Sign in to follow this  
Liv

Liv's plotter

Posted (edited)

Hi all!

Below is a little info about my two characters:

Clio is currently the body slave of Annia Comna and satisfied with her lot in life. She's calculating and reserved, but reliable and loyal too. Never forgets a slight, though, which can be a source of problems. Some plot ideas I've just come up with:

• Gladiators: easy to make acquaintances since Clio lives at a ludus. Her domina isn't much for letting her interact freely with men, and Clio sorta likes it that way. She enjoys watching them train, though.
  • Other slaves: easy to come across when out and about, or when her masters have guests and their entourage over. 
  • Vendors: Clio likes checking out the merchants' wares when she is allowed to do so, and may even buy something provided she has the funds.
  • Learned persons: despite having little to no formal education, Clio is thirsty for knowledge. Mythology and history are her favourite topics, but she could easily find herself interested in other themes such as literature, science and mathematics... if only someone were to teach her.
  • Greeks: having been in Rome for a couple of years has made Clio miss speaking her mother language, despite her decent command of Latin.

When it comes to romantic liaisons, they would definitely be frowned upon or worse by Clio's mistress if she were to learn of them. Clio's previous owner also left her with a very negative impression of love and lust. It would take a very resilient and persuasive person to make Clio get over her reservations, but it's not impossible by any means.

Titus is from a Senatorial family, the Sulpicii-Rufi. He's always been into bellic affairs and opted for a military career early in his public life. Served under Quintus Alexander in Gaul and Britannia and went to Cappadocia to aid and acclaim him as Caesar. He was posted to Britannia and then Dacia in recent years, but is now back in Rome and pondering his next move.

• Army people: if your character has some connection to the legions, that's already a positive for Titus. If they served in Britannia, Gaul, Dacia or Cappadocia, all the better as they might know (of) each other!
  • High society: senatorial and imperial families are more tightly enmeshed in one another than wool socks, and manners dictate they behave more or less civilly towards their fellows. Titus may have spent half his life in service, but he's no brute. Lots of relatives to say hello to, I'm sure!
  • High society wannabes: in the army the strength of one's character says more than their background, so Titus is fairly non-discriminatory in his dealings with equites and plebeians, as long as they don't take him for a fool.

He's happily married to Valeria Flacca (an available canon, go make her!) and entertains no thoughts of straying or divorcing her.  They've got three kids together, the oldest of which is a girl in her puberty - which brings its own set of worries.

If you have any ideas I've overlooked here, I'm all ears!

Edited by Liv
  • Like 1

Yo! I see your Titus got accepted! Want to have a thread with Aulus? Either a current one or back in time, either is cool!

• Like 1

Absolutely @Sharpie! I'm fine with either, can't say I'm itching for one over the other. Would you like to start or should I?