Gothic

What book are you reading at the moment?

What book are you reading at the moment? 

It can be for uni or for fun. Whichever! 🙂

I'm so bad at picking up and reading a book lately, but I so want to read... so now I'm trying to listen instead and that works 😄

So I'm currently listening to "Lady of the Rivers" by Philippa Gregory 🙂 

• Like 2

I've just finished In Extremis, which is a biography of Marie Colvin which is brilliant! I never usually read non-fiction, but it was amazing, definitely one of my new top tens! 

I'm now reading Kindred by Octavia Butler and it's a whole different style but I'd say just as good!

(My new years resolution was to only read books written by women or PoC, so if you have any recs please do shout!)

• Like 1

"Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. 

"Gates of Fire is a 1998 historical fiction novel by Steven Pressfield that recounts the Battle of Thermopylae through Xeones, a perioikoi born in Astakos, and one of only three Greek survivors of the battle." A quick synopsis of the book. 

I definitely recommend it! 

• Like 1

I will confess to rereading my Asterix books recently... The most recent actual book I've (re)read is Eagle of the Ninth, which remains awesome.

• Like 1

I just finished reading an Inspector Lynley crime/murder mystery - "This Body of Death" - which happened to turn around the discovery of some Roman loot in the New Forest of England. So that was kind of fun!

I've never watched the TV show (BBC?) made from the books. But I can HIGHLY recommend the entire series of books by Elizabeth George. (If you like contemporary "murder mysteries")

• Like 1