Lauren

Letters to NPCs

Question

Hi there I’m hoping the answer to this isn’t obvious and will make me look stupid!

A recent post got me thinking about this. One of my characters (Sestia) has a father who is the Proconsul in Africa (as of 75CE). No one is playing him presently - I think he is still up on the wanted board. 

If my character was to write him a letter would it be possible for a mod or someone else to respond on the NPCs behalf or otherwise almost flip a coin to give a yes/no style response? Only some of the answers perhaps might affect my characters plots and I wouldn’t want to god-mod and provide my own answers to them! Is there a site policy for this? I am conscious that there is a fine line between taking things for granted with NPCs and then there is god-modding with them which is a no no.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for bringing this up! The topic is currently under discussion among staff, we'll be sure to update you and everybody else when we have reached a decision.

• Like 1

Hey Lauren,

Thank you for your patience. 

The staff will do this for you for personal plots however the answer will be on the shorter side. Members are able to help fill in the blanks when it comes to information about canons so long as it doesn't contradict what has been written. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂 

AeRo Staff Team. 

• Like 1

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.