Nymphias

It's a lot easier to be lost than found

Nymphias had an infinity for daydreaming, getting lost in her thoughts but she was far less wistful than she was back in her homeland. At least, that was how things felt. It didn’t feel right to dream of all the things she had when her family’s fate was unknown. Instead of wondrous thoughts that caused her stomach to leap and mind to twirl, there were dark thoughts. It was the uncertainty of the fate’s of her family that ate at her heart. Tired eyes watched the world around her lifelessly and it was after some time of walking that she lost track of where she was.

She likely stuck out like a sore thumb, perhaps because she was very much out of place. Something about the streets made her suddenly aware that she was not where she was meant to be. Particularly with the way she was being watched.

She felt subconscious and being lost made her nervous. If she was lost, would she become lost in Rome forever, forced to beg to survive? At the corner of one of her eyes, something small hurried along the streetside and Nymphias followed after it with curiosity, seeing that it was only a wandering cat. As she neared it, the animal meowed loudly and then approached her feet, its tail caressing the skirts of her gown. It caused her to calm down a little.

“How much?” said a crotchety voice. She spun around to see a man with a dark under-eye and short black hair. The cat chose the best time to leave and Nymphias was stuck there.

Nymphias could only stupidly stare up at him, tensing up. “How much what?” she said, confused. The man then grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him. Whatever he said next went through one ear and out the other. “That hurts me. You mistaken me for someone else.” Her words were said softly, way too softly for someone who needed people to stop taking advantage of her naivety.  

• Like 1

Helios had been out for a walk – that was the official information, anyway. Really he had of course gone out to watch certain people that were interesting to him. And now he was on his way home to the brothel, to maybe have a nap before the afternoon and evening patrons would begin appearing and he’d be busy in there all night. It wasn’t far now, the brothel, he was almost there. And at first he barely saw the young and blonde woman and the cat – it registered, but they didn’t matter to him, so he paid them no attention.

But then a wretch of a man approached the woman and began speaking to her. He probably thought she was a whore, or something. The man pulled her closer then, by the arm and she spoke softly about how he hurt her. And she’d been mistaken for someone else. As if that would save her innocence… if she even was innocent. Helios glanced at the pair, he’d stopped now. She looked far too pretty to belong here. Far too… fresh and clean.

How to intervene though? Helios felt he ought to do something and at least he and the other prostitutes looked out for each other… and would know those who weren’t like them… and she almost certainly didn't belong to a brothel. Not currently, anyway, although she might fetch a good price there. Now however, that was not the case and Helios slowly approached the pair.

“Hey, if you want to get laid, there’s a few fine places not far away.” Helios said to the man, “I don’t think she’s for sale.” The man glared at the Helios and smirked, “You sure? She could have fooled me…” He said with a grin and didn’t let go, “Then you’re easily fooled. What if her master or mistress are looking for her? You’ll be in trouble next, then.” Helios replied and the man finally seemed to have second thoughts about the girl.

@Beauty

• Like 1

She was almost certain that it was her fault for getting herself into this sort of situation, it seemed to happen quite a bit, perhaps because she looked stupid or an easy target to step all over. She’d spent most of her life in complete and utter naiveté, apart from the hardships that her family faced, and looked upon her current life with strong unhappiness. It wasn’t terrible, certainly not the worst, but it felt it. But thankfully a tall, golden-haired man had come to her rescue. She didn’t have the tongue of a viper but this man did, causing the first man to leave.

Nymphias turned to the man who had helped her. “Thank you for safe me,” she said, her neck bending to stare up. “I don’t know how to repay you.” Her voice was emotionless, simply because her mind and body had yet to recover from what felt like a life or death situation. Her heart was still racing and her knees felt weak. Normally men terrified her, particularly when they reminded her of her capture and entry into slavery, but this man seemed nice. He had saved her, after all, and was therefore, likely trustworthy and a good man. Besides, he didn’t look Roman.

“You are very nice person to interfere,” she said honestly, her fingers playing with one another nervously. “A lot of people walk by. Where I come from before, the people are nice. But here in Rome, people hate me.” The way she looked at it, she had no friends and everyone despised her, though it could have been her melancholy talking. She offered an awkward smile. “It is my blame. I wasting your time because you helped me. Is there place I can sit down? My feet is shaking.” But she didn’t want to be left alone, she was too scared to be alone.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Maybe it was his confidence in the situation or maybe the man just didn’t want to risk trouble… no matter what though, the grunt let the girl go and left the scene. The girl was very petite, Helios thought. Blonde and pretty and petite, he could see how she’d be mistaken for a whore, but she was clearly too well-dressed to be one. And she had that look in her eyes, as if she was a little deer that hoped to be cuddled rather than slaughtered. He almost felt sorry for her.

Then she thanked him and didn’t know how to repay him… oh he had not even thought that far yet! But good she mentioned it, then. 

“I’m sure we can work something out.” Helios said with a friendly smile to her, deciding to appear nice to her. Since he already deemed she didn’t belong here, she might belong to someone useful or important – or both! She continued to actually say that he was nice and mentioned how she came from a place where people were nice, but in Rome, she was hated. Hated, really? Maybe for her beauty and her youth… he couldn’t see why anyone would hate her besides that. The city was filled with foreigners, especially among the slaves, so that shouldn’t be an issue. The girl continued, saying it was her fault that she was hated. Then claimed she wasted his time, but then wanted to sit down. Gods she talked a lot, didn’t she?

“Sounds like you better sit down then, girl… what’s your name and where are you from? I’m Helios… I’ve been here a long time.” He said and motioned for her to come with him, still appearing every bit the pleasant savior to her, “I know a place where we can sit quietly. But stay close to me, I don’t want to have to save you again.”

@Beauty

• Like 1

She tailed after him without hesitation as if to ensure him that he wouldn’t have to do anymore saving, walking a little too close to him for extra measure and to keep up. He had said “stay close”, after all, and Nymphias intended to. Everything and everyone frightened her, making her jump a little in her skin. She moved rigidly, legs shaking, and she could even feel her hands trembling. It was a symptom of what the attack on her settlement and her capture had done to her.

She knew she had to stay by Helios, the man who had saved her. She believed herself to be stupid and cowardly; whereas, he was clearly a lot smarter and braver. In that respect, she felt safer with him than without him with only her own wits to care for herself.

“Nymphias, that is my name,” she said in reply, wondering how long the man had been in Rome. It worried Nymphias, she didn’t want to be in Rome for a long time. She wanted to go home. But that wasn’t something likely to happen and even if, she wasn’t going to leave without her family. “I am from Britannia. I come here not a long time ago. Now, I help domine Titus Sc-sculpius Rufus and family.”

She curiously eyed the man, wondering what his life had been like. She supposed he was either a slave like her or a freed man. “Do all slaves come same place to Rome?” she said, mostly to know if she would ever see her sister, brother or mother again. “You say you here a long time so maybe you know.”

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios didn’t go around saving young and blonde slavegirls every day. But in this part of Rome, those who lived here and especially the lowest, while they would fend for themselves they also knew their own kind… and she was not one of them. He’d much rather give work to one of his colleagues than see this pretty thing being violated in the street. Besides, he was right. She could belong to someone important and that someone might be upset about someone ruining his property. Maybe Helios could get a name out of her…

She definitely easily came with her, like a puppy following whoever feeds it. She even stayed close by and revealed her own name. Nymphias. Well she could look like one. Then it turned out he didn’t even have to persuade her into naming her owner – she did so easily, said she came from Britannia and her owner was apparently Titus Sculpius Rufus. He’d definitely heard that name somewhere before, which was interesting.

“They must be pleased to have gained such a sweet new slave.” He said with a smile to her, while he led her further into the district. Meanwhile she wondered if most slaves came to Rome and pointed out how he must know things. He smiled again, gods she was naïve this one… it was almost too easy with her. If Helios was that kind of guy, he could be the one seducing her, but he also didn’t wish to gain the wrath of her master for breaking her in. He could only imagine anyone who owned this one would want her to themselves.

“Not all slaves end up here. The Roman Empire is vast. But many come here.” Helios said, “I was born in Britannia too, but I was captured when I was still a small child.” Letting her know such a thing would probably make her trust him even more, “It sounds like you have a lot to learn, Nymphias. Here…” He rounded a corner and came to a little square with a fountain that wasn’t very maintained. It had once been white… but it was on a small pedestal and they could sit down on that step by the fountain. Helios, being all kinds of nice and polite, motioned for her to sit down first.

Then he followed, sat down next to her, “What are you doing in this part of Rome anywhere? Did you get away from your master somehow?” Discretely asking if her owner would come to this part of Rome.

@Beauty

• Like 1

Of course, she was flattered when he said she was sweet. She didn’t know what her master or his family thought of her, she reasoned that they thought of her as nothing more than a slave to them. And she listened intently when he spoke of where slaves wound up and upon hearing “many”, she had hope that her mother, brother and sister were in Rome just like her. She had a lot of questions about that but was then momentarily distracted by his story about having been captured as a small child.

She frowned a little because felt sorry for him. It made her feel like he could be a friend, they were in the same position. But he was right, she had a lot to learn but she didn’t know where to start. Everything in Rome was confusing, its laws, customs and especially its people.

Coming to a fountain, they sat down, Nymphias first and then Helios. He was quite gentlemanly and so she beamed at him. The water in the fountain was a little green and brown as if it hadn’t been cleaned properly in a while. Somehow, its ugliness was beautiful in its own way, especially wit the way the sun sparkled in it.

“No, I loss path of where I am,” she said honestly, looking downwards because she felt stupid. “I sent on duty but everywhere I go, it looks the same. I didn’t escape. It’s dangerous.” She looked up, feeling a nagging feeling at the back of her mind. “You say you captured when small child. Where is your family? Maybe your family miss you. When I think of mine, I loss track. That’s why I here.” She told herself she wasn’t going to cry over his past or hers but she wiped at her eyes regardless. “I’m sorry you come here as small child, my sister had child inside her when Romans attack.”

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios didn’t need her to feel sorry for him – that’s not why he told her that he was from Britannia. It was mostly because she said she was, and it would make her trust him more easily. Not that she didn’t. Really he could be leading her down a dark alley, have his way with her and slit her throat after and she wouldn’t have seen it coming. But Helios didn’t do that. She was lucky, he supposed, that he found her, despite that his agenda wasn’t honorable either. But at least it was better than if he hadn’t found her, right?

They sat down by the grim looking fountain, but it had steps by it to sit upon and that’s what he wanted. He let her sit down first and joined her a moment later, all while wondering how she ended up here. Pretty little thing. She said that she lost her way and thought everything looked the same in Rome. She even assured him she didn’t try to escape, because that could be dangerous. Helios nodded, “It is. Rome can be a very dangerous city.” Helios replied to her, and then she began wondering about his family and if they missed him. She missed hers and apparently daydreaming about them made her end up here.

She even wiped her eyes… really? Then she said she was sorry he came and that her sister had been pregnant when the Romans came.

“I haven’t seen my family since I was taken… but I also barely remember them. It’s so long ago.” Helios said, but that was a lie. He still remembered his mother hiding him and how he cried and then the Romans found him anyway. He woke up sometimes in the night after he had dreamt about it; he had nightmares. But it was so long ago and it served no purpose telling pretty Nymphias here about it.

“I’m sorry about your family and your sister. I hope the child survived, if she did.” Another lie. If she’d been captured, the child would be born into slavery and that was not always a pleasant life, depending on whom you ended up with. He tried to think about what to say next, to find out more about her, “There are quite a few slaves from Britannia here in Rome. Some are nice, some not so much… but I guess that goes for all people. You seem very nice, Nymphias. It is a nice change.” Helios gave her a friendly smile.

@Beauty

• Like 1

She was glad she was making a friend, sometimes she felt like she didn’t have many. When he called her nice and that that was a “nice change”, she could not help but smile widely and, of course, blush. Flattery certainly always worked on her. If anyone was nice, it was Helios. After all, he rescued her from what felt like death and was taking the time to talk to her. She beginning to feel more like herself again, less frightened and she was thankfully no longer trembling.

“You seem nice too, Helios,” she said, hoping to impress him. Anyone kind and willing to help others were automatically idols of hers. “I am glad you helped me.”

But her smile subsided the more she thought about her sister and her sister’s child. “But I hope my sister and baby are in Rome,” she said suddenly. But Erea was the strongest woman she knew, apart from her mother. “You say Roman Empire is vast but I don’t want to lose my family. I get scared I will never see them again. Are the few slaves from Britannia named Erea or Turi? Those are my brother and sister’s name.” She raised her hand to show how tall her sister might be, just a few inches shorter than Nymphias. She perhaps sounded a little desperate and hopeful that somehow, just somehow Helios might have had a clue or an idea of how she could find her family.

“My sister this tall with dark hair, small and beautiful but… very strong mind. Not like me,” she continued. “My brother tall and always looks so serious. My brother a year older, my sister twenty.” She was babbling. She then waved her hands. “Nevermind, I bothering you with stupidity. Maybe they are lost forever.” She didn’t believe it though but she couldn’t trouble Helios more than she had already. He was so kind and considerate, she couldn’t toss her woes his way.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Gods look at her smile and even blush when he said she was nice and that was a nice change from the rest of people in Rome. Then she also called him nice and was glad he helped her, “Of course… anything for a lovely lady like you, Nymphias.” He said with a smile, maybe he should seduce her. It would almost be mean though, because it would be too easy. It was rare though, that Helios felt he could be this superior to someone and that was a nice change too, actually.

Then she went back to talking about her family, she was apparently afraid that she would never see her family again. Well that might be the case, Rome was vast and there were thousands of slaves here. Probably also thousands of them were from Britannia, so… but she went on, sharing the names of her siblings and explained how they looked like, before she mused about how they might be lost forever.

“You never know… although there are many slaves here and probably also many Britons. I met a few recently, two women. One was quite tall, blonde and… quiet and hard, almost. Her name was Cynane. She had a friend, who wasn’t very tall at all and had long and darker hair. Her name was Charis.” Helios mused, she did have a strong mind, but it would be quite the coincidence if it really was Nymphias sister… “She’s not very pleasant though… not when you get to know her. And I can only imagine that any sibling of yours must be very sweet.” Helios added with a charming smile and a wink to the cute blonde by his side, “I’ll remember the names though, should I ever meet them. Many slaves get their names changed though, here in Rome. I doubt Nymphias was the name your parents gave you?” If she was fresh from Britannia, it would be strange for her to have such a Latin name.

@Beauty

• Like 1

Cynane did not sound like Erea, nor did Charis. Charis certainly was not Erea if she wasn’t very pleasant, though she did sound a little like her sister in the appearance department. Short and dark-haired. But anyone could fit that description too and so she was back to square one. But at least Helios was keeping their names in mind. And then came a charming smile and a wink, causing Nymphias to lower her head shyly, her cheeks flushing to the colour of strawberries. He’d even called her a lovely lady before. When back “home” and alone with the imaginative recesses of her mind, she’d be picturing Helios single-handedly fighting the Romans with his bare hands as they escaped to Britannia.

“Ardra,” she said quietly and playing with the ends of her hair. She was suddenly embarrassed and bashful. If she was trembling out of fear before, now it was nervousness. “You say nice things. I am glad we met, Helios. I don’t know what I do if we don’t. I sometimes feel alone in Rome. But you help me feel like I am whole.”

She’d received brutal and lewd threats on her way to Rome, which was her first glimpse of what the life of a slave meant to Romans. But it didn’t matter if Nymphias had just met Helios and knew only very little about him, she believed Helios was different from most men. He was kind, gentle, caring, and truthful. She was sure that her sister, Erea, would like him very much. Thankful even, that he’d helped her.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Gods, look at her blush every time he complimented her. He looked at her as he bit his bottom lip, considering what to do with her. But why would he want to seduce her, besides the fact that he could? What would he gain from it… other than someone who thought he was a friend, so that he could use her as a kind of informant? That was always useful of course, to have people who could tell him stuff.  It was such a pity he was just a slave, he should be free and set up in a gang, he’d do much better there.

She said her name was Ardra and he nodded and said her name, as if tasting it, “Ardra…” He said, although he thought Nymphias suited her well too. He could easily imagine her as a water-goddess or something like it. Delicate and fine… although nymphs weren’t innocent, he wouldn’t believe that. And Nymphias seemed very pure to him. She said she was glad she met him and that she felt alone in Rome. She said he made her feel whole.

“Those are beautiful words… Ardra. Thank you… it’s rare a slave hears someone else speak so highly of them.” He said, “I’m sorry you feel alone, sweet one. And I’ll happily help you more and make sure you don’t feel alone.” Helios smiled at her and reached up to touch her hair. He ran his fingers through it, gently and almost caringly, “It’s such a pity that a girl like you had to end up here. You deserve so much better, I think. And your life must have been better before. Did you have a husband?” He doubted she did, she was way too inexperienced to have had one. But he just had to know and besides, it was a question that might get her talking more. She did seem to like to talk about her previous life and he’d let her.

@Beauty

• Like 1

Her eyes dashed about the place, searching for any signs of nearby people. She’d heard horror stories about slaves uttering their true names and getting into a lot of trouble. But he said her words were beautiful, called her sweet one and ran her hands through her hair and so her eyes returned back to him. But they soon fell again, clearly bashful still. Though her stomach bubbled, her body stiffened, and merely because she’d never been this intimate with a man before! The hair touching was undeniably erotic!

“You deserve better too,” she said softly, her cheeks becoming redder than even before, if that was even possible. “My life was a lot better and… I never married. My sister had husband. I mean, a husband. She married when seventeen. I never marry yet. I wait for special man, maybe rich and handsome man and we have lots of children.”

Nymphias had mostly boys tease her to get her attention which did little to interest Nymphias when her daydreams with overly romantic men did just the trick. With slavery, the prospects of marriage seemed unrealistic. She would have asked Helios if he was married himself but since he was touching her hair, she didn’t think he was married.

“It is pity I here… but if life was different, I would be happy but then I not meet you,” she said honestly, not able to stop herself from smiling. “Do you love a woman?” She secretly hoped he said her.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Her body seemed to stiffen when he touched her hair and he didn’t know if it was because she liked it or if it scared her. If she was innocent as he assumed, she’d never been with a man before. Not that he understood why, she must have had many men glance her way and especially here in Rome, now that she was a slave – there to be taken by them, more or less. On the other hand, virginity could be valuable and maybe her owner was saving her… he didn’t know.

Instead he commented on what a pity it was for her to be here and she deserved better… and did she by the way ever have a husband? Her soft cheeks were still red, while she said he deserved better too and that she was never married – but her sister had been married. And meanwhile Ardra or Nymphias had hoped to find a rich and handsome man.  Now of course, that was not very likely.

“A slave can marry another slave, if their owner allows it. Slaves are rarely wealthy, but luckily looks rarely has anything to do with wealth. Or you could become the mistress to a both handsome and wealthy master, if you’re that lucky.” Helios said without hiding any of it, just letting her know that it could happen. Then she suddenly asked if he loved a woman and it was almost amusing and almost cute, that she’d ask.

Helios shook his head, “No… I had a stupid crush on a girl when I was younger, but that made my owner sell me. Love has no place where I am now.” Helios admitted to her. Falling in love when you were a prostitute would be stupid. He had that stupid infatuation with Marcus Falco, of course, but that was different. And stupid it was, as Falco seemed to despise him. He pushed the thought out of his head, looking at the girl again as he would seek to change the subject. Anything to make the girl like and trust him, so he had a cause to seek her out again... for any secrets she might learn, of course, “Have you ever been kissed, Ardra?”

@Beauty

• Like 1

She hated the way Romans owned slaves like they were beasts, restricting them from being able to do anything as they pleased. It made her feel trapped but dreaming made her able to imagine a far better life than she was currently living. And yet, the more she was in Rome, it became harder to imagine a better life. It could have been worse, things could have always been worse, but she was still displeased with life thus far.

His tragic love story shocked her, or rather it hadn’t had the chance to develop into a love story, and it made her sad for him too. She frowned, perhaps taking on his past issue as her own. She wondered if her master would do the same. But he seemed kind, though he intimidated her. His wife was even more confusing. Her thoughts were distracted with his question, her eyes shot up to look at him. They’d just met but Nymphias was sure he was the one. Surely, fate or the gods had led him to her.

“No,” said Nymphias embarrassed, tensing once again and heart racing. An unwanted reaction but clearly born from her time of being captured. In spite of her physical reactions, she closed her eyes, anticipating that a kiss might have been what he wanted.

@Atrice

• Like 1

He almost felt bad about what he was going to do to her. They had indeed just met, but she put such trust in him and it would be stupid of him to just let her go easily. It was rare he got to feel superior to anyone and he would do anything to gain information and secrets, so that he could gain more coin and buy his own freedom. Anything. He would even prey on a young and inexperienced slave and newcomer to Rome. She knew nothing. She would trust him. It was almost mean, wasn’t it?

But the world was cruel and Helios had felt it often enough with his own body. If he didn’t do this, someone else would. She had listened quietly to his story and then he dared to ask her if she’d ever been kissed. He looked at her, she was very pretty. With her blonde hair and her beautiful, doe-like eyes. And of course she’d never been kissed. He could see that she seemed tense, but then she also closed her eyes – putting her trust into his hands once more.

Helios inhaled a breath and did it – he leaned closer to her and pressed a kiss to her soft and warm lips. He let it linger for a moment, before he pulled away with a small smile, “Now you have.” He said and slid an arm around her back and waist to pull her closer. That wasn’t the worst kiss he ever had, he thought to himself, “Do you want another? You can kiss me, if you’d like… Ardra. I won’t hurt you. And I won’t tell anyone.” Technically, he could go and tell her master about this, about his new slave kissing strangers in the streets, but he wanted to use for her his own goals. She would be his oblivious informant. All she knew was that Helios was a kind and nice man who saved her from a beast. That’s all she needed to know too.

@Beauty

• Like 2

The kiss was soft, gentle and not quite as she had imagined it to be. It was better, causing her stomach to leap and dance. Her heart was beating fast, she couldn’t tell if it was the fear she usually felt or something else. When it was finished, she opened her eyes and smiled widely. His hands slid around her and she was pulled towards him , which elicited a shocked response from her before she settled down. He said he wouldn’t hurt her or tell anyone. She believed him and given the story he’d told her about the girl he liked being sent away, she didn’t want to get into any trouble either.

She nodded her head, indicating that she did want to kiss him again. She was lacking in experience, she knew this, she didn’t know what to do with her hands but feared giving a lifeless kiss. Everyone made kissing seem so simple. If they were destined to be together, as Nymphias now believed, the kiss had to be one that spoke of love that surpassed the heavens. Carefully, she cupped his cheeks with both hands and leaned forwards to press her lips against his. She mirrored how he had let it linger before pulling away. Her hands remained before falling.

She breathed in. “Was that good?” she asked, feeling a little self-conscious and then quickly added: “I won’t tell anyone also.”

@Atrice

• Like 1

Gods she was sweet, this one! Almost too sweet. She let him kiss her and she also let him pull her closer. She had smiled widely after he kissed her, and while she let out a little surprised sound when he pulled her closer, she didn’t try to get away from him. She stayed right with him, even now that their thighs and bodies were touching. Well they were still clothed, Helios thought. He bet he could persuade her to sleep with him, but he didn’t want to upset her master by taking her virginity. If she had never been kissed, she was most definitely a virgin, he thought. But he promised to not hurt her and said she could kiss him, if she wanted to.

Nymphias nodded and then cupped his cheeks ever so gently to lean up and kiss him. His hand on her waist held her a little tighter, while she let the kiss linger. Helios almost felt he actually desired her. But then it was over and she wondered if it was any good, the kiss.

“I know you won’t. It was very good, sweet Ardra.” He said. If they stayed here much longer, Helios thought he might change his mind about sleeping with her. Maybe he would, sometime, but not today he decided.

“Do you want me to help you find your way back to where you were supposed to go? Or I can follow you home and keep you safe. I don’t want you to get into trouble in this part of Rome.” Helios then said, but he had not loosened his grip on her just yet. People walked by them in the small square and some just saw a couple of lovers, maybe… others saw Helios and a blonde girl out in the open. But they didn’t know who the girl was and it wouldn’t matter, would it?

@Beauty

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 1

This was every bit the way she had imagined a romance, courting, whatever one wished to name it, to be like. Handsome men being kind, gentle and caring. Being who she was, she looked at it all with rose-tinted spectacles. There was Erea and Immin for reference; however, Nymphias had been quite young when Immin and Erea met, she had been around twelve, only seeing what a child would see. There were a few older girls and women who she’d seen marry and have children but she didn’t see what happened behind closed doors, only what she saw in the public. She was quite young and just entering womanhood, her experience in such matters of love and sex was, as a result, lacking.

Nymphias stood up, albeit reluctantly, and remembered that she had things to do, places to be, but such was the life of a slave. Even one’s time belonged to someone else. She trusted he would safely see her to her destination. She played with her hands nervously, it was a habit that didn’t seem to go away.

“Yes, please,” she said with a nod, smiling from ear to ear and cheeks as red as roses. “I want you to walk me home to Domi Qu-quirinalis.” She was much too frightened of walking on her own, at least, for the time being. She hadn’t realised how long she had been out for but considering she’d become lost, time was being eaten and the slaves in her master’s kitchens would likely scold her for her tardiness.

“When do we… met again, Helios?” she said quickly, sounding like quite the eager beaver.

@Atrice