Next theme colour choice

Gothic

Colour scheme for AeRo  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What colour scheme do you prefer for the site?

• Something light. Similar to this.
    • Something dark.
    • Something more historical looking. (Please comment to specify)
    • Option for light and dark.

I do look at AeRo on my phone a lot and would love something dark + historical looking. Or darker, doesn't have to be dark as midnight! Maybe with a textured background. I do like some of the older banners and things you've had in the past, too.

White text on a dark colour is better than white on black... Black text on a pale colour is good too.

(There's a theme changer for this software though how you access it/whether you plan to make use of it is something only you can say - but having choices is good!)

/unhelpful

• Like 3

I can't think of anything specific when it comes to historical, but I wouldn't mind something a little darker, just because it's a little less strain on the eyes. I do love that you don't have to use postscripts or anything to make your posts look decent and well organized. It makes writing them super easier than on other sites and takes way less time thanks to not having to constantly fight with codes every time you want to write. So, if it's possible, that's definitely a feature or element that would be great to keep. I'm rather flexible on colors though, so it doesn't have to be super dark or completely without color - just something that's a little darker than the current layout. 

Edited by AzraelGrim
  • Like 3

Since I can still vote I'm presuming this is still open and so shall voice my thoughts... 

I'm currently noticing the strain that the present light theme incurs on tired eyes. I voted for dark; I just mean darker, but not necessarily dark. Come to think of it, a historical 'feel' might be nice.

Don't know how specific of an idea you're looking for, but I was thinking something along the lines of Roman bricks or HBO's Rome.

Edited by Polarity
  • Like 3

I think a more historical look will be nice. Like, having a darker background with marble pillars along the sides, maybe a laurel wreath as a heading at the top

I love this theme and find it so useable! That being said, something with greys/reds/purples always looks pretty and might be better for the evening so you don’t get the bright white glare! 

A theme selector with this one and a choice of a dark one would be my preference! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sara said:

A theme selector with this one and a choice of a dark one would be my preference! 

Don't know if @Gothic is planning to use it, but this software does have a theme selector - scroll down to the bottom of any page you're on and right at the bottom under the social media links, there's Theme, Privacy Policy and Contact Us.

(I've been on another board using this same software, is how I know this! 😄 )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A lot of the themes are either works in progress (and I will need the ones that are a surprise until they are released) or ideas that got discarded/or security changes as the software gets upgraded. The theme changer is very handy. 

Thanks for the input everyone 🙂

• Like 2