Beauty's Plotter

Beauty

Related image

Nymphias (Born as "Ardra")

Sixteen years old, Nymphias is an innocent, shy and naïve girl who is ridiculously hopeful from Britannia. She's been a slave in Rome since the summer, working household type stuff. Since her enslavement and being separated from her family (Ambrosius, Charis and their mother), she's been having trouble sleeping, eating, crying hysterically and is afraid of everything. Given her horrible, sad and fearful state, she's going to need some friends and nice people in her life (any gender!) but I guess she needs people to make her life hell too. With the right people and circumstances, she can be imaginative, cheerful, carefree and someone with a big heart, always looking to help others. Her ultimate goal is to find her family, feeling a bit lost without them. Her application is here: Click.

Type of plots:

• Nymphias is gullible and innocent so anyone who wants to use someone "easy" to manipulate can use her for something... anything, really. I'm a sucker for manipulation plots. 😇
  • She's owned by Titus Sculpius Rufus, his wife Valeria Flacca and their children so connections?
  • Friends, enemies, co-workers... the usual.  
  • I am open to ALL kinds of plots and threads. Political intrigue, gritty, comedy, everything
  •  

07eb25bc02dc0aa03309f9492b1796b7.gif

Titus Aspanius Lupus (Aka. "Titty")

Titus is the forty-seven year old owner of the Elysium brothel, he has ties with the Syndicate Gang, has worked with the criminals in the past (and orchestrated the murder of a business partner) and hopes to expand his business to the more criminal side of Rome. He's cunning, controlling, scheming, lecherous, and incredibly greedy. He views everyone as toys and chess pieces until proven otherwise. He uses his prostitutes as informants to get information he can use to his favour. He's not a nice guy overall but if lucky, he is capable of some kindness. He has a sister, Gaia Lupa, who is a midwife/helper at the Elysium.  Want to know more about him? Check him out here: Click.

Type of plots:

• I would love for some cat-and-mouse type plots, please and thanks 😎
  • He will need prostitutes working for him & his own personal slaves, he uses them as spies to get information about anyone of interest (I won't have him do anything violent/cruel without the consent of other RPers but be warned, he's not nice!)
  • He wants to expand his business to criminals so business associates, rivals, criminals, etc. would be nice! 
  • Open to anything so just throw literally anything!

tumblr_oixtgs4ToA1vr11n8o2_400.gifv

Tiberius Herius Bassus (Born as "Chanan ben Eldad")

Once a Jewish husband turned slave, the thirty-eight year old Bassus is now a freedman and charioteer. He's kind of a yin and yang character. He is dead on the inside and mechanical after the loss of his family and slavery but he's outwardly coquettish and a bit of a tease. He's prideful and sometimes cocky, especially when racing, but surprisingly understanding and modest. He came from a somewhat wealthy family so he's educated and intelligent, he can write, read and is a quick-learner. He now works as a charioteer, though he might be better suited for more academic and writing jobs, and enjoys the attention and entertaining the audience. More about him: here

Type of plots:

• Charioteer rivals, friends, etc.! Would love a father/son (or daughter)-like relationship.
  • "Book"/reading club, anyone? He's well-read and was a scribe once upon a time. Maybe read some Landicus in a group?
  • Would (shamelessly) love some romance plot for this guy, esp. if it's slow burn. He'll be pretty faithful, won't really sleep around.
  • Open to anything!

source.gif

Aculia

Aculia is the twenty year old slave of Marcus Barbatus, a barber in Rome. It's not common knowledge but he's not the kindness. Originally from Gaul, she was abandoned twice by family (one in which sold her into slavery), was basically homeless, and then repeatedly abandoned again as a slave until she was bought by Marcus. She's developed "positive feelings" for him (not romantic, it's a defence mechanism), which only complicates her already fragile psyche. She has abandonment issues, is insecure, and fearful of her master to the point of being very submissive. Outside of that, she's perceptive, serious, interested in theatre and loves deep, intellectual conversations... and not much of a jokester. The complete opposite of what people see at first, a young woman with a "thousand-yard stare". More about her: Here.

Plot ideas:

• I guess if your character is male and in need of shave, they might bump into her! If your character is a slave or a cook, they'll surely meet her somehow.
  • Aculia was abandoned many times over, never had real friends. She'll be slow to warm/open up so potential friends will have to be very patient and would love for them to help her see the world outside her master's domain.
  • Could use some a lover? Ideas: If you're looking for a very messy romance, this'll be it. She has a lot of baggage and, well, this leads me to my next idea: 
  • Through companionship, would love for her to one day possibly try to escape her master. But I'd love to build up to this. 
  • Open to anything else! Give enemies, rivals, all of it.

ffa8593e3dd2c41fd85249bf82009c23.gif

Aurelia Phillipa (Femme!Jack Sparrow)

"Bedded. Dumped. Died. Bedded. Dumped. Survived." If you have heard this song, you've likely heard of the infamous Aurelia Phillipa. She's thirty-six years young. She's lively, adventurous, and spontaneous but she's lost, assertive and a lot to handle so tread carefully. Her favourite past-times include playing music, visiting the country, partying, drinking and sleeping around. The last three probably give her a bad reputation but lives for the scandal and gossip. She enjoys pulling other women into her madness. She's an energetic mother of five (four living) and all three of her husbands died. One in battle, one in a latrine, and the third by illness, earning her the title "The Black Widow". She's even seen lovers come and go. More about her: here.

Plot ideas:

• Parties? Drinking? She'll most likely be there, give her an invite!
  • Womanly friends who she can party, do self-care treatments, drink and go on mad shopping sprees with. Open to male friends too! 
  • People she can connect with on a deeper level. A good time is her forte but would love to shake it up a bit.
  • Ex-lovers/ex-friends-with-benefits (any gender), wouldn't it be interesting and awkward?
  • Haven't thought ahead about romance but open, I guess! 
  • Open as usual, just toss anything my way.
Edited by Beauty
  • Like 1

Hello @Beauty and welcome to the board. I have a few ideas... I have more characters than these of course and she has to meet Tertius at some point, and maybe also Alexius, but maybe not yet 😉

Helios is a slave, prostitute and a little bit of a spy too with his own agenda. He's already run into Nymphias sister a few times and made her life worse. He can appear charming, but does not mind blackmailing someone. He could figure out that Nymphias and Charis are sisters (maybe without telling her in the first round) and use that bit of info against Charis, since he's got a bone to pick with her now... which could lead to a whole lot of trouble, maybe for both of them... 

Cynane is also a slave, a former gladiatrix and works as a bodyguard for a princess now. She's protective and almost motherly sometimes, but also very realistic. She's made friends with Charis so it could be interesting to have her meet Nymphias - whether she'll figure out the sibling part, I guess time will tell. But she's also from Britannia, so at least they have the language in common (even if her tribe used to fight Nymphias tribe before) 😉

If you'd like for her to live in a household with a few played characters (who are nice), she could come to Gaius Petronius Aquilius' household. I play one part of a set of twins in that household, Septima Major (Chevi plays her twin and Gothy plays elderly Gaius). Septima surely wouldn't mind a slave to tend to her personally. She's also just 15, so her and Nymphias are almost the same age 🙂                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

If you want to know more about my characters and who else I have, my plotter is here🙂

Edited by Atrice

Hi Beauty! I've only got two characters, but I'll put out some feelers.

Clio is body slave to Annia Comna, mistress of the Ludus Dacicus where Turi/Ambrosius has trained.  If they were to be in the same household she would definitely view Nymphias as competition and treat her accordingly. Otherwise, she's sometimes sent to run errands in the city for her mistress, so there's opportunity for chance meetings. Clio is generally curious and eager to learn, and would find it interesting to get to know more about Britons.

If you're looking for a master who won't try to drag her into bed at every opportunity and mostly leave her to her own devices, Titus Sulpicius Rufus could be an option. He recently returned to Rome with his family after a couple of years in Dacia as legatus, and has three kids (all NPC for the time being) ages 13, 9 and 4 who could definitely use some younger slave company. Titus is quite happy with his wife Valeria (who's an available canon) and has had a lot on his mind lately, so he generally doesn't pay much attention to his female servants. 

Edited by Liv

@Atrice

I would definitely love to throw Nymphias at Helios for a little bit of drama! Nymphias would fall for the charm and would definitely be fool enough to give up any information about anything (people, things she's heard, etc.). But I think figuring out who she is might be easy once she gets talking about herself, it shouldn't be too hard for Helios once he pieces it all together. I would really love to write these together I think, lmk who you want to start.

I'd love for Nymphias to get to know Cynane. I love that she can be realistic, motherly and protective. Nymphias could use a bit of all of that right now tbh. They seem different enough in personality that a thread between the two women could be very, very interesting while probably getting along. I want Nymphias to eventually "grow up" so such a person like Cynane would make a good role model! 

I saw that you needed more threads for a barber character and Septima Major, I'd be happy to throw my character at both or one. But I definitely see a lot of potential between Nymphias at Septima Major, whether or not Nymphias works as a slave at her household or not! They're around the same age and both have similar personalities, I think they would be cute as a duo despite their different stations in life. Liv mentioned the possibility of Nymphias being a slave to Clio's master or Titus Sculpius Rufus. You both gave such good options that I'm at a loss of what to choose now! 

@Liv

If they're in the same household (should whoever plays Annia Comna be open to the idea), I'd really love the idea of Clio seeing Nymphias as competition. I think that could be a fun dynamic to write out. If not, an interaction by chance between the two could still be fun! They're both slaves, they have that in common. Clio is thirsty for knowledge and if there's anything Nymphias knows, whether it's about Britannia or one of the girly things she's good at, Nymphias could teach her!

I know Atrice mentioned the possibility of Nymphias working for Gaius' household so I'm very torn on what to choose with all the great ideas given to me but I do think Nymphias working for a family like Titus' with young children would be good. Besides, Titus seems like a cool guy. He was posted in Britannia as a man of military. I think that mixed with Nymphias having had bad experiences with Romans in Britannia would be an interesting thing to work off of, considering that Titus and his family don't seem all that bad! I'm good with whichever you want to throw at Nymphias, where you see the most potential!  

And overall, to both of you, lemme sit and think about whose slave she's gonna be 🤣

Hey @Beauty, I'm willing to offer my Senator Lucius as her Master. More info is to be found in his linked bio naturally, but his personality has been shaped by the experiences he'd endured throughout his young life thus far, trying to balance it between that of a secretive Christian and a ordinary Roman Nobleman keeping close contacts w. the Imperial Family and working in the cupper echelon of the Bureaucracy. He's the type who wouldn't dare abuse her (physically and emotionally) and instead cares about his household servants/slaves with extreme care. The senator happens to currently have a thread w. her long lost brother Ambrosius, taking place in the past whereupon Lucius becomes his master as well, becoming a potentially influential key in the siblings reuniting with one another some day. He's also currently on the look-out for a wife, and he could use someone of great use for taking care of upcoming heirs of his.

Hopefully this has captured your interest, and otherwise I'd like for Lucius and Nymphias to interact with each other in any capacity 🙂

Edited by The Young Pope

You've got several offers for her master, so I'll probably only make it harder if I offer my Aulus Calpurnius Praetextatus - but it's an offer.

Otherwise, I've got Volusa, who's body slave to Gothy's Claudia Caesaris who she might like to be friends with. There's also Rufus, who's a friend of Charis' and promised to help her find her family if possible... and Teutus, another member of Rome's most complicated household, alongside Charis.

Looking forward to threading with you, with any of my guys you'd like!

@The Young Pope

Senator Lucius is definitely an interesting character from what I've read.  I have it in my mind now that Nymphias will be reunited with her siblings after Ambrosius and Charis have met so I think if she's Lucius's slave, she might meet her brother sooner than I want. However, I do think Lucius can still be an influential key in reuniting the siblings because I haven't yet been smart enough to figure out a way for Nymphias to be reunited with her siblings... and I think that's where Lucius might come in handy, once he figures out just who Nymphias is. 

And in thanks of his help, Nymphias, even if not his slave, would be happy to help him with upcoming heirs (or anything) regardless. It might be added work for her but she's willing to help anyone out. Until then, they can definitely thread because each have a connection with Ambrosius and that might be fun to play off of? Lmk what you think! I don't mind starting a thread either!

@Sharpie

I think Nymphias and Volusa would get along, they're slaves, close in age, and have enough similarity in their personalities. I'm a sucker for friendships. But I also see potential with Rufus and Teutus as well. I think Nymphias and Rufus (or Teutus) meeting might be interesting, considering that Charis is Rufus's friend and Teutus works alongside her. Any of these three work but I'd like to thread with either Volusa or Rufus. I guess I could start and you could throw whichever character of yours makes the most sense?

As for Aulus, I wouldn't mind her being Aulus' slave. I'm still trying to decide who she might be a slave to because all options are good! I might either have to make an auction thread based when she arrived for people to join in, should they want to, roll some dice or wait for replies 😂 (or maybe someone can choose for me)

@BeautyI know exactly how you feel when there are several good options that are so hard to choose from! 😂 I like the sound of what you're proposing, and as such wouldn't mind having a thread between the two of them whenever you feel like it. Lucius would certainly pay her far above the average within the Palatine Hill area where he currently resides, the Imperial Family being his neighbours and such, so if she's willing to put down a bit of effort and time she can truly earn quite a few bucks on a weekly basis. Who knows, it might even go that far where they happen to do favours for each other 😉

While you're considering whom Nymphias should belong to, we can still set up maybe one of the other options.

I feel it would be very interesting to see what Helios will do with her, they could run into each other in the street if she's on an errand from her still unknown owner. He's generally very friendly and always on the lookout for gossip, so talking to a young and pretty unguarded slave wouldn't be strange for him 😉

Cynane would definitely take good care of Nymphias. She does not trust others easily, but she would see someone in Nymphias in need of some guidance and she'd be happy to provide that. And maybe instill some of her thoughts of Romans in Nymphias (Cynane is still not entirely fond of Romans or men in general)...

Which thread would you like to get started first though?

@Beauty

@Atrice

For now we can start with Helios and Nymphias because I think that might be fun (but I'd love to thread with Cynane in the future!!). As for who starts and where, I have no preferences. If you want me to start, I can but if you want to, feel free! Just lmk what you prefer.

@Liv

I'm up for a Clio/Nymphias thread whenever you're ready for one! I'm thinking of having Nymphias be Titus' slave, if that's okay with you. If you want to thread them now or in the future, have preferences on who starts, etc., lmk! 🙂

@Sharpie I would love one and was hoping they'd meet at some point! Feel free to start one if you wish to/have any ideas 🙂. Otherwise, I don't mind starting. 

Aaaand posting a sad gif because I can use some more threads/plots for Bassus and Aculia (esp. the latter)! #shameless. 

tumblr_ouglr09evd1uhh267o5_250.gifv

Edited by Beauty

Noooo no sad gifs. Emy to the rescue! Aculia could use some plots I see. I know it may not be easy for friends but Venusiana is a freed woman so maybe she could share some insights about the outside world but also share with her the good things about being free but also having a good dominus like she had? If that makes sense 

I would think Aodh, aka Germanus, and Aculia would know one another being Barbatius' slaves.  Aodh probably tries to protect Aculia from Barbatius the most because of her demeanor.  It would be interesting to see if they like each other or not.  Would Aculia think Aodh is a conceited bastard or like the way he protects the other slaves from the Barbarian, his nickname for Barbatius?  Perhaps Aculia takes advantage of Aodh and manipulates him?  just suggestions and plot ideas.  

Edited by Meilekh