past thread, perhaps? 

@Jenn

4 hours ago, Echo said:

Hi Jenn! I agree! Would you be interested in a past thread, perhaps? 

@Jenn

Sure- do you want to start it?

Absolutely! I’ll try and get that done today 🙂 If not today, then this week 

Soooo, my new dork Theodorus served (although in the East and in Germania), and he tends to be overly friendly, so if you think him and Gaius meeting could be fun, I'd be happy with a thread 😉

@Echo

• Like 1

Yay! Do you have an idea of where they would meet? It can be a simple casual meeting at a tavern or something, doesn't have to be a medical issue 😄 Or they can run into each other at some religious place, worshipping one of the gods that were popular with soldiers...

@Echo

I like the idea of them meeting at a temple or something! Gaius probably isn't the most religious but he might have an affinity to some god he thinks got him through the war 😄

@Chevi

I have been thinking, and there used to be a temple or shrine of Minerva Medica somewhere on the Esquiline. Theo would probably worship there since it's a Roman equivalent of Athena, and temple to her both as goddess of war and goddess of healing. This is just my first thought, but maybe Gaius would relate since he had been injured in battle as well?...

@Echo

Hiya!! There's potential for your Gaius and my Aulus to know one another from their time in Britannia - Gaius could possibly have served under Aulus (who's a bit older than him) so they could meet to catch up, maybe in a bar or something.

If Caecina's father knows Aulus, that would be a connection that could work to throw them together, perhaps. And if her father knows Gothy's Octavius, perhaps Caecina and Rufus could meet? Which could be interesting... @Gothic

10 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Hiya!! There's potential for your Gaius and my Aulus to know one another from their time in Britannia - Gaius could possibly have served under Aulus (who's a bit older than him) so they could meet to catch up, maybe in a bar or something.

If Caecina's father knows Aulus, that would be a connection that could work to throw them together, perhaps. And if her father knows Gothy's Octavius, perhaps Caecina and Rufus could meet? Which could be interesting... @Gothic

That could definitely work. Caecina's stepmother is Flavia Juliana who is Octavius' and Quintus Caesar's niece. I'm totally up for a thread between the three of them. 🙂 

Hey! 👋

Now I'm up and running on the board I'm in search of plots, and I have a Briton woman to throw at Gaius to make him feel uncomfortable if you're game! I had a quick stalk read through and noticed that he'd been interacting with Tertius, who has recently bought Charis, my Briton. She's a slave so opportunities for meeting might be slightly awkward, but I think there's definitely something there to be untapped, if you're keen?