Brian

He entered the Domus Venus with a wide grin and his eyes eagerly took in all the sights on offer. Gaius had fewer ambitions in life than he should have. One of them was to taste every beautiful jewel he caught he sight of. The Gods had graced him with this body of his, and it would not be fair to deny people a chance to touch him. Gaius entered the Domus Venus as though he owned the place. His posture was confident, straight back and chin raised in a bold, almost cocky confidence. His arms outstretched to his sides, in one hand he held a pitcher of wine and in the other, nothing. Gaius did not wear a respectable toga. His father used to say that a toga in a respectable place like this would shame Rome. Gaius, on the other hand, did not wear it because it was cumbersome and he would only lose it by the end of the night. It was one thing to hide many of his antics out in the provinces. It was another thing to do it all here in Rome itself. 

"Gods! I feel so alive!" Gaius exclaimed loudly, grinned and his gaze moved around at the mixture of body types. There were beauties from all over the empire gathered here for him to sample. Behind him, his silent and faithful body-slave accompanied him to mind his Dominus' purse but also to ensure that his Master did not find himself in more trouble than he could get himself out of. His late mother used to say that boys needed to get their wily behaviour out of their system. Unfortunately, Gaius had never grown beyond this stage. Gaius was blessed with a handsome appearance, and desired for all to mirror it. Mostly he received what he desired. 

He walked through the establishment and caught the sight of a beautiful blonde, a fair-haired beauty. Gaius had not been intimate with her in the past, and he had seen her around when he was occupied with another of the flowers of the Domus Venus. Gaius walked to sit close to a harp player and other musicians, there was a dancing boy and a girl gracefully moving together. Two handsome male youths, and two beautiful women dancing together. He caught Vibia's gaze and gestured with his hand for her to approach him. 

TAG: @Sara

Vibia eyed the clientele that filled the Venus this evening. Relieved to be actually earning rather than sitting in the corner with her cithara, she sipped some wine delicately, watching and waiting for the right patron. It was busy tonight although mercifully the sounds of the musicians drowned out the less...discrete sounds of the establishment, happening in the small rooms just down the corridor. She didn't know what it was, but the cooler weather always seemed to bring out the masses. Not  that she was complaining, it had been a few weeks since she had actually been given an opportunity to earn her keep. Titiana seemed to be baring some sort of grudge and Vibia was slowly going mad just sitting in the corner singing her songs whilst the other girls got the gold. 

She couldn't help the little smile at the arrival of a man she'd seen before. He'd been a visitor before, she remembered his face and couldn't recall any onerous stories from the other girls. She arched a brow and flashed a flirtatious smile in his direction. He was a senator, she vaguely recalled and her smile widened; she could be in for a good night. 

As he beckoned her over, she gracefully moved through the clients and girls to stand in front of him. "Dominus." She said in a light voice, "Is there anything I can...get for you?" She eyed him lasciviously, "Or are you just...browsing?" She grinned flirtatiously. She was dressed well this evening, a well cut blue dress to highlight her figure and slightly lavish gold accessories; a well crafted necklace and gold pins holding her hair loosely off of her neck. She might be a prostitute but she was determined to never look cheap. 

TAG: @Brian

• Like 1

Gaius wholeheartedly believed that all the workers at the Domus Venus would have been all too happy to spend time with him. Vibia was beautiful, her clothing only highlighted her features and those blue eyes of hers. His gaze lingered a little too long on her cleavage before it moved back up to meet her eyes. Clearly she was one of quality. He wondered what spirit must have possessed him in order to walk past her and choose another on several nights. 

"There is plenty you can get for me," He murmured, subconsciously bit his lip and knew what he wanted. Her second question made his gaze move around to the hallways of the Domus Venus at any other potentials. There were several that he had purchased their time previously, a couple, he had become a repeat customer to them. 

"I would like to enjoy your company this evening," Gaius said, it was one thing to purchase solely for an intimate encounter. Yet with the amount of coin he was going to spend or rather, the coin his body slave would pass along to the Madame. Near the military camps and other more lowly establishments, the intimate encounters were incredibly different. These were primarily courtesans rather than prostitutes, and several of them had their own particular talents and specialities. Not all of them were intimate or related to being incredibly flexible either. 

"So, who are you? And most importantly, what are your specialities?" He asked. 

TAG: @Sara

• Like 1

Vibia only arched a brow as he surveyed her, appreciative that he seemed to be satisfied with her appearance given how much effort she took in herself. At his confirmation he wanted her, she grinned and moved to take a seat next to him. Some men liked meek little women, or quiet ones who she supposed they could pretend were innocent (was it a power thing?) but no man was drawn to her for that. She'd often had it remarked that her confidence set her apart, and taking a seat before it was offered was a demonstration of that. If he wanted a retiring wallflower, he certainly wouldn't find it with her. 

"Vibia, dominus." She inclined her head, as if in greeting. "A freewoman and..." She gave a little shrug but with a smirk, "I have so many specialities, you'll have to give me a moment to think." She eyed him as he had eyed her, taking in his measure. 

Leaning forward in her seat, she leant her chin into her palm and narrowed her eyes, her impish grin still on her lips (and she ensures - as any practiced prostitute would - that she gave a good view of her cleavage from her position); "I'm a musician...I sing and I play the cithara." It was a complex instrument to learn, and a highly skilled one. She often enjoyed the opportunities she got to boast about it. "But if you mean other specialities...I suspect you'll have to pay to find out." With a suggestive arch of her brow, she leant away and reclined back in her chair. "What is it you're looking for, dominus?"

• Like 1

Gaius bobbed his head in understanding, and hoped he would remember her name by the time it was over. He raised his eyebrow and let out a rude snort when she wanted to take a moment to think of her specialities. Then she began to lean forward, he smirked and leaned forward to listen. Gaius' eyes dipped downwards to rest on the curves of her cleavage when she began to share her other skills. He had to admit that he was incredibly disappointed, grumbled to himself and knew many customers would have enjoyed the experience of a courtesan. Many would have appreciated her skill with the cithara. Unfortunately, Gaius did not and was rather put out by the thought of having to pay to find out. 

"Clearly I am, Vibia," He winked back at her, and grinned boyishly at her. Already he was drawn in by her beautiful face and figure, loved the sight of her body and reached out to take her hand in his. "I am no pleb. I am more than afford your fee. I am merely asking what specialities you have of the intimate nature," He grinned, took a mouthful of the wine and gulped it down. Gaius clicked his fingers for the servants to bring the pair of them more wine. He did not bother to look to see if they were actually going to bring it to him or not. 

"So, your sexual specialities?" Gaius asked. He had indulged in a range of pleasures, some were more exciting than others, and all the participants were beautiful. The Gods created beauty for a reason. For a moment, he tried to think of something witty to say and could not think of anything to add. 

@Sara

• Like 1

Vibia was a skilled courtesan, and long before that she had been an excellent liar. She managed to mask the disappointment she felt expertly. Few men in here cared much for anything other than their lust and what the girls and men could do to satiate it. She could have been the best cithara player in the whole of Rome and it wouldn't have mattered a fig to most of the men that came in here. Still, no use being sour she thought to herself, and she offered a gentle smile, leaning in as she took another cup of wine from one of the slaveboys who ran around constantly refilling the patrons cups. 

"Us musicians are very skilled with our hands." She said after a little shrug, before deciding to speak plainer. Evidently this one wanted to get down to business rather than mince words which she appreciated a little - even if it was a little depressing. 

"I'm good with my mouth." She tried to be proud of it, but found it - even in her line of work - a little embarrassing. "A virtue of being a singer." She offered him a wink before continuing, resting her jaw in her palm - taking in his measure. "And I'm not afraid to take charge...if that would interest you." In her experience the clients of the Venus usually fell into two categories; those that wanted a meek, pretty little thing to play around with and assert their dominance over, or those that wanted a strong woman to use them. Her personality and preference naturally tended towards the latter. "It depends what you're interested in." She affirmed, and tried to pick through her mind to remember who he'd been with before. Would he even be interested in a night with her?

• Like 1