Gothic

There had been many nights on and off with Calvunus. The Domina of the establishment gave him a reminder about the manners he was supposed to have in regards to the workers. The Domus Venus had a reputation to maintain. The best for the very best. Marcus had no desire to have his inners on his outside or be separated from his testicles. General guard duty was always relatively entertaining, as was finding or thinking of a worthwhile courtesan for an unsure client and the most irritating part was having to baby sit. Leticia and Vibia? He was only too happy to spend time with. Phaedo to a lesser degree. Unfortunately there was something about Helios that he could not escape, and everything the blond haired git did managed to irritate him. 

Marcus paused by Helios' door and peered in at him. He had to admit that Helios was attractive but there was something about the way he spoke, not to mention, the way Calvunus' gaze managed to linger for a little too long for his liking. It was strange, Calvunus and he shared many things. Many lovers they would spend time with or would share tales of apart.

Why was it that Helios and Calvunus managed to get under his skin so much? 

He leaned against the door frame and folded his arms. 

"You're working tonight. So make sure you are clean and ready for guests." Marcus said. However, there was no need for him to tell Helios what to do. He paused, waited and his gaze remained to linger at Helios more. He tried to think of something to say or add. 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios had done what he could to mostly avoid Marcus Falco over the last many weeks. After the incident with Calvunus, during which the other first fucked Helios in an alley and then saved him from a stray bitch, who managed to bite Calvunus and cause him unable to do much… well… even if Falco didn’t know exactly what happened, Helios didn’t want to cross paths with him. But really he would have to. That Oriana Laecinia – of course he found out her entire name, because she was more interesting than he first thought! – had wanted information about Falco and that would be the easiest to get her. Or so he thought. If he could just pull himself together to appear casual around him.

Tonight he hadn’t planned on doing much though. And it wasn’t like he was being very… direct in avoiding Falco. He just didn’t appear to have time to tease him as much as he used to, no matter how much fun that was. Oh think if Falco knew that Calvunus had quite the fondness for Helios, whom Falco wouldn’t even touch.

He was trying to make his bed look nice and was puffing up a pillow, wearing nothing but his simple tunica, when he suddenly had that feeling in the back of his neck, as if someone were watching. And when he turned, he saw and heard Falco there.

He gave the other a small smile, “Of course I’m working. Why wouldn’t I be?” He asked and recalled his job for Oriana, so put down the pillow and approached Falco, meeting his eyes with that certain look in his own, “Is there something else you’d rather have me do, perhaps…?”

@Gothic

• Like 1

Marcus shrugged, he still felt incredibly grumpy about having to babysit them again. He had heard about the dog bite and had to wonder what Calvunus had been doing at the time. He had his suspicions. But... that was a concern for another time. 

"It wasn't a question, Goldylocks," He answered gruffly. Marcus' gaze briefly moved up to Helios' blond hair and then back to his eyes. There were something about his hair (along with that black wig that Oriana wore). Marcus had no idea what it was. But there was something about it. Marcus was about to insist on what the point was but clearly, Helios looked clean and had took the time to prepare the room to ready for the various guests who would enter. The establishment had expectations to maintain, and only the best would do. Marcus was about to turn to leave and then the question caught him off-guard. 

Oh, he had seen that look before. 

"Hm, let's see," He said, since Helios' room was the last in this particular row and he was not in a rush. Marcus guessed that he would spend a little time tormenting him, and he had to admit that it was one of the highlights of his day. "I would love for you to focus on your work and earning coin." Marcus said, shrugged and added. "Make sure you're ready. There are a few newbies that I would like for you to keep an eye on. Show them the ropes, how to get a good price, be pleasing," Marcus' gaze dipped downwards at this point before he remembered who he was looking at, and continued. "You know what they need to do." 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios gave him a look, when Marcus called him Goldylocks, but he supposed it wasn’t all wrong. Some did call his hair golden and his hair was the reason for his name… and his popularity. There were even some of the ladies that envied his hair and how long and smooth and thick it was. It was part of his pride.

Then Marcus was suddenly on his way out, but Helios managed to stop him, giving him that certain look and wondering if he could serve him otherwise… the other turned to him and said he should focus on work and earn some coin. And Helios should keep an eye on the newcomers here and Marcus said he should teach them how to be pleasing. He looked downwards for a moment there and Helios smirked, when Marcus looked up again.

“Oh I know.” Helios said, stepping even closer to the handsome bouncer, “I know all about how to be pleasing and how to teach it to others… perhaps you should watch me at work some night, if you’re unsure I know how?” He suggested with a wink and pushed some of the golden hair over his shoulder and then he recalled what he should be curious about here…

While he spoke casually, as if it was nothing out the ordinary, he moved around Marcus, so that he stood between the bouncer and the doorway, blocking his way – just in case Marcus decided to try and make a detour... “You know, I had a visit from a gorgeous young lady a while ago, and she mentioned your name.  And I just can’t figure out how she would know a man like you… is the name Oriana familiar to you?”

@Gothic

• Like 1

Marcus sighed and rolled his eyes before resting the palm of his face in his hand for a moment. He had seen Helios perform many, many times in the past and had watched a little too long. He was going to reply with what he thought was a witty retort. Fortunately he was interrupted. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of a gorgeous young lady. Women were clients, rarer than the male clientele that frequently met with the workers at the Domus Venus. Marcus looked at him curiously when he said she mentioned his name. Most of his lovers tended to be closer to his own age rather than being considered to be 'young'. Perhaps it was a secret admirer? Then Helios said her name and instantly he recognised it. 

Oriana.

That fucking bitch

"Oh really?" He said, it was one thing for her to play her game outside but now? Coming to his place of work and no doubt, the stain on her reputation could have negative effect on her. If he did not get to her first. That or the bossman. It was a dangerous game she was playing. "And what did she wish to know about little ole me?" Marcus asked, he had done his own research on her and it did not take him long to work out where she lived, too. One could say they had similar ways of thinking. Again Marcus leaned against the side of the doorway and suddenly Helios became more interesting. 

And not simply because of that long and flowing blond hair. 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios stood in front of Marcus, between the bouncer and the doorway – oh the irony, the bouncer’s exit was blocked! – and he kept his eyes on Marcus’ face, to see what he was thinking about this sudden question. First the other had given him a curious look, as if unsure what Helios was up to now. And then Helios mentioned the name. Marcus’ eyes gave him away; he knew her and he knew her well, didn’t he?

Marcus seemed surprised though, but then he wondered what Oriana wished to know about him.

“Oh she didn’t say; is there anything she should know about you?” Helios asked playfully, “Anyway… I won’t tell.” He said with a wink and moved around the bouncer again, gestured to his chamber and the bed while keeping both eyes on Marcus, “I’m just curious, that’s all. Why don’t you stay a while… not that I don’t understand why such a beautiful woman would want you, but you must be very memorable. You didn’t harm her, did you?”

@Gothic

• Like 1

His eyebrows raised in amused surprise when Helios blocked his path. Well, well, well..... someone was getting pretty bold.

Marcus did not step back and instead stepped forward so they were both chest to chest. Perfectly happy to barge Helios out of the way when he wanted to leave. It meant Oriana had decided to take things to the next level, and that would be her final action. Already there were too many people who knew his business. Or wanted to know his business for whatever reason. His eyes narrowed briefly with suspicions concerning Helios' motives. "Goldylocks, you are as transparent as your hair is fabulous." He answered set of prying questions.

However, Helios also always flirted with him. So perhaps, he could have seen more than he would have realised. The next question caught him a little off guard. Marcus was not above violence in order to protect someone that he loved nor cared for. Yet it never came out of the blue. 

"Harm her?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, now that was interesting and that encouraged him to ask one of his own. "And what could you possibly mean by that?" 

@Atrice

Helios could be bold, if it served a purpose, and Oriana had promised to pay him well. He might be a slave, but since he recently decided there might be more to life… he could earn enough to buy his freedom. And on top of that, Helios also wanted to know how Marcus knew the stunning Oriana with the questionable bodyguard-fling. She attempted to be so respectable when she met with Helios, she wouldn’t even sit on his bed. Later that same evening, she was having sex with her bodyguard in an alley. Interesting woman, wasn’t she?

He didn’t move when Marcus stepped closer to him, and he smiled at how he could feel Marcus’ heat when he was this close. He might love to tease and taunt Marcus, but he also found him to be a very handsome bouncer. Marcus called him transparent… oh so he didn’t trust Helios? What a surprise…

“Really?” He asked and then he’d moved around the other man and suggested he stayed and talked. Helios was just curious and no matter what, suggesting Marcus had harmed such a pretty woman would gain some kind of reaction. The other man was surprised and wondered what Helios meant.

“Well she does have this bodyguard following her steps… he must be there for a reason.” Other than fucking her, he thought to himself, “And I really am curious. It would seem you didn’t harm her, so I guess that’s good. So how do you know her?”

@Gothic

• Like 1

Marcus did not want to admit it even to himself but he was relieved when Helios moved out of his way. 

If she had a bodyguard it was because she placed herself in a position where she needed one. At least, that he thought unfairly to himself, yet many members of the nobility had them for security sake. There was always the threat of murder or kidnapping. A range of possibilities. Since Helios spent a majority of his time at the Domus Venus it meant that it was likely she showed up here, and that would provide some worthwhile gossip. There were some well-connected women who were publicly known to visit the Domus Venus. 

"He is there because she foolishly likes to press herself into business she does not belong in," He answered. Marcus had warned her. Given her plenty of time to back away from the situation, learn something and go back to the world she belonged. Again, Helios was not a confidante of his, a slave and a worker at the Domus Venus. Therefore he did not need nor desire to tell him. Instead he lifted his finger to the side of his nose and tapped it twice, a sign that he would keep it a secret. 

"Nothing you should concern yourself with. Keep yourself focused on your job and your own business." He said, winked at Helios and turned to leave the room. 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios sat down on his bed, leaning back on his hands behind her – his entire figure exposed to Marcus, save for the simple tunica he wore, of course... and as he sat down, the tunica slipped further up his thighs, only leaving the most precious to the imagination. Gods! What was the point in wanting a man who never seemed to return that favor… Marcus seemed to just want to chat though, and he said the bodyguard was there because Oriana got herself into business she didn’t belong in. Really. What kind of business? How did Marcus know? Helios was so curious! It wasn’t even just because Oriana wanted to know about him, but Helios was curious on his own.

Yet Marcus said Helios should just keep himself focused on his job and he tilted his head as the other turned around again, “It’s hard to focus with such… fascinating people so close to me. Please tell me something, anything, about her. How did you meet her? If you tell me something, even the tiniest thing… I’ll do your biding. I’m at your service… Marcus.” He spoke slowly, his voice soft and alluring, hoping he could convince Marcus to stay a little longer and tell him more about Oriana. Any secret would do. And it was no problem for Helios to do Marcus’ biding. Not at all.

@Gothic

• Like 1

Marcus had to admit that it was not simply Helios' hair that was attractive. He was a well-formed man, beautiful and it was not the first time that he had seen Helios' junk (or close enough to it). Still, there was something about Helios that always managed to get under his skin. Helios was pretty popular from what he had seen and heard from the other workers at the Domus Venus. He remembered how he helped Phaedo after dealing with that rowdy Senator (or whoever he was) back in the day. 

He looked at Helios, blinked for a moment and was stunned at how blunt Helios was with his questions. Marcus tapped pointed to his own ear in a telltale sign to see if someone heard him properly. "Didn't you hear me? I said to mind your business and to keep your fucking nose out of it." He said, there was an increasing interest in his activities outside of working at the Domus Venus. There was one thing that he could tell him. That infamous black wig that he could not mentally escape from. At times it felt as though it stalked his dreams. 

That infamous wig. 

"She likes terrible, terrible black wigs." 

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios was almost proud of himself, that he’d managed to keep Marcus here for this long. The handsome bouncer had been on his way out of the room more than once, but he hadn’t left yet and Helios wasn’t letting him go until he had what he wanted… information. And Helios, being whom and what he was, was willing to use every skill and trick he had to gain what he wanted. He wasn’t shy and he wasn’t modest. And now he enjoyed how Marcus looked at him once more, seeming to let his eyes roam for a moment, before he told Helios to mind his own business.

“But not only minding my own business… is my business.” Helios said almost softly. Then Marcus said that Oriana liked terrible black wigs. And what was that all about? How did he know? And why choose to tell such a thing, out of so many he could probably have told…

“Oh… that’s different. How do you know? Please stay, and tell me… don’t forget my promise.” He added with a smile, not moving from the bed, but he tossed his hair over the shoulders.

@Gothic

• Like 1

Marcus had finally had enough.

His job forced him to be patient with people who paid him well, and it extended to the workers so long as they behaved appropriately. Helios was pushing it. Oriana's time was numbered. It was one thing to intrude into his working life, and he had not yet had Oriana try to pry into his personal life. However, he believed she would find herself more than outmatched by his quiet, strong and utterly steadfast wife. 

Already he had humoured him too much. Said too much.

"Ugh. No, Goldylocks, save your honeyed words for the guests!" He called out, and exited the room before peeking in on one of the other workers next door to ensure they were prepared for the night. The courtesan purred flirtatious words at him while she draped her revealing outfit around her form. He took a moment to wink at her and continued down to check on the workers. 

@Atrice

• Like 1