Sign in to follow this  
Sharpie

PBs for NPCs

Sort-of character development, sort-of ideas generating, sort-of discussion...

I know she's up as a  suggested PB for a wanted character, but this shot of Rachel Brosnahan from The Dovekeepers looks like she could be Rufus' mother - or an older sister I didn't put on his app because I didn't realise this pic existed... 😄

normal_TD_E1_0154.jpg

Who do you have in mind for potential NPC PBs for character relations? (And if those relations are still alive - unlike Rufus' mother - why not put up a wanted for them?)

• Like 2

Double-post, yuck. But I seriously think John Bach looks like he should be Calpurnia's and Aulus' father...

sbs106_0929.jpg

Edited by Sharpie
Thought the pic needed to be a bit bigger...
  • Like 1

(Someone else post in here, do!)

If John Bach is Aulus' father, Thomas Brodie-Sangster is definitely his son. (From The Last Legion:)

the-last-legion-lg.jpg

I imagine Longinus' first wife looked a little something like Sophie Colquhoun in Plebs. Very pretty but not much substance in her personality underneath it!

1717190-main-image.jpg

I'm still trying to find somebody I think matches Rhoda, the cook from Tertius' household... 😒

• Like 1

These are my mental images for the Valerii-Flacci:

340?cb=20100304213520

Publius (Grumpius Maximus) Valerius Flaccus, aka Kevin J. Wilson in 'Spartacus' (the TV series).

8a684bdf6e59c1f8a0b43086868893ec.png

Valeria's mum Romilia Marcella, or Carrie-Anne Moss in 'Pompeii', and yes, she's much younger than her husband.

cfce0b2f7d0864cea516882cabe26033.jpg

Gaius Valerius Flaccus, Valeria's literal brother from another mother and lovingly nicknamed Porcus. Kiefer Sutherland in 'Pompeii'.

And now for the kids, because no-one, absolutely no-one, not a single soul asked for them.

mackenzie-foy_a186965.jpg

Mackenzie Foy starring as Sulpicia Flacca.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBTqGO_xH8FOwjb78NSK3

Gabriel Bateman or, in a previous life, Publius Sulpicius Rufus.

Elle-Fanning-child.jpg?fit=299,450&ssl=1

And last but not least, Elle Fanning as Sulpicia Valeriana, scourge of teenage Briton nannies across the Empire. Recessive traits ended up converging in her because genetics are fickle and she turned out to resemble Uncle Porcus the most, but hey, that happens in RL too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sulpicia Valeriana bears a more than superficial resemblance to her British nanny Nymphias... 🤣

Introducing Calpurnia Horatia, Aulus' daughter, as represented by Remi Deupree.

DWpundoU8AEmJvB.jpg

Edited by Sharpie
  • Like 1

Oh, oh! I always pictured Matt Stokoe as Charis’ big, brawny, Briton husband Immin! Probably just with longer hair 😅

C8-BA82-A9-6240-4-AE1-9-A1-C-FCC4717-CF0

• Like 1

Powers Boothe (the guy on the left) looks uncannily like a Calpurnius Praetextatus. Probably a cousin or something, rather than a sibling. (From the 2001 film Attila the Hun.)

MV5BMmIzMzVhNjctODc5Ni00ZTJlLThmZWEtMDZh

Edited by Sharpie