Blacksmiths and barters

Chevi

She did know how to haggle but didn’t know if the boy did. What if all he had was ten denarii and that’s why he said it. But she said nothing and let the two haggle, the blacksmith with words and the boy showing the price he would pay with his fingers. Eventually they did reach an understanding and for seventeen denarii, Arion got the bit for the horse and put it in his bag. Cynane smiled to him when he both winked and smirked at her.

“Well done.” She said, “You got what you wanted. I suppose you’re going home now, then… and I guess I should too. Do you live in Rome?” She wondered, because then she could walk him home. She wasn’t that busy yet, after all and Arion seemed like a nice young man. Even without words, he could make people understand his opinion and he could haggle. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Even if the woman could not haggle, she at least appreciated the success. Azarion decided that he liked her alright.

“Well done. You got what you wanted. I suppose you’re going home now, then… and I guess I should too. Do you live in Rome?”

Azarion wrinkled his nose and shook his head. How did he explain where his master's villa was? Not that it mattered. He was not really allowed to have outside friends just come and visit anyway. He waved a hand, indicating somewhere far outside of Rome. He also tapped the small bronze tablet that hung from his neck; he had to wear it when he was allowed to go out to the market with the other slaves. The tablet, just like his master, did not bother to mention his name, but it did have (as far as Azarion could tell) Alucio's name, in case he decided to make a run for it. At least he did not get the name tattooed on him, right?

The other slaves must have been looking for him by now. He could see their nervous glances in the crowd. Azarion smiled up at the tall woman, and nodded a thank you and goodbye. Hopefully, they would meet again somehow.

@Atrice

• Like 1