Next Event Ideas

There are excellent replies to my blog post. So, I thought I would add this in here to help people come up with events or be able to share what event they would like their character to take part in. 

Here is a space members are welcome to post any site wide event ideas they have for the community to take part in. Nothing is promised but some ideas can include; natural disasters, banquets, festivals, and more. 

Some guidelines to point out are;

• Just because your event is not chosen that doesn't mean it won't be. We try to break up similar events to give everyone a chance to take part. 
  • Events are able to post in after the date. 
  • Any events are started in between my bigger workloads, too. 

I have a couple of ideas! 

• A fire or earthquake: I know Rome had a lot of fires, so maybe the different areas are put in a randomized generator and post which area is affected. Can really do this for any natural disaster! 
  • Fors Fortuna: Apparently the festival was super rowdy and fun, which might be entertaining to see
  • A possible small slave rebellion: We'd probably have to roleplay leading up to this, but it might be a fun event to see and characters who are able to develop more because of this!

These are just some to throw out there. I know they're super generic and not the best, but I thought I'd throw them out! 🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 2:38 AM, Sydney said:

I have a couple of ideas! 

• A fire or earthquake: I know Rome had a lot of fires, so maybe the different areas are put in a randomized generator and post which area is affected. Can really do this for any natural disaster! 
  • Fors Fortuna: Apparently the festival was super rowdy and fun, which might be entertaining to see
  • A possible small slave rebellion: We'd probably have to roleplay leading up to this, but it might be a fun event to see and characters who are able to develop more because of this!

These are just some to throw out there. I know they're super generic and not the best, but I thought I'd throw them out! 🙂 

These are all excellent ideas! 😄 

Thanks, Sydney. ❤️ 

• Like 1

I have another idea! Sorry for all ideas lol. This one wouldn't be taken super seriously, but it might be fun! 

I think an AU Gladiatoral Games would be super interesting and a lot of fun. We can throw any characters in there, no matter if they're a Gladiator, which is why it would be AU. Everyone can have stats, and it can be a tournament. Whoever wins maybe gets a fun badge on discord or something? 

We could do it by dice roll too. I was on a Hunger Games site for like 5 years (which was on Proboards) and we used a dice roll system that made things fair based on percentages and stats per character. It might be a little complicated, but I think it would kind of cool to see characters that would never fight in an arena. 

I totally understand if the idea sucks lol. But if you have any questions on how it might work, let me know! 

• Like 2

After the roulette there is another one in the works. 

merciless dr evil GIF

• Like 3

Also seconding the fire or earthquake idea (Astrius would be so happy with a fire...) @Sydney @Gothic

Also, AU gladiator fights 😄

• Like 1

I have no idea whether Romans had them, but some sort of masked event? Where our characters won't know who they're talking to?

There's even the option of creating temporary character accounts so we really don't know who the other character is, unless the writer makes it obvious.

Also, I LOVE the idea of the roulette.

Edited by Sarah