In Dreams

Sara

Of course it was not his intention to make her bleed. He had only wanted to demonstrate his power over he and when he thought it was fine that it hurt her knees, he only thought about it as a reminder to her. He had not imagined she’d be so hurt that she would be bleeding! She said it only hurt a little, but Tertius was still a little worried. Then she’d mentioned how the gods had sent Tertius here and now she elaborated on why she believed that. Would that be her strange British gods then? Tertius didn’t know so much about them. But somewhere, all gods were connected. His father once said he considered that the gods were the same, they just had different names in the different provinces sometimes.

“If you believe that is so, then you are meant to be here. And here too, it seems. In the garden.” Tertius pointed out. She was meant to become a slave and become his, and he was meant to be her master and meant to guide her and lead her. That was very interesting indeed. Now though, he thought he might be ready to sleep again, but he would still prefer they’d looked at her cut first. Charis said she would take care of it and he didn’t need to look after her. Since it was her job to tend to him. 

“You’re right, of course. I’m looking forwards to you tending more to me, now.” He said with a smile, pleased that she was acting so well now. It seemed like something had shifted in her during their conversation and it was only for the good. Suddenly though, she seemed to be looking at something behind Tertius and it turned out to be Hector.

“Oh…” Tertius said and stood, looking at the peristyle where he also saw Hector, “Well, that must be another sign from the gods… that I should return to my bed. I trust you will take this back to the kitchen.” He said to Charis. She was smaller than he when he stood, so lovely and dainty, “I will see you tomorrow then. Remember you need your sleep too, so no more praying to your gods tonight. It seems it was enough.” Tertius added, preferring that she did not go around praying to her gods in the garden at night. That bit had been a bit strange to see, “Goodnight, Charis.” He finally said and turned away from her towards Hector. The other had probably wondered why Tertius wasn’t there in the middle of the night, but he was coming back now.  

@Sara

• Like 1