Meilekh

Hi. I'm Meilekh and I'm terribly new.

Hi All.  My name is Meilekh.  I'm hoping to take a want ad for a slave.  I've been roleplaying for about five years.  I like drama with my characters and find some emotion in them.  I love theatre and have seen a ton of shows.  I used to live in New York City and went to the theatre a lot, especially as a kid.  Les Misérables is my favorite musical of all.  Seen it in different productions too, not only on Broadway.  Strange that I saw in Montreal and that's the production they decided to change it to.  I really miss the turntable.  It made the show more dramatic.  I also love Sweeney Todd, Assassins, Pippin, Man of La Mancha, and I haven't seen them but I really like the music to Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, and Hadestown.  

I love TV also.  Law and Order, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Chopped, Doctor Who, and earlier shows like The Prisoner, Fawlty Towers, Yes, Minister, and Good Neighbors.  And I love Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.  Used to watch it with my grandmother a long time ago.  

• Like 2

Hi there! Welcome to AeRo! 🙋

I like Les Mis too, I've seen it twice (the West End production, though, being a Brit).

If you like older Brit comedy, check out 'Allo 'Allo and Dad's Army.

Looking forward to RPing with you!

• Like 1

Hey there and welcome! A Yes,Minister fan is always welcome so far as I’m concerned!

• Like 1

Hi Meilekh, and welcome to AeRo! Hope you'll enjoy your time here with us 😄

I'm not much of a theatre person, mostly due to lack of opportunity, but Sweeney Todd is where it's at. Don't know if you're into all genres of Brit-com, but some of my personal favourites are Little Britain and The Inbetweeners. Used to watch 'Allo 'Allo with my parents but somehow never found it quite as funny as they did. 

Looking forward to writing with you!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard once more Meilekh, I look forwards to writing with you - I'm sure it's going to be interesting 😄

Sweeney Todd is one of my favorite stories/musicals too, in case you didn't notice yet where the inspiration for Marcus Barbatius came from 😛

• Like 1

BENJAMIN BARKER!!!  

thanks everybody!

Forgot Rent, The Book Of Mormon, Spring Awakening, The Lion King.  As far as regular plays are concerned:  Equus, Run For Your Wife, Patrick Stewart's A Christmas Carol, The Chairs, The Kentucky Cycle, and A Walk In the Woods (not to be confused with Into The Woods, the musical).  I've seen Les Misérables on the West End two times.  And had to go to London for a three day weekend from the U.S. to see the 25th Anniversary concert of Les Misérables on October 3, 2010.  Made the mistake of seeing both concerts.  Totally ruined it for me.  I tried to give Nick Jonas the chance to impress me.  He didn't.  I saw his lips move as Cosette was singing her part of their duets and I just couldn't believe it.  Just so amateurish.  He was what?  Seventeen, eighteen, or nineteen?  Way too young for Marius.  Which is so obvious when Michael Ball comes out and sings it.  Oh my God!  What were they thinking? 

the only good thing about the movie of Les Miserabels was returning bits from the novel into the show.  Otherwise, don't see it.  Especially if you've seen the show.  

Plays I've only read and not seen that I really like are: The Physicists, Out At Sea, Charlie, Serenade, Striptease, The Crazy Locomotive, The Woman In Black.

Edited by Meilekh
  • Like 1

Hey Meilekh! 👋🏼 

Welcome! Really looking forward to plotting with you 🙂

I have to confess I’m not hugely into musicals (although plays definitely!) but my partner works in the West End on a few shows so I get to hear all about them so have a bit of learned knowledge 😂

• Like 1

I totally agree with you about the film version of Les Mis - which was a shame because it could have been so good with that cast!! Though I think Russell Crowe was miscast as Javert, which was a shame. (The only reason I got the DVD was to screencap it for my Regency era RPG!)

• Like 1

Sascha Baron whatever ruined my favorite song, Master of the House, with his French accent.  The only French accent in the damned movie.  UGH!  Sorry.  I did buy the movie but haven't seen it because of Crowe.  

Anyway, hoping to create a Senator also.  But I think Germanus might die soon.  We'll see.  He's trying to be patient with his master, really he is.  But he might start fighting back soon.  

Russell Crowe was not the worst thing about the film, I promise you. Having said that, though, I'll stick with my 10th anniversary concert DVD, which was awesome. 😄