Science and beauty

Chevi

Breeches wouldn’t be a bad idea for her, he thought. His father often wore a pair of breeches underneath his tunica, especially in the mornings, so he could walk around the house with nothing on his upper body. Lexus didn’t know whether it was to show off or just because it felt nice. He never walked around like that. Maybe it was a gladiator thing? But he nodded at Septima’s question with the soldiers, “Yes, like soldiers I guess.” He replied and then suggested they went to change back. He was getting a little bit nervous.

And then he mentioned a next time without considering that she might not want to see him again. It didn’t occur to him. It was nice spending time with her, after all. They began walking back towards the pavilion and she suggested that next time they were both dressed as men.

Lexus nodded, “That’s a good idea. And maybe you can find something that fits you better? Or… I can see if I can find something.” He could even maybe sew something for her; his mother had been a seamstress and he knew how to use a needle. It could be fun, actually, to figure out boy’s clothes for her to wear. In his head he already pictured how it could look like, something that would fit her and at the same time hide her feminine body shape… “I could also try and make something for you? If you’d like that?” He suggested to her then, wondering what she would say to that idea.

@Chevi

• Like 1

“Yes, like soldiers I guess.” 

Septima filed that idea away for later. She did feel a bit exposed in the short tunica even when standing up, her legs bared to the breeze. Maybe it would be more comfortable if she was wearing breeches.

“That’s a good idea. And maybe you can find something that fits you better? Or… I can see if I can find something. I could also try and make something for you? If you’d like that?” 

They made their way back to the pavillion on another path, and Septima breathed in relief as they arrived. There was no one in sight, and in the cover of the pavillion they had a chance to switch their clothes back, away from prying eyes. 

"Make something?" she arched an eyebrow as she moved to one side and started undoing the belt "You can sew?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

It did seem like there might be a next time for this, together with Septima. She was very nice and interesting to spend time with, so he really wouldn’t mind seeing her again. Maybe they’d be friends. His father would probably assume more, but Lexus didn’t know. It all depended on Septima and so far he just thought she was nice. He didn’t think he was in love. Not that such a thing ever stopped his father, it seemed. His parents hadn’t loved each other, he knew that. They were just two slaves, spending time together… which resulted in Lexus.

He suggested that for next time, Septima could find something to fit her better and then he came up with the idea that he could sew something for her. Meanwhile they had arrived at the pavilion and she looked at him at his suggestion, seeming a bit surprised.

“I can, yes, a little… my mother was a seamstress after she was freed.” He explained and realized what he just shared with her… thinking about his mother brought him to the gardens today, but she had no idea and didn’t really know him. But maybe he should wait with the long stories for next time, so he decided to pretend like it was all normal, what he just said, “I learned a bit of this and that from her, I helped her sometimes.” Lexus then explained while he began to remove the palla for Septima to wear again.

@Chevi

• Like 1

“I can, yes, a little… my mother was a seamstress after she was freed.” 

There was a pause, and it took Septima a moment to realize why. He clever mother had been a seamstress, and Lexus had learned from her. It was neat, and nothing to be surprised about. But she had also been a freedwoman. If Septima had any doubts so far about the difference between their social standing, this was a clear sign that she outranked Lexus by a lot.

“I learned a bit of this and that from her, I helped her sometimes.”

"That's interesting" she noted, before turning her back to take the tunica off. They would have to do the same swap they did, but the other way around. Once again, she was half naked in a boy's presence, but she trusted Lexus not to look.

@Atrice

• Like 1

So now she knew. Well if she wanted to see him again, there was no point in Lexus not telling her the truth about his parents and who they were once. His mother a former body slave and his father a former gladiator. Both were freed and now he only had his father, whom he met less than a year ago. Life was strange sometimes. Lexus explained to Septima that he’d learned stuff from his mother and she just said it was interesting and then turned her back to him. Interesting? That’s all she would say to such a revelation?

It took Lexus a moment to realize why she turned her back and then he hurried to do the same, removing the palla and the dress and trying to not mess it up or ruin it while he did so.

As before, he tried to place it behind him to give it to her without looking, but he also didn’t close his eyes. This was such a strange situation. Life was very strange sometimes!

Finally he pulled his own tunica over the head and tied the belt around the waist, “Are you ready? Can I… turn around?”

@Chevi

• Like 1

“Are you ready? Can I… turn around?”

"You can" Septima smoothed her dress and palla down, and tried to arrange her hair back into a respectable bun. She was a little flustered from the excitement of the experiment, and gave Lexus a smile before she gathered her things. "I... should go home now. I will come to the gardens again..." how could she tell when? She didn't know. She blushed. "I hope I'll see you again."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Lexus turned around, feeling more comfortable in his own clothes than in the dress. At least it had been interesting, but it also wasn't something he thought he'd do again. At least not if he didn't have to. Septima however... she had seemed very comfortable wearing his shorter tunica. She seemed to like it. He looked at her, while she tried to adjust her clothes and hair and almost wanted to ask if he should help, but then thought he might just make it worse, so he didn't. Septima said she had to go and she'd come back to the gardens and hope to see him again.

"Alright." Lexus said, "I'll probably come back too. I..." He trailed off, it all sounded so stupid in his heads, the words he wanted to say... it didn't sound right. His father would know what to say to her. He wouldn't hesitate at all. But Lexus was not his father... "I hope I'll see you too. It could be fun." Fun? It could be fun to see her again? Gods he was stupid, wasn't he? It didn't just sound stupid in his head. 

"I better go home too... see you, Septima." He said with a little smile. He better go before he made a complete fool out of himself. He had no experience with these things. That girl that kissed him at Saturnalia, it wasn't the same at all. She was nice but also way too forwards and he had not really liked her. This was better. Septima was nicer.

@Chevi

• Like 1