Lucius was no stranger to the typical Roman banquet and all of its forms, whether it was the epulum, the cena, or the comissatio, as he would attend them all befitting a member of the most esteemed nobility. However in contrast to the past, he was a completely changed man and no longer did this senator drink himself to sleep, or go about fornicating with others no matter if they were total strangers to him or not. No longer did he find them to be as pleasurable or interesting as he once did, though naturally it depended on who hosted them, considering he attended them just to uphold his image rather than out of pure desire. A banquet hosted by no other than Oriana Laecania, daughter to Aulus Ordovian Laecanius V, wasn't supposed to be missed and instead one ought to attend it even if one were to be in a pretty bad shape. Lucius couldn't exactly put it, but it was something about Oriana's parties that always ended up in great success where every guest always had fun and felt quite good about it in the aftermath, including someone 'mature' as Lucius himself. 

His father Lucius Major and Aulus' relationship went back decades and it wasn't uncommon back in the day that the families would pay a visit to each others' homes, which is how Lucius Minor managed to get to Oriana to begin with. Finding her to be a beautiful, independent, and daring character compared to most Roman women, he would consider her to be one of his closest friends he could ever confide in, and she proved to be highly supportive ever since his parents died a few years ago. There were actually plans for him to consider marrying her, but for reasons only the Divine itself knew, it never went through and now not even Lucius himself knew if he would pursue it though in the end she probably was already being eyed by another rival senator. It was probably for the better that she remained as a friend rather than on the entire next level of the relationship phase, though one would never know if the circumstances would change. Lucius thought that she truly deserved someone who could treat her as the worthy woman she truly was. 

Wearing his finest toga and nearing his party destination, it would also prove to be a good opportunity to visit the now dying Aulus whose attendance at his father's funeral was appreciative enough, and he would more than likely show the same respect, when it was time for him to also move on to the next world. "Ladies." he said to two of them passing the other direction, the latter duo couldn't stop giggling and being mesmerized by his good looks, as his dear mother of his always remarked about, and old reputation as the ultimate man to spend the night with. The old Lucius would've immediately taken them home, pop up a vase of wine and they would've had a hell of a salacious journey waiting for them, their screams of pure lust heard across the entirety of Rome. However ever since he met old man Linus and his propagating Christian faith, he could no longer continue those old ways of his that only brought temporary, perceived happiness and sense of satisfaction. His eyes were opened up to a whole new world that he thought didn't exist, where the One True God helped him regain his confidence as a man who actually had a purpose to exist in this life to begin with.

"Here we go again." Lucius made a positive sigh, before knocking on the door to Oriana's Domus as he could already hear that the Banquet was in full commotion. 

@Sydney

Edited by The Young Pope
  • Like 1

Oriana loved parties. Most of her interactions were through throwing and attending parties of notible Romans. She didn't have much else to do but to take care of her father and trade the occasional secret. When she invited others to her home, she often went all-out. She ordered wine from the best parts of Rome (and didn't water it down!), made sure to get the freshest olives, cheese, meat, and bread, and decorated with many flowers and festive pieces. She even hired a group of six men to play music at the banquet. Though she was an Equite, she had many people attending her parties, from other waelthy Equites to Senatores. Whether they had connections with her father from the military or from herself conversing at any place she could, many made sure to come to her home. She felt important in those times, like people were actually paying attention to her and noticing her. It was hard to get that kind of attention with so many people in the capital vying for it. 

This time was no different. She made sure to pick out one of her best tunics; a long, silk, emerald green tunic that showed off her fair skin and light eyes. She wasn't able to wear a stolla because she was unmarried, but it made her stand out from the crowd. She didn't have to worry about being hand-in-hand with a husband all night. She was able to go from person to person, speaking and laughing and flirting as she normally did. Her father was too sick to make an appearence for the party, but that just meant she'd be the center of attention. It was a terrible reason to be happy about her father being sick, but she was able to make her own introductions and be her own person, not just Aulus' daughter. 

She pinned her hair up and made sure to put on a lot of gold jewelry. People started showing up an hour early, where she would give her guests house tours and made sure they got plenty of wine and food. Before Oriana knew it, invitees started pouring in. Some went straight to the courtyard while others went to the dining area. She had a large smile on her face the whole time, happy that people were able to make it out. 

A bit into the party, she heard another knock. She excused herself from the conversation with a wealthy matron and opened the door. She saw Lucius, her smile growing even wider. She was overjoyed that he was able to make it! She considered him a close friend, one of the only ones she actually considered to be an actual friend of hers. Her father sometimes had connections she cared about, and Lucius was one of them. "Lucius, I'm so glad you could make it! I was wondering if you would show up." Oriana grinned. "Let me get you some wine, that is the first order of business. This wine is truly Rome's best," she said playfully, raising her own cup. 

@The Young Pope

• Like 1

"Oh Oriana, you look stunning as ever!" Lucius embraced her dearly, adding a couple of kisses on her cheeks to sweeten his arrival. He could never forget that signature trademark of that smile of hers whenever he stopped by for a visit, always managing to lighten someone's day up no matter how bad it was, and she clearly knew how to pair it by wearing the most exquisite clothes and accessories many a Roman woman would've been envy of. "I would never miss a party if it were hosted by Oriana Laecania, and I've no shadow of doubt that this wine is indeed the finest of this city and may very well surpass the likes of the Caesar's." he chuckled proudly, and what a perfect timing when a servant carrying a tray full of wine cups happened to pass by. "Cheers, darling." Raising his cup to make a toast, a satisfactory sound of a clink and the mixed flavours and aroma of the spicy, fruity composition playfully dingled his senses, the banquet was off to a good start as always. The music happened to be dynamic and the musicians didn't only play familiar, classic tunes but also producing melodies that were previously unheard of and foreign to everyone's sensitive ears. 

"Shall we begin?" Lucius lifted his arm up, wanting her to tour him around the Domus as their ritual of inspecting old and new guests whilst sharing their gossip about these individuals whenever there was a banquet. The thing about why he loved Oriana being the host was that the banquets always ended up in a unpredictable fashion, even if the beginnings were more or less the same, as if one were to tell the same story all over again but with a different conclusion alltogether. Such details at hand made Oriana's banquets the most reputable and exciting of them all, and he considered it to be an honor to be a part of the spectacle consisting of theatrics, quirky personalities, shady intrigue, unsurpassable quality of food and wine. However the interesting part of it was whether she would notice how different Lucius would behave at banquests these days, and whether she would care at all if he was 'wild' or more of a 'laidback' type? Hopefully it would simply appear as if he 'matured' upon entering the older stages of life, and it was but a natural process of it all. Of course he would have to notice it himself if she happened to do so as well.

"You probably already heard this countless times already, but your banquets is part of an essence that shall be among your greatest legacies on this mortal plain, and the following generations shall hear about this tale, mark my words, as I truly mean it with my heart and soul...In any case, there are a few things we need to catch up on, wouldn't you agree?" Lucius moved closer towards her, as he appreciated the company who happened to be a valuable friend that many could only hope and dream about, her presence made him feel warm, safe, excited and reassured about that good things were on the horizon to happen. 

@Sydney

• Like 1

“You flatter me,” she said smirking when he complimented her party and, saying it might surpass Caesar’s. His name was always thrown around at these banquets—he was the handsome, single Senator who was quite charming. He was genuine too, as most Senators seemed to have a ploy or were snakes. Though she didn’t know much about Lucius’ political life, she found him to be more honest than most Roman men. At least, that’s what she experienced with him. But gods was he attractive. She’d never admit it, stubborn as she was, and she wouldn’t ever say anything in front of Alexius either.

She took his hand and nodded. “We shall. There are many interesting people here tonight,” Oriana said, almost a bit of a chuckle in her voice. She hadn’t seen Lucius in quite some time at a banquet, so it would undoubtedly be nice to catch up with him. She had been busy and she assumed he had been too. But, it’d be nice to speak with him and indulge in Rome’s finest foods and wine. 

He spoke again, talking about how great her parties were. “You are too kind Lucius, I want everyone here to have as grand of a time as I always have. And with you here, the party seems to just be getting started!” Oriana had not yet known anything about his change in personality. He would usually find a woman to go home with, and back in the day, Oriana would’ve been a tad jealous. Though now, things were most likely different between the two of them. 

“Yes, we certainly need to catch up! There is plenty of room in the courtyard to sit if you want.” Oriana said to him, making her way through the people with Lucius’ hand in hers, smiling and greeting to some of them on the way. When she got to a bench, she sat down, making room for the older man. “How have you been? I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages!” 

@The Young Pope

• Like 1

"I agree, let's find a much more quiet place!" Lucius exclaimed, as a regular conversational voice would've been drowned by the excruciating sounds of endless chattering between the banquet guests and the music echoing throughout the halls. Aside from the occasional hello and brief exchange of words between acquaintances Lucius had the chance gain throughout his years of socializing and politics, he'd rather get the hell out of that crowded environment as fast as possible with Oriana, which felt like a fun challenge to try and beat. After shoving and pushing people out of the way, with the complimentary butt spanking, the duo finally managed to occupy a bench in the tranquility and serenity of the Domus' courtyard; it surprisingly made a great deal of difference, which was aided naturally by the well-designed interior of this livable complex. Even if Lucius eventually let go of her hand in order to sit and face her properly, he could still sense that smooth, silky skin of hers being rubbed against his; a pleasant feeling that he sorely missed all this time without her.

"The same can be said about you, my dear. It's almost a crime being committed by not finding the right moment to meet more often, heh. As for myself...well being a Praetor comes with its own set of terms and responsibilities of course, but one can't ignore the benefits one receives in the process. I know that there are some senators who only take this job to advance their own interests and such. Don't get me wrong, as this matters to me as well, but knowing that I can make a difference for so many of the Empire's citizens is something that ought to be upheld at all times. Truth be told, I haven't felt like this in a rather long time, and I'm not just referring to that disastrous year when the Gods decided to deprive both of my parents, but even the time before that." Lucius said, as he enjoyed expressing most of these innerkept feelings that he normally wouldn't have shared with anyone else, unless he could trust them dearly. With Oriana being one of them, this wasn't the first time he confided in her and it became like an ordinary practice for him to perform whenever get to socialize with one another. 

"It just dawned upon me one day that by taking everything at a slower, much more manageable pace and not being a reckless demon all the time, has done tremendous amounts of differences to how I cope with my life in general, and for others as well. I know it probably sounds a bit silly to hear this, but when you have this feeling of emptiness inside, wondering about whether your life contributes to something greater than all of us could ever imagine possible or not. Oriana, you've always been someone I could count upon and it's safe to say that without your presence in my life, I wouldn't have had a clue about where to proceed with it all. So thank you for everything." Lucius smiled, taking a sip from wine to moisturize his throat before continuing, and he realised that he probably talked an awful lot but it was who he was and something one couldn't possibly change. An additional trait he liked about her was being a great listener, someone who could really take in whatever he said and transform that into true understand and meaning of it all. Though he knew that it was half of the truth though, as embracing an entirely new and heretically-branded faith from Asia Minor also proved to be of a great aid in changing him into the better self that he sorely lacked for quite some time, Linus being this other friend he could equally confide and listen to for advice.

"At least you have Aelius still by your side." Lucius then realised that her father's final days were closing in on him, a man he truly respected for the authority and personality he represented among the higher echelons of Roman society. Taking a hold of her soft, gentle hand in his, the senator leaned closer to her and lowered the voice. "Always remember that if anything should happen, I'm always here and availably ready for you anytime if you need anything...Speaking of which, I was hoping that I could have a few words with him during the later stages of the party, if it's fine by you of course." He leaned back towards his end of the bench, resting his back which was slightly aching from a lot of standing he experienced early on that day. "Let me thus return the favor and ask how you've been faring this entire time since we last met, hmm?"

@Sydney

• Like 1

Oriana enjoyed that Lucius confided in her about his life. There weren’t many people she trusted as much as she did the man, probably because she knew him for so long. She listened to him, realizing that he had a lot more things going on in his life than she had. He seemed as if he changed, and she wondered why. Was it age that changed him? Was it was realizing that almost every Senator was obsessed with power? He said it dawned on him naturally, but it couldn’t be just that easy, could it? Most people changed over years rather than days, but she believed Lucius. Oriana remembered changing when she married Atticus and changing after he died. There was a lot of change in her life, and whether that was for the better or not, others would decide. 

“I’m so glad to hear your doing better. Change can be hard, though it seems like it’s made you a stronger person. You don’t need to thank me for anything, I’m here whenever you need to talk,” she said, smiling. Oriana had many other motives, but one of them wasn’t ever backstabbing Lucius. He was too nice and he was one of the people she would never betray. She hoped he felt the same. 

Lucius spoke again, saying that if she ever need anything, especially with everything going on with her father, he would be there. He took ahold of her hand. “Thank you, Lucius. Your words mean a lot to me. If my father is awake and in good health, you are absolutely allowed to speak to him. It would probably brighten his spirits.” Oriana was usually so tired of talking about her father. Everybody asked how he was and gave their condolences to the girl. But she didn’t mind Lucius asking because he actually cared and knew her father. 

She took another sip of her wine as he asked how she was. Oriana shrugged. “Not much has changed, unfortunately. Still busy with my father rushing to find a husband for me before he dies. Hm, I got a new bodyguard. And, well, that’s really about it. I’m always planning banquets and planning to attend others as well, which seems to be a full-time job in itself!” She said with a laugh. Oriana was much more busy than that, though she never really trusted anyone with the information that happened over the past few months. From her secret affair with her bodyguard to her real father being a rotten plebeian who worked at the Venus, she decided to leave those specific details out. Oriana didn’t intentionally hide those details, she just didn’t exactly speak of them. 

“And you must have found a suitable wife by now! You’re one of Rome’s most eligible bachelors, are you not?” She said with a laugh. “It seems as if many Senators are single these days. Is there a reason for that?” Oriana was only teasing, but it was true. There were so many bachelor Senators to the point where she wondered if there was something wrong with their hive-mind.

@The Young Pope

• Like 1

"I'm conflicted about the failure of my father to find a suitable bride, before eating himself to death that is." Lucius chuckled somewhat, although he couldn't make so much of a joke about the way his father received his eternal sleep, considering he wouldn't have wanted to end up like a giant mound of sickly fats. It's no wonder why the focus of his diet and exercise had become a priority, as the Senator intended to live a longer life as much as possible, keeping vices on a minimum level. "On the first hand, it's a shame that I haven't had the chance to present to my parents offspring that would symbolize the survival of our family into the next generation, on the other hand not being married until now has proven to be a blessing in disguise. I know it sounds completely strange to express this in pure words, but there have been some occurred events, that wouldn't have been realised if not for going through with the tragic death of my mother and father."

"In the end, it's pure speculation and I've no idea what would've become of myself if my parents somehow survived til' this day. It's better to focus on the future and make the best of one's situation...Speaking of your current situation in life, I'm equallt surprised that not a single suitable husband has been found for your. Though, I'm intrigued about this bodyguard of yours; what is he like? does he happen to be more handsome compared to...oh I don't know, me? I'm actually wondering if he's here tonight in this banquet of yours, so we can take a look together." A small grin appeared on Lucius face, as a little teasing wouldn't have hurt a bit, surely enough. As that happened, a servant came by and offered to refill his wine cup, as to which the senator couldn't possibly refuse now that he's heard of this small yet intricate detail of Oriana Laecania. "Do please fill my cup, I believe we have a long night ahead of us." He lifted his cup whilst staring at the hostess, covering half of his alluring face so only his blue eyes were visible.

Though Lucius decided that he didn't want to press much on the matter, knowing truly how each and everyone of them had their own crosses of burdens to carry. On the outside it seemed that all of the attendees were leading completely perfect lives with nothing to fear or worry about, flaunting and bragging about their riches and the vices such as sex, money and power, when in reality it was much more complicated than that. He was after all one of oriana's closest friends and unless she wanted to, she had all the right to this privacy without anyone trying to expose it, something which he hoped she would do the same for him. "But honestly, do you completely trust him with your life? I'm not insuniating about Praetorian loyalty...those guards can never be completely trusted anyways, since they've no qualms about replacing a Emperor with another if they so desire. I'm instead referring to true loyalty, where evn your darkest secrets could be kept within them no matter what." Lucius took another clunk from his cup, and that savory wine set the tone of this discussion and where it was headed towards.

"Now that you're mentioning it, I find it indeed strangely peculiar that there are several senators such as the like of mine, who haven't yet found a suitable bride for each and everyone. I know this quite well after maing this inquiry during the recesses of our meetings, when we're not busy meddling in other individuals' lives as it were. Hmm, you gave me a great idea...perhaps I should form a investigative committee trying to solve this mystery as to why no beautiful woman has even considered taking them as their husband; we could ask around every woman out there, knocking on their doors for all that I care." He said in a humorous tone, in order to lighten up the mood, but Oriana being the clever woman he always admired, gave him a reminder about finding a wife that would expand the somewhat 'empty' household of his. The other branches of his family, including little sister Furia Pontia, already spawned little critters waiting to one day continue their family's legacy and yet not even the main branch under his direction had any activity on that front, yet.

@Sydney

• Like 1

Oriana was never one to talk too much around people she respected. She respected Lucius, without a doubt, so she listened. He had a way with words, something she always admired about him. There were few people in Rome that spoke as passionately and as refined as Lucius. He said that it had been a blessing that he wasn’t married—she wondered why? He then went on to say why she wasn’t married yet, but that was a story for another time. When he brought up her bodyguard, she laughed. “Oh my dear Lucius, you know nobody can compare to your attractiveness. Though I thought you already knew that?” She chuckled and drank another sip of her wine. Alexius was attractive, and she thought moreso than Lucius, but she wasn’t going to say that in front of him. She always thought Senators had pretty big egos, no matter who they were.

“But Alexius has the night off, party and all. He’s actually a former gladiator and very professional. He’s been doing jobs for a while from what he’s told me.” She was mostly telling the truth, just leaving out the part about her affair with him. “I’m not sure if I trust anyone with my life, Lucius. Secrets are a precious thing in Rome; most people will protect them with their lives. There are some secrets about myself that even I don’t know, much less something that my bodyguard would know. He’s paid to protect me, not for me to gossip with. You already fill that position,” Oriana smirked, teasing him. 

She listened to him about himself forming a committee to find wives. Oriana chuckled at that request. “Most senators are...well, let’s just say they’re quite serious. Many can’t even take a joke, much less please their wives in bed. That’s probably why most are divorced, I assume,” she said laughing. Maybe it was mean, but it was probably true. She finished up her cup and got herself another one. 

“As for myself not being married, I just simply haven’t been asked by anyone yet. Though it’s not like I’m going to pick one right off of the streets of Rome! I have my eyes on a couple Senators in fact, but my lips are sealed,” she said with a smirk. There were a couple she had been eyeing, and she really only trusted Lucius with that small bit of information. “When you find a woman to take care of you, we will throw a dinner party! Lucius, primed bachelor, has found a wife everybody! You’ll be the talk of the city for months.” She laughed when she said it a little louder than intended. 

@The Young Pope

• Like 1

"Must you flatter me so? I was just messing with you, Ori! Oh gosh, you've always had the talen of picking THE wine and I think its effects are starting to twist our words." Lucius gave her a complimentary friendly slap on her leg, though truth be told she also had a way with words he thought, how she could just make anyone feel special and needed around her. It wasn't any surprise after all that her parties were received quite a large attendance since everyone were attracted to her charisma, and it wasn't just the natural beauty she posessed that made it easier to open up one's feelings towards her to begin with. "Whether it's that or something else entirely, I have to also say that you've a talent of always knowing what to do for the next course of action, and how to keep your secrets actually 'secret'. So if you find this Alexius useful for your protection and possibly other needs that requires satisfaction, then I shall also feel safe." Lucius didn't elaborate further on these other 'needs' but it was pretty evident that bodyguards could be utilized for a wide range of services that didn't necessarily relate to personal protection.

He chuckled in return upon hearing Oriana's comment about the seriousness of senators failing to preserve intact marriages. "Well I'm not sure if there's too much to be said, as I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Cheers." Lucius clinked his cup with hers and took a mouthful of wine. "I find it interesting and fascinating that it's perfectly acceptable for senators to fuck anything that moves, whether it's their own wives, slaves, whores or outright strangers, both male and female kind, voluntarily or forcefully speaking. But women aren't granted the same 'luxury', if one could call it that, as punishment awaits those who are found to be cheating in their marriages, when the men ask themselves as to why everything went to hell?" He said, taking his pinky finger and stirring the alcoholic liquid in his cup. This was one of these aspects within Roman society that he no longer supported or found to be enjoyable any longer, as being this 'wild' in bed absolutely served no purposes other than to sate a temporary feeling of lust, whilst hurting others close to one's self and even one's self. 

"Quiet you little rascal! We wouldn't want stir up everyone's unimaginable imagination?" Lucius jokingly said, as a few heads were now turned towards their direction for a few seconds before resuming their regular stances. "The woman that I'll probably end up with will be the least expected of all possible choices out there, that I'm sure of, but who exactly it would be...I'll let the Divine take care of that for me, as trying to find it singlehandedly has proven to be fruitless course of direction, heh." Marrying first and foremost a Christian woman would've been the most ideal, though realistically speaking that would prove to be a naive outlook on such prospects, making the second option of acquiring a Roman woman of Pagan background much more the viable alternative, though it would be trickier with other aspects of sharing a life with someone. "Speaking of that name Alexius...how's it going with that little lovely boy currently employed under your care...Lexus? I've happened to actually have a chat with him with honey-cakes on the side some time ago, and he told me that he's taking care of your garden, getting his hands dirty so to speak. I find him to be quite bright and someone who has a keen sense for someone of his age, and I can see the huge potential for him in the future, if someone would like to give him a helpful push that is."

@Sydney

• Like 1

Oriana never really got drunk at parties unless they were absolutely terrible and boring. She enjoyed rich conversation and feeling a little buzzed, but not to the point where she was falling over. Oriana thought it important to keep appearances, especially as a young bachelorette in front of people that were higher class. There would always be a group of married ladies getting drunk off of their asses, almost to the point of being embarrassing, and they would be gossip for the next couple of days. She often laughed at them, though more in a fun way rather than being mean-spirited, but she did partake in the gossip as well. 

Lucius spoke about Alexius, though she didn’t know if he realized how personal of a topic that was to her. He said something about personal satisfaction and she laughed, playing it off like it was nothing. Sure, Alexius personally satisfied her, but it was more than that. Nobody needed to know that though, not even Lucius. That was a topic she kept to herself and might take to her grave, if she must. 

“Cheers!” She said to him as well, raising her glass. If Atticus were still alive and also attended the party, he wouldn’t let her talk to any man for as long as she did. She enjoyed the freedom of being single, though it still made her stand out. Oriana was in her prime though, she wasn’t worried. Well, she didn’t seem worried on the outside at least. “I agree, though it’s always been about men and their ego’s, I’ve realized. They can desire many and many can desire them. But if a woman does the same, the man gets jealous and keeps a tight leash on her. She’s casted out of society as a harlot. But at least we have good taste in wine, I must say,” she said with a smirk and took a drink. Oriana wasn’t necessarily someone who ever thought to fight for those kinds of things, but she’s be damned if her reputation was ruined because of something like that. 

She laughed when he told her to quiet down when she spoke about a fictional marriage. “Well Gods help the woman you’ll end up with, she’ll need it!” She joked around with him, something she couldn’t do around most other people. She knew that whoever he found would make him happier, or at least she hoped. 

“Oh, you’ve met Lexus!” She commented, surprised that they knew each other. “He’s such a good kid. You’re right—he’s smart and has so much potential. He’s just working in my garden, though I wish I could give him more. I’m not very good with children, unfortunately,” she said with a laugh. Lexus was hardly a child though, a teenage boy who was growing into an adult. Still, dealing with people younger than her always proved to be a challenge. 

@The Young Pope

• Like 1

"That's just nonsense, Ori! You have the youthful energy and persistence that is truly needed to understand these little buggers. I'm positively sure that you would end up becoming a great mother yourself one day, you'll see. Besides it wouldn't harm asking the female slaves around for assistance, as my mother did so and highly respected them for their knowledge when she had no clue how to feed me for instance, considering I've also attempted to bite off her nipple from the tit when it was milky-meal time...or so that's what I've been told by them back in the day." He laughed, as it conjured up memories of his beloved mother Tullia Maria and how much he truly missed her from time to time, as her presence acted as a booster for Lucius' own self-confidence in the past. Even if his mental capabilities now exceeded beyond requiring her physical presence, the senator hoped that she was looking down on him and admiring the accomplishments he'd managed to produce thus far.

"As for Lexus, he's already above the other children in his age group, and reminds me of a young adult already. It can't be denied that he's had a rough time growing up the first few years with the absence of his gladiatorial father and only having the mother to support him. They seem to be a strong bunch though, as it's to be expected if one were to survive on the street with little to no money in the worst of situations. I'm grateful that you belong to those willing to give someone like Lexus a fair chance to earn a living for himself, the family as well as showing what he's capable of and so much more. He represents the type of individual we all are striving to be; just pure innocence and natural curiousness that only compels us to sate our quest for knowledge. I even dare say that Lexus would do a better job as senator in Curia compared to its other, less impressive members sorely there for prestige and lack of actual care about running the empire...I've actually offered him to not only work under my roof, but also study with all of the expenses taken care of, his repayment being to succeed in life as he rightly deserves it...and also to do the chores he's been ordered to do of course. As long as Lexus focuses and stays out of trouble, he can live the life of the most influential and wealthy senators in the future, acquiring a plot to build his own Domus on top of Palatine Hill...I'm actually serious mind you."

Lucius paused to moisturize with the cup of wine, his signature trait being always talkative, giving Oriana the chance to soak all of that substance in. He smiled when she jokingly suggested that the future woman of his would need to deal a lot with him. She couldn't have been more correct in that regard, though the scenario could also be the other way around, especially if said woman belonged to a group of individuals whose personality matched that of Lucius, meaning stubborness, capable of exhibiting sheer wrath if left unchecked, and so on and so forth. It was something that had to be dealt with in the future, though the bachelor of a senator was confident enough that he could simply talk things through, and everything would be fine in the end. He'd wanted to be that both husband and wife would be equal to each other, while at the same time respecting the clear differences that clearly defined man and woman, as both of them had a role to play which could certainly be mixed depending on the circumstances.  

"Would you like for us to move our lazy asses somewhere else, or you still find it comfortable exposing them to such rough firmness?" He asked rather flirtatiously and jokingly, which was what usually transpired between the two of them. 

@Sydney