Lucius Furius Pontius Thracius Minor

pAebzOG.png

Main Theme

Friends

Lucius happens to be a friendly and outgoing type of guy, his background and upbringing making him confident to strike a conversation with everyone and anyone who happens to stand in his path. It's naturally a bonus if their passions and hobbies align with his, such as aiding the poor and vulnerable of society, physical activities or discussing matters over a goblet of wine, and especially if they're secret Christians as well. Extra lookout for household servants/slaves and 'room mates'.

Enemies

Due to Lucius' occupation and his family's standing, there's bound to be plenty of rivals waiting to ruin him and everything he stands for. His secret Christian devotion may be his largest achilles heel if his enemies were to utilize that knowledge for their own gain, at the expense of his. 

Lovers

Lucius is desperately in need of a wife right now, preferably someone who belongs to the Senatore class, though lower than that may be possible if love is stronger than opportunism. He would need to make sure that this future wife of his proves to be loyal enough not to betray him if his secret devotion to Christianity would ever reveal itself. 

Other

A distant descendant of the likes of Marcus Furius Camillus, Pontius Pilate, Quintus Tullius Cicero and Gaius Marius, and someone with plenty of cash in his pockets, Lucius is currently serving as a Senator and one of the Praetors, dealing with matters regarding the public treasury and individuals, both citizens and foreigners. Balancing a highly visible life as a socially and politically active member of the Roman Nobility, alongside the one of a secretly devoted Christian whose philanthrophy stretches itself to society's poor and vulnerable, the possibilities of plots with him are endless and I'm really up for anything! 

Edited by The Young Pope

Hey The Young Pope!

I have a couple characters that would probably interact with Lucius eventually. 

Oriana Laecania is an Equite, but she attends and hosts a bunch of fancy parties. I’m not sure if Lucius is a partier, but they’d probably know of each other in that sense. 

I’m also eventually going to have Flavia Cordelia who’s in the Senator class, but I need to finish the app first lol. 

I also have two slaves—a prostitute at the Domus Venus named Justinia and a crazy pyromaniac named Astrius. I also have a tavern owner named N’tombi and a matchmaker/fortune teller named Priscilla.

If you have any ideas, let me know! 

Laecania: I'm sure they would've met several occasions through these parties, and Lucius is indeed still a party-goer, though more for apearance's sake and taking it easier, not engaging himself so wildly compared to before due to his secret faith changing him. It would be interesting to see explore their relationship, see where it leads to even if they happen to be small-time friends already or at least acquainted with one another? 😄

Priscilla: Considering Lucius in need of a wife, Priscilla providing mathmaking services would certainly interest him; perhaps he stumbles upon her on a random day and hesitates at first, but in the end decides to take his chances? 😜

As for the other characters, I have no idea how he could be of relevence to them, though am open to any suggestion!

@Sydney

Edited by The Young Pope
  • Like 1

Hey TYP, I have a few ideas maybe 😄

Marcus Barbatius is my barber and the two characters here are close in age. If Lucius ever needs a shaving, he's more than welcome to seek out Marcus. And if he senses something is strange in Marcus' barbershop and household, he's very welcome to pray for his soul and attempt winning him over. Whether they'll be friends or enemies is yet to be seen though 😉

Tertius Quinctilius Varus is of course Lucius' fellow Senator, so they at least have that in common, although there is quite the age-gap. But should Lucius want an ally he's welcome to seek out Tertius and maybe they'd get along. They both have their own family secrets it seems.

Helios could also be interesting to set up with Lucius - he is officially just a prostitute at the Domus Venus, but seems to also run his own little business where he collects secrets and trade them for his own gain and money of course. He could maybe find out something about Lucius' beliefs if they met and be willing to blackmail him to keep the secret 😛

Else I have quite a bunch of slaves, Helenus is my thermae slave who could attend to Lucius if he wants to visit the baths, Rana is a gladiatrix and Cynane former gladiatrix, now serving Claudia Caesaria - and she seems to wander free in the city in her time off. She still dislikes most Romans and especially the male ones. My Alexius is also a former gladiator and now works for Oriana as her bodyguard and has an unoffical affair with her (they try to keep it secret, though Helios has seen them together and no one knows yet when he'll spill the secret). Little Lexus is Alexius' son, but so far they haven't met and he's a sweet boy, but quite clumsy and in need of a proper father figure 🙂

@The Young Pope

Edited by Atrice

Marcus Barbatius, Helios, Helenus: All three have the potentiality to become enemies towards Lucius, however I can see that something beautiful can come out of it instead, where the Senator could make use of their services in exchange for cash and other rewards that each of these three would like to have? Lucius would be a frequent customer of Marcus for the occasional trim of the facial hair, whilst he would come into contact w. Helenus through his weekly visit to the thermae for relaxation. As for Helios I'm not sure how they would meet considering Lucius has rejected any desire to visit a brothel (though trying his best to contain those old urges/habits of his), but I'm open to suggestions 😉

Tertius Quinctilius Varus: Lucius is always open to acquiring new friends and allies, Varus being no exception in any case. Perhaps they have a common hobby during their free times and thus have the opportunity to meet during those circumstances? It can also be a simple visit to either home over good food and wine. 🙂

Lexus: Perhaps a relationship w. Lucius could develop over time, where the latter resembles a father figure more or less? It could also be a chance to introduce the Christian faith to this child if Lucius is willing to take that far enough. Maybe Lexus is in need of a job, working in a rich household, and one of these options happens to be the Domus of Furii-Pontii. 🤗

@Atrice

Edited by The Young Pope

Helios also ventures outside the brothel, they could run into each other by chance - and if Lucius has gone to the Domus Venus before/when he was younger, Helios might recognize him and wonder where he's been 😉 I don't know if Lucius would have been with Helios there, but Helios has been at the brothel for over 10 years, so I imagine he knows or knew frequent visitors... 

With little Lexus it could be very interesting to set this up. Currently I think he may come to work for Oriana Laecina and meet his actual father, but I'm not sure if they're going to get along, because their personalities are quite different. Lexus is just young and curious and open-minded, but inexperienced in most matters. It could be interesting to see him become curious about Lucius' faith. I'd love to set these two up and see what would happen 🙂 

What do you think would be most fun to start with? 

@The Young Pope

T'is a tough one lol, but if I had to pick one...it would definitely be with Lexus. As I interpret it, there's a lot of potential for him to become a great man, but he lacks perhaps something to hold unto as a supportive pillar, which doesn't include a father figure but that of a higher being of existence, something that Lucius can possibly provide. In the future, we may even have a thread where Alexius, Lexus, Oriana and Lucius are involved which could yield interesting results. In any case, Lucius aid Lexus in his education and even bring the little boy on his free times activites and let him partake in hobbies of his, in order to transform him into a true Roman boy. 😆

@Atrice

• Like 1

Hey TYP! We could always do a Lucius/Oriana thread and then a Priscilla/Lucius thread after? Especially since Lexus and Lucius are threading. They can meet at a party where they are at least acquaintances. 🙂 Do you want me to start it or do you want to? 😄 

@The Young Pope

4 hours ago, The Young Pope said:

T'is a tough one lol, but if I had to pick one...it would definitely be with Lexus. As I interpret it, there's a lot of potential for him to become a great man, but he lacks perhaps something to hold unto as a supportive pillar, which doesn't include a father figure but that of a higher being of existence, something that Lucius can possibly provide. In the future, we may even have a thread where Alexius, Lexus, Oriana and Lucius are involved which could yield interesting results. In any case, Lucius aid Lexus in his education and even bring the little boy on his free times activites and let him partake in hobbies of his, in order to transform him into a true Roman boy. 😆

Yes little Lexus has the potential to become something great, he just needs someone to push him in the right direction and someone to hand out good advice - and Lucius could easily be that person. And a future thread with the four chars sounds interesting too. For now we could let Lucius and Lexus meet somehow, maybe they're attending the same social event or Lucius actually has a job offer that Lexus at least looks into and wants to hear about, even if he may not pick it up 🙂 

@The Young Pope

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Young Pope said:

Sounds great! 😃 I can start the party thread, which will most likely be up tomorrow. Where would it take place...Oriana's home or somewhere more public?

@Sydney

Either way! She could definitely host the party, which would have some options. Or they could attend the party of someone that’s higher class than her 🙂 

• Like 1

Yes little Lexus has the potential to become something great, he just needs someone to push him in the right direction and someone to hand out good advice - and Lucius could easily be that person. And a future thread with the four chars sounds interesting too. For now we could let Lucius and Lexus meet somehow, maybe they're attending the same social event or Lucius actually has a job offer that Lexus at least looks into and wants to hear about, even if he may not pick it up 🙂 

@The Young Pope

Alright...would their first encounter take place in the main market place where Lexus usually hangs out?  🙂

14 hours ago, Sydney said:

Either way! She could definitely host the party, which would have some options. Or they could attend the party of someone that’s higher class than her 🙂 

She can host the party as I'm sure her reputation as a legendary hostess is known wide and far within the Empire itself. Should the thread be set up in her Domus section + I'll simply post his arrival? 🙂

@Atrice@Sydney

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Young Pope said:

Alright...would their first encounter take place in the main market place where Lexus usually hangs out?  🙂

She can host the party as I'm sure her reputation as a legendary hostess is known wide and far within the Empire itself. Should the thread be set up in her Domus section + I'll simply post his arrival? 🙂

@Atrice@Sydney

Sounds good to me 🙂 

• Like 1