Sharpie's Plotter

Sharpie

dulce et desipere in loco

ArDYIs.jpg

Attis

Body-slave to Lucius Cassius Longinus, Attis is famed for his snark and quick tongue, which have been known to get him in trouble. He makes friends quite readily although he doesn't get emotionally close with anyone very easily, using his wit and humour to deflect anything emotional. He has quite a wide circle of acquaintances among his master's friends' slaves and the neighbours' slaves. He is a man of limited ambition, mostly daydreams of when he might eventually attain his freedom.

Looking for:

• Friends and acquaintances
  • People who aren't unarmed in the battle of wits

arma virumque canō...

QYk7bBs.jpg

Aulus Calpurnius Praetextatus

The recent governor of Raetia, in Gallia, Aulus is older brother to Vestal Virgin Calpurnia Praetextata, although they haven't seen each other in years (perhaps briefly during Aulus' last visit to Rome, but that was back in 69 while he was praetor. He has close links with Quintus Augustus and his family, having supported Quintus' claim as Emperor, and he is in the running for Consul next year. He is a successful military man, having been in involved in Quintus' campaigns on the Rhine and in Britannia. He's quite sociable and very loyal to those who prove themselves worth his loyalty.

Looking for:

• Friends and fellow Senators
  • People needing a patron
  • Any other feasible connection

hic labor, hoc opus est

hC1k2LM.jpg

Davus

Slave and general errand boy/house slave in the household of Titus Sulpicius Rufus, Davus hails originally from Alexandria, via Corinth. He is able to get out and about while shopping and running other household errands. He may also be present to wait upon guests to the house.

Looking for:

• Friends, in Titus' household and belonging to other houses in the neighbourhood
  • Links with acquaintance of his master's, and perhaps their slaves
  • Wouldn't be averse to a love interest

medio tutissimus ibis

ArDtDG.png

Gaius Vipsanius Roscius

Senator, elder brother of Lucius Manius Victorius Roscianus (who was recently adopted into an equite family), Gaius has served in the military under the command of Lucius Cassius Longinus. He has returned to Rome to further his political career.

Looking for:

• Friends, acquaintances and clients (both new and old)
  • Any other connections

persta et obdura

ArRlOY.png

Jason

The body-slave of Tiberius Claudius Sabucius, Jason is Sarmatian from the vast steppes beyond Rome's Panonnian border. His master has recently taken up residence in the villa attached to the Gardens of Sallust, and he is able to get out and about. Through his cousin Azarion, he has become involved in the hunt for the person (or persons) responsible for several attacks on women and others.

Looking for:

• Friends, both within Tiberius' household and outside it.
  • Possibly a love interest
  • Links with friends and acquaintances of his master
  • Other connections

festina lente...

xbKNiIa.jpg

Marcus Eppius Parthenicus

The faction leader of the White racing faction, Marcus is the widowed father of two. He runs a tight ship with all sorts of positions open, and is naturally open to sponsorship and the like for his faction.

Looking for:

• Friends and sponsors
  • Possibly a new wife
  • Members of the White faction - the wanted thread is here

īnstrūmentum vōcale

2U9c4ni.jpg

Rufus

Bought by Octavius Flavius Alexander, Rufus is now serving his master as a body slave. He will probably be a background item serving drinks to anyone visiting Octavius, or otherwise waiting on his master, but outside of his duties, he needs:

• Friends (perhaps fellow slaves in neighbouring households)
  • Links with acquaintances of his new master's (and perhaps their slaves)
  • Other interesting people he could run into when performing errands

labor omnia vincit

NHMPcp4.jpg

Teutus

is a freedman, the (illegitimate) son of Tertius Quinctius Varus. He has recently been given his freedom, although he has been supplanted as a son by the recent birth of a child his father will declare to be free. He has expressed his need to not be around the child as he grows up into the place that Teutus had been promised, and is looking to get into trade of some description, most likely in olive oil, or wine, but also potentially other luxury goods.

Looking for:

• A friend or friends who won't be put off by his dysfunctional family status
  • A potential lover or lovers (either sex - one of each would be Elysium!)
  • Other connections

semper paratis

eIdsFLJ.jpg

Volusa

is the personal body-slave of Claudia Caesaris. She's most likely to know and interact with other people within the Imperial household, but she's not limited to just those folks.

Looking for:

• a friend or friends (take a look at the other wanted folks in Claudia's retinue)
  • Other connections

Edited by Sharpie
Added Gaius and Jason
  • Like 1

encourage at last GIF by Allianz

Finally we get to rp with each other! ❤️ 

I have my character Gaius (a fast food vendor) who is currently in the works. 

At the moment, I have Turia who is a slave of a well-to-do household and is able to get out and about. 

I have Marcus Falco, a pleb involved in the Syndicate and a bouncer for the Domus Venus. 

I have a lot of other characters that we could also RP out. And I have Imperial characters or others who could possibly take Rufus if you are interested. Let me know. 😄 

• Like 1

It's only taken... OMG. Years. I was thinking of joining AeRo way back then and RL got in the way, so... *throws confetti all over Rome*

yXQaxLj.gif

Marcus Falco. ...Would that be a reference to Marcus *Didius* Falco, perchance?! (I love those books!)

A chance for Rufus to enter the Imperial household? Ooohh.

Edited by Sharpie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

It's only taken... OMG. Years. I was thinking of joining AeRo way back then and RL got in the way, so... *throws confetti all over Rome*

Marcus Falco. ...Would that be a reference to Marcus *Didius* Falco, perchance?! (I love those books!)

A chance for Rufus to enter the Imperial household? Ooohh.

Nah, sorry. He is my random character. lol Marcus could stop by to browse or something. 

I have family who is in the extended Imperial family.

So, I have;

• Claudia, who is Quintus Caesar's niece and the daughter of Claudius and Flavia Lucilla Augusta. 
  • Gaia, married to one of the former heir's but gradually got pushed out. She is sweet and a bit of a ditz, even after all these years. 
  • Juliana, she is a hermit who lives outside home, and is the daughter of Caesar's younger brother, Jullus. 
  • Octavius, Caesar's younger brother and one of his advisers. 

Not sure if any of these get your interest. Let me know! 😄 

Marcus would be very welcome to stop by and browse! (Paulus was a little inspired by M. Didius Falco's father, though he draws the line at running of with redheaded snippets!)

And would Octavius be interested in a new slave?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Marcus would be very welcome to stop by and browse! (Paulus was a little inspired by M. Didius Falco's father, though he draws the line at running of with redheaded snippets!)

And would Octavius be interested in a new slave?

Excellent, I'll get a thread up soon with Marcus for Paulus. 

And yes, Octavius could. Would you like to set that one up and would you like @Sarah involved? I think it could be fun. 😄 

8 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Excellent, I'll get a thread up soon with Marcus for Paulus. 

And yes, Octavius could. Would you like to set that one up and would you like @Sarah involved? I think it could be fun. 😄 

I would love @Sarah to be involved - it could indeed be fun! If I get something wrong with tagging or anything, please let me know!

Hey Sharpie, sorry for coming late to the party here, but think there might be some scope for a possible link with my character - Lucius Licinius Macer. Recently widowed senator, big investments overseas and now back in Rome to try and climb his way up the political/power ladder and, in the process, is looking not only for fancy products to do up his domus with (and use as gifts/bribes for others) but also is ever keen to dip into fair (or foul) business prospects - through one of his freedmen, of course, as personal involvement in finance would be frowned upon by the senatorial bigwigs!

@Sharpie

Edited by Drusus

Paulus will be more than happy to help out a senator, whether directly or through an intermediary! He'll be very glad to keep some stuff back for a private sale. (Not everything goes to auction anyway! The private sales are for the best customers!)

@Drusus

Hey Sharpie! I'd love to play with you and so far I have this kind-of-an-idea;

Alexius&Paulus - my Alexius is a formerly famous gladiator, who was freed around 60 AD... but if Paulus ever liked gladiator games, he might know who Alexius is. He's now in his mid-thirties and works as a guard/bodyguard for Oriana, so if Paulus ever has to move anything for her or work for her, they might run into each other. He's by the way from Germania, born just a few years before Paulus' father died there (and captured a few years later), so they have a tiny connection there too. I think they might get along, or at least it could be interesting for them to meet.  They could also meet in town 🙂

My plotter is here by the way, if you want to see what chars I have and if you have any ideas 🙂

Edited by Atrice

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

@Atrice  That could work. Been looking at Teutus, who looks like he could be a cool character, too.

That sounds great. How do you think they should come across each other, Alexius and Paulus?

And it would be awesome if you picked up Teutus, I'd love to see how that father/son relationship will turn out 🙂

15 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Just so people know... I've picked up Volusa, Claudia Caesaris' body-slave!

My Julia was Claudia's former governess and has kept in contact with the Imperial children so she would be familiar with Volusa. She is a patrician but was once a slave so doesn't hold a person's status over their head.

• Like 1

I'd love to throw Longinus and Aulus together at some point @Sharpie! Veterans of that horrid, damp Britannia re-unite? Besides, he needs some friends right now who appreciate what military life and a calling for it is like, he's getting bored in Rome. He also probably needs somebody to guide him a bit in politics as he feels a little lost!

Appreciate you have lots of threads right now though ❤️ 

Hi @Chevi! I have a whole bunch of threads but once I've closed out a few (especially of Aulus', LOL!) I'd be more than happy for him to have a thread with Longinus! I think Longinus is a couple of years younger than Aulus, so they could also be looking each other's support politically, especially if they're friends. 😄

and I meant to tag @Sara. There just isn't enough coffee for this. 😳

Edited by Sharpie
Tagged the wrong person
  • Like 1