Changeful British Skies

Sharpie

Longinus drew to a stop at the question, and arched a brow at his slave before turning round to face him. He folded his arms across his chest but couldn't help the slightly sly smirk on his mouth. "If I were a lesser man I would be offended that I've received no such proposition." 

The thought had entered his head periodically that he should take his young body slave to bed, but for one reason or another he'd never acted on it. It was  his right, he knew that, but he didn't particularly wish to make the relationship between master and slave...awkward should Attis not be particularly keen on men. That, however, seemed not to be an issue for the man in front of him. 

He narrowed his eyes and sighed, shrugging lightly. "I suppose it's fine. But no barbarians, not that I wouldn't like to see you attempt to coerce a great hulking savage into bed...or...floor." He corrected himself, given Attis slept at his feet. "And no soldiers, certainly no officers." He didn't particularly want his men to chatter about Longinus' slave bedding his peers. He ran dark blue eyes over Attis and barely suppressed the smile on his lips, "You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Certainly a great deal more entertaining and charismatic than his previous body slave. 

TAG: @Sharpie

• Like 1

"You wouldn't have thought it was genuine if I  had suggested it, domine," Attis pointed out. "You'd have spent the whole time wondering what I was trying to get out of you." He shrugged. "No barbarians, no soldiers and definitely no officers."

He could work with that - there were plenty of other slaves in the camp, after all, and some of them weren't bad looking.

He couldn't help noticing the way his master was eyeing him up now the subject had been raised. How in Jupiter's name had he ended up with an honourable master who wouldn't dream of bedding his slave just in case said slave didn't like it? Nobody else would have thought twice about it, if they'd wanted to take their slave to their bed. He made the mental adjustment from topping; social expectation aside, there was no way that his master would be in any other position than topping, if Attis had read his expression right.

"You wouldn't have me any other way, domine," he said, utterly aware of the double entendre in what he'd just said. Would his master want what he'd offered, or not?

@Sara

• Like 1

"No, I suppose that's true." He offered with a smirk. He was used to flattery from his slaves, particularly those he brought back as spoils from Britannia. Some he indulged, particularly before his marriage, but Attis had never insinuated any attraction. He found the man's irreverence refreshing, even if he was sure if his senatorial friends could hear their conversations they would be appalled at what he let the man get away with. 

He laughed loudly the time, however, at the double entendre and grinned boyishly. He felt the familiar fizz of attraction in the pit of his stomach, and did nothing to suppress it. But he knew he should. Even as one of the most senior officers of the camp, falling into his cot with his slave whilst the sun was still in the sky and before a manoeuvre such as tonights was bad form. And Longinus was nothing if not a disciplined, military man. For the most part. 

He couldn't, however, deny the tug of attraction pulling at him and he ran a hand through his hair with a sly grin. "Maybe I'd have you differently." He said with a shrug and a chuckle, jerking his head for the man to follow as they continued their walk (although he had changed tracks and was making his way back to his tent - although it was still several minutes walk away). He couldn't help but indulge his slave though, especially now he felt the familiar thrum of temptation in him, and glanced back; "Would you have me differently, Attis?"

• Like 1

Attis was convinced that he'd somehow fallen sideways into some sort of different world; there was no way his master was serious (though he seemed to be; it looked as though they were heading back to Longinus' tent). How Attis had got away with his irreverence was anyone's guess - had his master been anyone else, Attis wouldn't have dreamed of saying half of what he'd said to his master over the last few months.

It looked as though his master was serious, though. He was good-looking and had he not been Attis' master (and a soldier and an officer and everything else Attis was now forbidden from looking at) he would have definitely propositioned the man. This was going to be interesting!

He couldn't help blinking at the next question directed his way. "I'd have you however you'd like, domine," he said.

Oh, now he can rein it in? He waited until his master had turned away again before rolling his eyes at himself.

He honestly wouldn't mind which way this equation turned out, in fact, he thought. Though he'd rather start off with his master taking the lead - who was he kidding? His master was going to take the lead anyway, being who and what he was.

@Sara

• Like 1

He chuckled genuinely and his brows rose before he shrugged and turned back around, striding off in the vague direction of his tent although in no great hurry.

This was a  new, but not unexpected side to Attis. He'd not picked the man for his looks (although he was attractive to Longinus), unlike many men who seemed to see their body slaves as personal prostitutes. Nor had he really chosen him with any intention of taking him to bed. But Attis' sense of humour was magnetic to him as it was, and now the thought of more was in his mind, he couldn't shake it off. 

He was silent as he walked through the endless lines of tents and men milling about. A centurion a little way to his left made a move to attempt to speak to him but he waved his hand dismissively. To an outside observer it might have looked like he was desperate to reach his destination and was shirking his duties, but the man he'd waved off was a persistent talker, desperate to make a mountain out of a molehill and the legate had absolutely no time for men who panicked easily. Or were sycophants. Probably why he enjoyed Attis' company. 

The tent finally loomed into view and he slowed his pace before stopping ahead of the entrance. With a boyish grin he turned to glance at Attis over his shoulder. "You can stay outside. I don't need you." And without another word ducked into the tent, leaving his slave standing in the drizzle and cold of the dusk. He grinned to himself, satisfied at himself as he deftly began to unlace the fastenings of his breastplate. His first journey to Britannia as a tribune (for those few short months before his promotion) he'd not taken a personal slave and knew how to do it himself. 

When it was half off, and Attis had been left outside for around five minutes, he finally moved back over to the entrance and ducked his head out with a mischievous grin and an arched brow, "Care to join me, Attis?"

• Like 1

Attis followed his master to his tent, with Longinus brushing off a centurion at one point in a way that Attis was thankful for (the man was dreadfully longwinded and once he got going it was almost impossible to stop him).

Attis was left gaping at the tent as his master ducked inside with a cheerful, "You can stay outside. I don't need you."

Wait, what?

He pulled his cloak tighter around himself, trying to work out what sort of joke his master was playing - he'd thought they were gearing up for a fun time and he'd been left in the cold.

Literally.

It wasn't long, really, before his master's head reappeared around the tent flap. "Care to join me, Attis?"

Attis ducked into the tent to find that his master had started to get his breastplate off, and either found that he couldn't manage it himself, or stopped halfway. Attis elected to ignore it (his master's mood had turned downright strange) and poured his master a cup of wine before affecting an innocent expression and enquiring, "Should I go and find the Prefect so you can finish the conversation you were having with him earlier, domine?"

@Sara

Edited by Sharpie
Punctuation!
  • Like 1

Longinus' lips twitched in a playful smile and he cast a discerning eye over his slave. His innocent expression was a ruse, his slave wasn't that simple. Whilst Attis had only been his body slave for a few short months, he'd come to know the man's temperament well enough to know that he often affected an expression that masked his true intentions. He rarely took notice of his domestic slaves, but being in close proximity to the man in front of him now for months meant that he'd come to know more about his personality and quirks, and knew when he was being played. 

But then again, two could play at that game. 

He shook his head at the wine and jerked his thumb to indicate he could set it down on the side. "No, no I have something more important to do." He couldn't keep the innuendo out of his voice but didn't want to rush this. Nor did he want to stop the playfulness. Longinus really was a giant, bounding, overexcited puppy. Instead of giving into the fizz of attraction tugging at his nethers, he instead set about kneeling on the floor and began to ruthlessly pull out all of his packed belongings, neatly stowed and organised by Attis. 

"I need to find something." He said dismissively as he occasionally stood to find somewhere else to root around. By the time he reached the scrolls at his desk, he'd left a whirlwind of chaos in his wake with spare tunica's and his equipment, and papers, strewn all over the floor of the tent. He'd be offer to help clean it up, but was satisfied as he glanced out over his chaos. If Attis wanted to play, two could play at that game. With a devilish grin, he shrugged and began tugging off the remaining straps of the breastplate, "Gods above I can't find what I was looking for," His smirk stretched into a deep grin, "I'm going to have to find something else to entertain myself with. Any ideas?"

• Like 1

Find something? He was likely to lose something if he kept on like this!

"It'd be more than entertaining to watch you putting everything back just the way it was, domine," Attis informed him, staring around at the destruction with a despairing look. "I suppose it didn't occur to you to think I might know where whatever you're looking for actually is?"

He managed to bite his tongue before suggesting that if his master was that desperate for entertainment, Attis could throw a stick for him and asked instead, "What did you have in mind, domine?"

If his master was attempting to spoil the mood, he was going the right way about it! After all, no matter what happened, it would be Attis who'd end up clearing this mess up, either tonight or tomorrow. He pulled off his own cloak, folding it and putting it with the rest of his own meagre belongings - no matter what happened now, it was going to be in his way.

@Sara

• Haha 1

"It didn't occur to me, I thought my family bought you just to stand around and offer derisive comments here and there, not for anything useful."

He chuckled but watched as Attis dejectedly folded his own cloak and stowed in neatly. He felt a little pang of guilt. He'd meant this little game in good humour but Attis evidently didn't find it quite as funny as his dominus. With a little sigh, he finally tugged off his breastplate and with a (rare) display of organisation, stowed it on his desk. 

Moving to unclip and tug off his focale he eyed his slave and jerked his head, "Come here." It was an order but his voice was light and playful. Waiting until Attis was in touching distance he reached out to brush a few strands of hair behind the younger man's ear. He felt the familiar pull of attraction rear its head again. With a little smirk he added, "You'll have to tell me what men you've got your eye on. I don't want to get jealous." Because surely Attis wouldn't have enquired about it earlier if there wasn't somebody in mind. He kept his hand on the shorter man's shoulder as he pulled off the scarf and threw it onto the table.

• Haha 1

"I'm not just a pretty face, domine, though I can understand the mistake," Attis replied. He was surely going to be whipped for his impertinence one day, a small voice whispered in the back of his mind, but it was so easy to be flippant with a master like his, who seemed to actively encourage the worst retorts. He bent to retrieve a tunic, only to be interrupted. He dropped the garment and crossed the tent to stand before his master, the spark of irritation that he had felt dying away under the heat of Longinus' gaze.

"Well, as I have been positively forbidden from making eyes at officers, or even soldiers, that only leaves the other slaves, domine. I suppose I could try my luck with a captured barbarian before they all get sold off? Seeing as you've also forbidden me to look at the wild ones." He risked looking up at his master's face. "Or I could find you a mirror, if I knew where to look now," he added, daringly.

Had his master just implied he'd get jealous of anyone Attis wanted to sleep with? How odd! Flattering, of course, but odd nonetheless.

@Sara

• Like 1

He kept his gaze even and steady on Attis but he felt the hum of excitement in his blood. It had been a while. He couldn't help but crack a grin though, "Yes I'm so cruel to you, aren't I?" Plenty of men he knew - men who he called his friends - would happily forbid their slaves from even glancing in the direction of another. But at the comment about the mirror, his grin cracked into a chuckle and his fingers moved to lightly stroke the skin behind Attis' ear. 

"Flattery is interesting on you," He murmured as his smile settled into a smirk, "Interesting but odd." 

But the anticipation was getting a little too much for him and without any further hesitation or talk he ducked down to pull Attis into a heated kiss. The hand that was resting on the younger mans shoulder quickly moved to the back of his head, becoming entwined in the dark hair and pulling his slave in. But almost as soon as he deepened the kiss and a hand dropped down to the other mans chest, a shout sounded out from behind the flaps of the tent; "Legatus? May I speak with you?"

Oh that pissing Prefect was going to get it. Longinus broke the kiss with a choked breath. 

Feel free to npc the Prefect...

• Like 1

Any comment Attis would have made in reply to that was silenced as his master bent to kiss him. Somewhere in the back of his mind he was wondering if his master was a mind-reader as his words had so neatly mirrored Attis' own thoughts (he sincerely hoped not!). His master tasted of nice wine and fresh bread and something that was indefinably himself. Attis was just getting used to the whole thing (he had not expected to be kissed, after all!) when they were interrupted, his master breaking off before they'd really got going, leaving Attis gasping and swearing at the interruption, and wishing the Prefect to the wilds of Germania, or Dacia or somewhere with absolutely hordes of barbarians that wasn't right here in Britannia.

"I wanted to confirm the arrangements for receiving the barbarian prisoners tonight," the Prefect continued, oblivious.

It was Attis' turn to choke now, and he studiously avoided catching his master's eye; surely the Prefect could manage to figure that out for himself without having to get someone senior to sign off on it?

@Sara

• Like 1

Longinus huffed in irritation and ran a hand through his hair. Swiftly, and without even a second's hesitation to consider his decorum, he strode to the entrance of the tent and swiped open the flap to see the man stood there, blinking in shock and surprise that his legate was glaring him down rather than the mild-mannered slave he'd come to expect. "Are you asking me to find a place to store ten men for the night?" He asked in a clipped voice, "You think that's an appropriate question to ask your legate?" He glowered down at the man who swallowed. 

"I...just wanted to check sir, that you were happy with wh-" Longinus held up a hand and the man quickly silenced himself. It was not that he thought himself above menial tasks, there was always administration to do, but this particular issue was so far below his pay grade it was laughable. "I will be happy if you find a Tribune and ask him." The tone of his voice seemed to do the trick and the man nodded with a hurried; "Sorry Sir..." before scurrying off. 

With a deep sigh he ran his hand across his jaw and shook his head in disbelief. When he finally ducked back into the tent the moment was a little lost but not entirely. He was irritated and needed a distraction. With a tight smile he jerked his head for Attis to join him and arched a brow, content to let his slave take the lead...if only for a little while. "Where were we?"

• Like 1

Attis had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing at the situation. He could not let either man know of his amusement - his master would be unhappy with him now and the Prefect unhappy that his humiliation had been overheard by a slave. And the Prefect might take his discomfiture out on that slave at some hitherto unknown time in the future.

He stepped across to his master as bidden.

"We were here, doing this, domine," he said, looking up his master's face to ensure that his lead was welcomed and he wasn't overstepping himself as his pressed his mouth to his master's. Hopefully this time they wouldn't be interrupted!

@Sara

• Like 1

---

When they were finished Longinus slumped back in the bed untangling his limbs from Attis' underneath him. He ran his hand through his hair, mussed from their act and couldn't keep the grin from his face. When finally he was in a position to talk he chuckled and ran a comforting hand through Attis' own hair, "As I said," He caught his breath, "You're full of surprises."

He was well satisfied, and hoped Attis had been too. Whilst he approved of slavery and the use of slaves to slake certain...needs, he wasn't so cruel as to prevent (and even aid) Attis in his own pleasure. As long as he didn't expect it every time. 

Turning his face away and glancing around the tent, he smirked; "Looks like there's more to clear up." He winced and glanced at his own discarded clothes atop of the mess he'd already created. He missed the double entendre in his own words, given what they'd just been up to and Attis' own state. 

• Like 1

"All of them pleasant, I hope, domine," Attis replied, reaching for his tunic. His master had surprises of his own that Attis hadn't expected - he had no idea why Longinus hadn't taken him to bed earlier, as he was perfectly within his rights to do. And they'd had mutual satisfaction though Attis didn't fool himself into thinking it was going to be that way every time, supposing this ever happened again (he rather hoped that it would but would not admit that to anyone unless under torture!).

"Aren't soldiers supposed to keep their own things tidy?" he asked, pulling his tunic on. "I don't suppose you're willing to make a start tidying this up while I go in search of some hot water, domine?"

If he got whipped for his impertinence, well, his father had always told him that his tongue would get him into trouble. He could take a whipping. And the tent was a disaster. Attis would probably end up taking most of the night to tidy it all up, by lamplight, while his master was away capturing big barbarian warriors.

@Sara

• Like 1

Longinus only barked a short, but genuine laugh and feigned a grumble. He felt exhausted - pleasure and the exertion of the last few days catching up with him - but his humour was still there. Instead of a reprimand, Attis only got an arched eyebrow and a sardonic little smile. "I'll consider it, for next time." Because there would definitely be a next time, at some point on the horizon. 

Swinging his legs over the edge of his cot he reached to grab his own crumpled under tunic and pulled it over his head. "Hot water and something to eat?" He was under no illusion that this realtionship - whilst deepen now - was still between a master and a slave, and presumed Attis had no such notion that their newfound intimacy would mean he was free to shirk his duties. Regardless as to whether Longinus found his sarcastic, biting comments amusing. 

Yawning he collapsed back into the cot with a thump, his legs still swinging off the side, and stared aimlessly up at the canvas of the tent, moving in the wind. "But the tidying can wait until the morning," He grinned to himself a little, "You've worked...hard, tonight, and I need some sleep before the Britons force me to get up again in the middle of the bloody night." the raid was planned at the moment where it was considered to be of most surprise, and that, in response meant he'd be up in the middle of the night speaking to their leaders. He could do with a few snatched moments of sleep before then. 

• Like 1

"I don't know if there will be anything to eat, domine, but I shall try," Attis said, wishing that his master hadn't mentioned food because it had made him realise how hungry he was himself.

The tidying could not wait until morning unless either Attis or his master wanted a repeat of Attis' downfall in front of the Prefect earlier, but he was not about to say that to his master - he let his mouth run away with him enough as it was without outright contradicting what his master said. Slaves were not supposed to suggest that they knew better than their owners, after all. Attis was not expected to go on this raid, that he knew of (not being anything like a trained soldier!) and could therefore make a start on tidying while his master was off and out of his hair.

He bent to lift his master's legs onto the cot; he'd be more comfortable that way - though he was more than capable of doing that for himself. He half-expected his master to be asleep when he got back with the things he was going for; soldiers had the amazing habit (as many slaves did) of being able to fall asleep almost instantly, and wake up just as quickly, no matter what was going on - if it didn't concern them and they weren't needed, they could get some sleep.

@Sara

• Like 1

Longinus only muttered and waved a hand. Where there was a will there was a way, and Attis - for all his bluff and bravado - was a dedicated slave. "I'm not expecting a three course meal," He scoffed with a grin, "Although I wouldn't turn it down."

As he lifted his legs, Longinus playfully kicked the younger mans shoulder with his foot but accepted the help.

Gods he felt like he could sleep for a thousand years, but if he was lucky he'd manage a couple of hours of snatched sleep. He yawned and reclined back, placing an arm crooked behind his head and shut his eyes. He drifted off quickly, to the sounds of Attis rummaging around for something or another. 

Feel free to leave it  there, or continue it - up to you! 

• Like 1

"A good thing, too, domine - I don't think I could find a full cena out here. I certainly couldn't cook one. My one failing." He bent for his sandals and cloak - he didn't care what season this was, it was too damn cold outside in the evenings.

He left his master snoring lightly on his bed and slipped out into the dark to track down something to eat, and some hot water (not least for himself; sex with his master had left him sticky and itchy, with more than just traces of bodily fluids drying on his skin).

It wasn't long before he returned to the tent, setting down a bowl of puls on his master's desk before ducking back to retrieve the basin of warm water from the camp slave he'd borrowed.

"Domine! Dinner's served," he said, slipping his cloak off and bending over his snoozing owner, careful not to touch him and startle him - just in case. He had no wish to find just how finely-tuned his master's soldierly instincts were!

@Sara

• Like 1

Longinus' dreams were an odd mix of things; images of his wife, glowering over his bed as and Attis lay entwined, a dream where he lost all his teeth, a dream where a great wave swept throughout the entire camp as he sat on his favourite little hill and watched. When he was called back to reality by his body slave's sing-song voice, he blinked and grumbled, relieved not to be at the mercy of his own subconscious but irritated at having to be woken up. "How long have you been out?" aka, how long have I been asleep? He muttered in a grouchy voice. 

He closed one eye, and with the one that was open, tilted his face to study the singular bowl with a frown. "Get nothing for yourself? Want the camp to think I'm starving you?" He snorted in amusement and pulled himself up agilely, swinging his legs over the edge of his cot with a groan.

He ran a hand through his sleep mussed hair and with a yawn, moved to stand, wandering the few steps to his desk before collapsing into his chair with all the grace of  newborn lamb. He waved a hand at Attis; "Have some of this before you faint, like a virgin seeing a cock for the first time." He spied the basin of hot water but would let Attis clean himself up first, he probably required it more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Not long - less than an hour," Attis said, stepping back to allow his master to sit up. "I got one for myself. Though I could have let them think you were making go without supper after embarrassing you earlier, domine." He indicated a rough wooden bowl perched on a stool, though he couldn't help the slightly startled expression that crossed his face as he registered the fact that his master would have allowed him to help himself from his master's food before Longinus had even tasted it. That was something no other free Roman would do, Attis was certain.

"I can understand a virgin fainting at the sight of your cock," he said. "Has it happened very often?"

He waited until his master was seated before settling on the ground, having cleared away some of the wreckage of earlier, and pulling out a spoon to eat his own supper. It was frankly amazing how hungry he got after sex - well, after good sex, anyway.

@Sara

• Like 1

"I think you embarrassed yourself more than me," He chuckled and took a sip of the wine Attis had placed on the desk earlier, his throat feeling dry and hoarse. He stirred the food with with the spoon, apathetically, but took a few mouthfuls. He spluttered, however, and forced himself to swallow his food at Attis' remark, a grin stretching on his face but with something akin to embarrassment. 

"Oh thousands of times," He snorted, "But not Antonia -" He rolled his eyes, feeling much more comfortable with his newly promoted slave than he had done moments before, "She'd said she'd not been with a man before me but," He sighed and shook his head, depositing the spoon back into his bowl with a clatter as he took a break. "She told me a few weeks later it had been a lie, as if I hadn't bloody guessed." Nobody could be that adept in bed on their first time and the realisation had somewhat soured his wedding night, if truth be told. He would have been well within his rights to divorce her, given she'd not waited the requisite nine months to ensure there had been no child from the liaison. But he was a sucker for tears and had decided to try and put his head down and ignore it, as much as he could, although it remained a definite tension in their marriage. 

He flicked his eyes back to Attis with a serious gaze, "Of course that does not go further than this tent." As if he had to say it, but it never hurt to reinforce the message.

• Like 1

"I wouldn't dream of telling anyone, domine," Attis said, surreptitiously studying his master. 

Longinus was a good man, he thought, if he had not divorced his wife after learning that - absolutely nobody would have thought any worse of him for doing so. Divorce was so common, after all, especially among the senatorial class.

He ducked his head, suddenly startled to find that he wanted his master to think well of him, to be pleased with him. There was no way he could say as much, though. Neither Attis' character nor his position in life would allow it.

"I hope you didn't think I would faint at the sight of your cock, domine?" A joke was always a good way to stop feelings from getting too deep.

@Sara

• Like 1

Longinus only nodded in satisfaction that the secret would stay between them. It was something that made him feel vulnerable, and therefore a secret he kept under lock and key - only Antonia and himself knowing the full details. Should his mother ever find out he was pretty sure she'd never cease nagging him to divorce her now, which wasn't to say the thought never crossed his mind. Especially given they'd been married for years and only had little baby Cassia - sweet but a girl - to show for it. 

Relieved that Attis had the sense to turn the conversation to happier topics he only smirked and arched a sardonic brow. 

Shaking his head with a chuckle, he resumed eating as he spoke; "Oh no, I knew you wouldn't. Beautus might not have had your charm as a body slave but he kept me very well informed of the goings on in my domus." He smirked to himself and placed down his spoon again, watching Attis' reaction. "I was under no illusion that you were a virgin - given you yourself asked about lovers here," He waved a hand around them, "But VitusReally?He let out a loud laugh. 

• Like 1