Sara's Plotter

Sara

All my current and past threads, for all my characters, can be found here.

Charis - twenty-two - house slave

Charis-New-New.gif

About: 
Born in Britannia, Charis was brought to Rome a widow in 74CE. She's currently the house slave of Tertius Quinctilius Varus, and after a tumultuous year when she became his bed slave against her will, she became pregnant and gave birth to his son - who he freed and recognised as his heir. Her brother and sister are currently in Rome, enslaved as well. She's pragmatic, although more fragile than a year ago after suffering through a breakdown owing to her treatment. She's practically minded and focused on finding her family.

Potential Plots: 
Charis needs some lightness in her life and needs people to brighten her days. I'm open to a romantic plot for her, although it would likely need to be kept secret from her dominus. Friends and colleagues in the house are also very welcome. Also, past connections from Britannia would be fantastic!

Horatia Justina - thirty-three - matron

ezgif-6-bb887fc368ff.gif

About: 
Horatia is a patrician's daughter, and the wife of another (Aulus Calpurnius Praetextatus - a soon to be Consul). She is composed, reserved, fastidiously neat and very proper. She likes her role in life, and that given to women and very rarely oversteps the boundaries imposed upon her gender. She is a mother to two nearly teenagers - although secretly is preventing another child after a difficult birth. She was separated from her husband for almost six years following the Civil War, and struggled afterwards but the pair of them are solid as a rock. She is fascinated by reading and learning and is a very clever woman, although people often think her shy or unremarkable because she doesn't crave the limelight.

Potential Plots: 
Horatia could do with some childhood friends - male and female, or even a potential ex-suitor. I'm not interested in romantic plots for her, at all, but an old flame reappearing might be fun and throw her composure a little. Other senatorial women who either dislike her 'proper' ways or find her dull could be fun, and book club members are also welcome. I'm open to wider plots with the rest of her family. If somebody has a grudge or is friends with her husband, they are likely to cross paths with her.

Vibia - twenty-five - high end prostitute

Ziastretched.gif

About: 
Vibia, real name Aemilia R. L. Mellusa, is a freedwoman and current prostitute at the high-end Domus Venus. She is also a very skilled musician. Manipulative, amoral but excellent at her job - she is not somebody to be crossed. She's currently working for the Servian Collegium, a gang in Rome after she employed their services to kill her old master - thus freeing her. She is spying on her employer, a rival gang The Syndicate, and her customers for the Collegium and is worried she'll soon face the consequences if she's found out.

Potential Plots: 
If your character needs to get laid, male or female, and are willing to pay - Vibia is your girl. Gang plots are also very welcome either for the Syndicate or the Collegium. I'm not looking for anything romantic for her, nor am I really looking for friends but enemies are also very welcome.

Lucius Cassius Longinus - thirty-seven - senator

Longinus-Plotter.gif

About: 
Longinus is a decorated military man and Senator. He thrice served as a legate in Britannia, the first at only twenty-two due to the extraordinary passing of his mentor. He was away from Rome, therefore, for fifteen years on and off. His wife passed away in 74AD, and whilst previously engaged to and expecting a child with Sestia Vaticana - she left him virtually at the altar after losing their child in May 75AD, although he claims it was a dowry dispute that led to the break-up. Pre this event he was energetic, a hopeless optimist and generally a fun man to be around. Nowadays he's more morose and easily irritated, but hopefully one day he'll come back out of his shell. 

Potential Plots: 
Longinus could do with friends from his service in Britannia. House slaves and staff are also welcome, as are childhood friends. He's not in a position, nor does he want to start searching for another wife at the moment, but something unrequited could be fun!

Zia - twenty-eight - house slave

ZiaNew.gif

About: 
Zia was brought back as a slave from Dacia in 74AD by Titus Sulpicius Rufus. She had previously been married to a future chief, and the mother of another - having her own slaves and living the life of luxury, but this was stripped from her when she was enslaved. She's an incredibly astute woman and a master strategist, having been a driving force behind her tribes rebellion. She enjoys playing games on others out of spite, and is incredibly cold. Her soft spot comes out for her son but she is rarely allowed to see him. She experienced a lot in her first month of being a slave, and suffers from terrible night terrors now - not that she'd ever admit it.

Potential Plots: 
She is unlikely to have many friends, given her personality, but people to plot and scheme with are very, very welcome! I'm not looking for anything romantic with her, but sex doesn't have to be romantic and she's currently fighting with her husband so it's a perfect time. 

Didia Nonia - twenty-five - plebeian

Diddy-New-Plotty.gif

About: 
Didia is a young plebeian woman who lives with her father, mother, two nephews and brother in an insular in Rome. She helps run her fathers fruit and vegetable business; manning the stall at the market and making deliveries to regular clients in Rome. She's an optimist, chatty and friendly with no real ambition for her life. Divorced, she's a little jaded on romance, but is in no hurry to remarry anyway. 

Potential Plots: 
Everything! If your character is a plebeian or a freedman, they could always be neighbours in their insula. I'm very open for plots with slaves as making deliveries for her fathers business means she can come into contact in with plenty in many noble houses in Rome, or at the market. Similarly, if your senatore or equite happens to be in the vicinity where she's doing deliveries, they could always meet! I'm open for romance for her as well, although she's in no particular hurry herself! Other plebeian or freedmen friends are also v welcome!

Ovinia Camilla - nineteen - senator's daughter

New-Ovinia.gif

About: 
Ovinia is the coddled daughter of an elderly senator. She's vibrant, young and lives her life to the full, but her exterior hides her pain at her mothers constant illnesses and unrequited love with an equite. She is unattached right now, but in need of a husband and a guiding hand in her life. 

Potential Plots: 
Everything! She could do with friends of the senatorial class, both male and female are welcome! She is also in need of a husband (want ad here), but has fallen for a man utterly unsuitable so there could be some love-triangle action going on. Enemies are also very welcome - either because of her father and family, or personally (she can be a bit spiteful...).

Titus Balventius Marcianus - twenty-six - vigile

Titus-Try22.gif

About: 
Titus is a freedman and a vigile. Grouchy but focused on helping people, he still harbours resentment for the rich of Rome. He has a good heart it just...takes a while to get there.

Potential Plots: 
Friends are very welcome, as are enemies. If your character has had problems with the law, they might well have run into Titus! Lovers are also welcome, but it might take a while to warm his heart.

Ione - eighteen - prostitiute

Ione2-2.gif

About: 
Ione is a sweet young Greek girl from Kefalonia who, due to the workings of the world, has ended up as a prostitute in one of the cheapest brothels in Rome; The Elysium. She was born free and her father sold her into slavery. She's friendly and warm and kind, and tries not to let life get her down.

Potential Plots: 
Anything and everything - clients at the Elysium or outside of it, friends in the brothel or who she knew from Greece or  her life before The Elysium are very welcome. She's unlikely  to be able to have a relationship, but who knows where the winds of fate will blow her?

Edited by Sara
  • Like 1

Hi!  I've got Teutus, who's Tertius' slave son (right on the edge of being freed, which he's been promised will happen for years so...). I think it'd be fun to see what they make of each other.

I'm out at the moment, so you can maybe start a thread, or I can when I get back in if you'd prefer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Hi!  I've got Teutus, who's Tertius' slave son (right on the edge of being freed, which he's been promised will happen for years so...). I think it'd be fun to see what they make of each other.

I'm out at the moment, so you can maybe start a thread, or I can when I get back in if you'd prefer.

Fab! I will throw a thread up, v intrigued to see how they'll get on.

Hey I would think there could be scope for plots between my Sestia and Longinus? Same social class, both unmarried, would be interesting to see where that goes. 

Would also be interested to see if we could maybe work some plots with Vibia too? Sestia is a great lover of art and music. 

Hi @Emy

Vibia is technically a freedwoman but she is also a prostitute and in league with several of the gangs (it’s all a bit messy...) let me know if she’s somebody Venusiana is likely to meet! I’m up to my eyeballs in threads right now but feel free to drop me a DM on here or discord if you fancy plotting for the future! ☺️

Hey Sara! I had an idea for a thread! My gladiatrix, Annis, spent several years fighting Romans around Britannia. In one particular battle, her resistance group underestimated the numbers of Romans and Annis was injured and captured. Since Longinus spent so much time in Britannia, perhaps he could have been present at that battle? We could either thread the actual battle, or a meeting in the current time period when they recognize each other? Let me know if you're interested! 😄

@Sara

• Like 1

Yes that would be great - thank you! ❤️ Longinus is unlikely to be in the thick of the battle as the legate (unless he gets itchy sword fingers lol), but we could always do it set a couple of days later at a smaller raid? Or if she’s captured?

@Echo

Edited by Sara

Alrighty -rubs hands together-

For Charis I can offer some fun young men (serious or otherwise, either is fine!) Gaius Licinius Habitus is a praetorian and he's pretty bad about talking to women, but I definitely need plots with him otherwise he's going in the bin xD If he's not your style, once my freedman (Marcellus) is up, I can offer him as well! He's going to be a little more showboaty and casual but I'm open to anything with him. 

For Longinus, he might know Gaius, who spent all his time in the military in Britannia. Gaius is more at ease with men and drinking buddies are always fun! I think Gaius is also a little younger than Longinus, so if they knew each other from the military, Gaius might have looked up to him, but they're not far off in age.

Oh, and on the subject of Britannia, if Longinus is interested in sponsoring Annis through the ludus, I'd be open to that! But only if you think that's something he'd be interested in. Lmk ❤️ @Sara

Edited by Echo
Edited to include Annis/Longinus suggestion
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Echo said:

Alrighty -rubs hands together-

For Charis I can offer some fun young men (serious or otherwise, either is fine!) Gaius Licinius Habitus is a praetorian and he's pretty bad about talking to women, but I definitely need plots with him otherwise he's going in the bin xD If he's not your style, once my freedman (Marcellus) is up, I can offer him as well! He's going to be a little more showboaty and casual but I'm open to anything with him. 

For Longinus, he might know Gaius, who spent all his time in the military in Britannia. Gaius is more at ease with men and drinking buddies are always fun! I think Gaius is also a little younger than Longinus, so if they knew each other from the military, Gaius might have looked up to him, but they're not far off in age.

Oh, and on the subject of Britannia, if Longinus is interested in sponsoring Annis through the ludus, I'd be open to that! But only if you think that's something he'd be interested in. Lmk ❤️ @Sara

I think Gaius and Charis could be fun! He served in Britannia, didn’t he? So dislike of Britons and struggles with women...perfect for a conversation with a pregnant British woman! 😅

And definitely, I was going to mention actually whether you’d like Annis to actually be owned by Longinus but at the Ludus permanently! It might give them opportunity for quite a few threads together going forward 😁

The rest of them I am v keen as well - but shall we start with the above?

@Echo

Edited by Sara
  • Like 1