Sign in to follow this  
leely

Leely's plotter

Januarius | Slave & Masseuse at the Thermae Mercuari | Application

Hey, thanks for stopping by!  I've only got the one character for now but I'd love all sorts of things for him.  As a quick summary, Januarius is a patrician's illegitimate son who was raised nearly like a true son until his father's death.  He bounced between a few households without finding a permanent home and has currently ended up at the baths, where he works as a masseuse.  I'd love all sorts of plots and character connections for him!

Some Ideas:

• Prior households: Januarius would have spent the last few years bouncing from household to household.  He never belonged to anyone memorably cruel, but I'm open to most other sorts of prior owners.  It'd be fun if he had a past connection or two here, perhaps a past friend or enemy (slave or freedman) who belonged to one of the same households.
  • Half-siblings: While Januarius's father never had any children with his wife, he likely had a small handful of children beyond Januarius with various slaves (and perhaps free women).  I'd be open to any sort of half-siblings or sibling relationship.  Maybe they were close, maybe they were simply fond of each other, maybe they were bitter enemies, maybe his sibling(s) had a mother with a higher station and refused to acknowledge their relation?  Anything would be fun here!
  • Customers/colleagues: Januarius works as a masseuse at the Thermae Mercuari.  Some co-workers would be fun, or past co-workers.  Customers would also be easily come by.  I reckon he could meet just about anyone!

Feel free to poke me here or on Discord if you'd like.  If none of the above possibilities appeal I'm sure we can think of some way to throw 'em together!

• Like 2

Hiya @leely!

I've got a bunch of people who could be customers, ranging from a senator to slaves... I'm inclined to send a fellow slave along, tbh, unless you'd prefer the senator, an auctioneer or the head of a racing faction.

Edited by Sharpie

@leely - Attis or Rufus, Rufus or Attis... It's probably time I got Rufus back out of his box, but if you'd prefer Attis, that's absolutely cool too! 😄