Sharpie's Plotter

Sharpie

Hey there I definitely think there is scope for some Aulus or Paulus threads with Sestia - the former maybe from a social angle the latter in a business sense as Sestia is happy to splash out money on beautiful things

@Sharpie

Hi @Lauren!  I have more muse generally (and therefore more threads!) with Aulus, who's recently returned from governing a province more mountainous and less coastal than where Sestia's father currently is. He's also looking for a consulship and is willing to make/use whatever connections he can to further that. Some sort of social thread somewhere could be fun - maybe at the Games or the races?

@Tarraco - now that Marcus has been accepted, we need a nice family dinner or something with his daughters and sons-in-law (though Aulus is the only one of those in play!). 

(Also, am amused that Aulus and his father-in-law both have avatars from when their PBs played the same historical character! 😁 )

@Sarah - Spurius has met Aulus... We didn't know if you were coming back and Jenn wanted to get Tacita back into play, so Aulus bought her for Horatia (we NPC'd Spurius but very lightly) so Aulus owes him a favour. (It was here, so you don't have to go hunting!)

If that makes it easier to come up with something for the two of them?

And yes! I can start a thread for Spurius and Teutus - Teutus is on the lookout for a clerk and various other slaves for his business, so I'm sure he'll be a regular at Spurius' warehouse!

Edited by Sharpie
Added link

@Sharpie awesome, thanks! Jenn mentioned that Tacita had been sold, which makes perfect sense since I didn't know when I'd be back either (I was going to ask her but she beat me to it). So that's handy to know. I'll read the thread.

I'll post Spurius for Teutus and ponder Aulus.

• Like 1

Hello @Sharpie!

Hope you don't mind me throwing Gaius into the mix with your characters.

Gaius & Aulus : Being a citizen of Raetia, Gaius might have a little more chance of running into the recent governor and the fact that both of them are military men. Whilst he does not hold the same status as Aulus, he does offer his services as a guard or an enforcer (depending on who your fancy is) should the man need extra hands when around Rome or Raetia. Perhaps even, they could have known one another when he was a legionnaire or even centurion before he had left the ranks to pursue other things.

Gaius & Marcus : I would not think that his work would bring him much success with coin, but Gaius would maybe occasionally be brought along as security and maybe Marcus and he would have crossed paths. Maybe could even try and convince him to be part of the White faction?

I'd have to think upon how Gaius could happen across your other characters, but definitely in time will get around to them!

@Faustus - Aulus would be a good patron for your Gaius if he needs one, especially with Gaius being Raetian - and if Gaius runs into trouble needing Senatorial support or anything, Aulus would be a pretty good person to ask. Especially if they were acquainted back in Raetia during Gaius' military service (he might have been a guard at the Governor's palace in Raetia for a stint, for example).

Oh aye, that's a great idea @Sharpie - it would be probably good if they could have been acquainted in the past for the ease of not having to make the introductions, even if his stint at the Governor's palace had been short and they only interacted if to say hello or greeting. Perhaps they might have more chance now that he isn't under direct command or in command of a Legion ect.

• Like 1

Hi @Sharpie!

I was wondering whether Gaius Vipsanius Roscius might be a potential friend for my Lucius Ovinius Camillus ?

Lucius is a few years younger than your fellow and he's the middle brother, having an older brother, also called Gaius, who might also be known to yours. Lucius is serving his term in the military but is currently in Rome.

Edited by Sarah

@Sharpie That would make things very interesting! Certainly something to work through. More than happy to have them be not-friends if that makes more sense. Or Gaius could recruit Lucius to change Ovinia's mind, if he thought it could be changed. I'm just looking for interactions with his peers.