Looking for a husband

Jenn

Julia is recently widowed- although she isn't exactly ready to run head first down the aisle yet, she is available for marriage if the right person came along. It would need to be someone who allied with the Imperial Family as she is very supportive of the Imperials.

She hasn't exactly had the easiest life-her brother Camillus sold her and her sisters into slavery, she had a son while a slave, goes from her master without her son, finally reunited with her son thanks to her connections with the Imperial family (she went to Lucilla after she fled her master), survived the purges/civil war although she was placed under house arrest because it was suspected she helped the Imperial children escape, after the war fell in love with Canus (long story) and it was a companionship match but he has now passes away making her a widow...

• Like 1

So I know he's not the imperial ally that you asked for (at least, not yet) but I was wondering whether Spurius Antius Claudus might be of interest? If not as a potential husband then maybe as a friend or paramour? He's a plebian but quite well off, he's been a successful slave trader for some time now. There is the definite potential for him to become ambitious in politics, with the right motivation. He's close to Julia in age, never been married (prefers to pay the tax, the source of some speculation), used to be a soldier but came back injured and walks with a distinct limp.

I just thought I'd throw him out there.

@Jenn

Hey 🙂 It would be interesting to see these two interacting. Not sure about a marriage due to social status (not that it means a lot to her) but also because of what he does. She understands that slavers have to make a living too but having once been a slave it would be too close to her history. She is open to all kinds of friendships though 🙂

@Sarah

Absolutely, I can imagine that having been a slave Julia might not be particularly fond of slavers, and I had considered the difference in social status. It would be interesting to have them interact and see how they react to each other. I haven't really thought about how Spurius feels about former slaves. It might provide a growth opportunity for both of them.

@Jenn

She is a former slave, but should never have been forced into that position in the first place. Her brother, pretty infamous for being a rebellious baddie, took it upon himself to murder their parents & take power. Instead of marrying his sisters off or killing them he sold them into slavery. She was restored to her families' lineage (ie her slave history was forgotten) by Lucilla & the Magister at the time. 

If you want to do a thread we can come up with something.

@Sarah

Refreshing this thread: Julia is looking to be married again & Barbara is married but the person playing her husband isn't around anymore

Julia- 48 years old, has been widowed for 3 years (Canus died around Saturnalia/Dec 73 AD). Has a son (Sextus Julius Fidelis- also a wanted character in a separate topic) that was born to her while she was in slavery but he was later tracked down and purchased by Julia then legitimized to her family lineage. One key factor for Julia- she supports the Imperials.

Barbara- She is married to Marcus Aelius Lentulus (Marcus Aelius Lentulus - Archived Applications - Aeterna Roma RPG) with 2 children but Marcus' player isn't around anymore.