Errands to run

She couldn't believe it, Felix was offering to buy her a book. She had no idea how to react to this.

Honestly... I have not really found a vice yet to spend my money on... And books seem better than others. Go ahead, choose."

"Thank you" she said sounding almost in awe. "Do you have an preferences on genre or author?" she knew that the answer was probably no but she thought it was worth asking anyway. 

As she waited for his answer she began to browse the shelves, looking for anything that caught her eye. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Callista looked at him with wide eyes, as if he had said something completely miraculous. It made Felix chuckle. She was truly beautiful with that look on her face. Felix wondered if reading a book she chose would have the same effect on him. If reading had some kind of a secret to unfold. 

"Thank you. Do you have an preferences on genre or author?"

"I will trust your wisdom." Felix nodded her to go ahead and choose. He was curious what she would land on. "You will have to explain your choice, though, if you don't mind." He added with a smile.

@Laria

• Like 1

Callista considered her options while browsing the shelves, she immediately thought of poetry but she wasn't sure how Felix would feel about that. Satire would be a good choice, except it might be to risky. That left history, philosophy, and plays; history and philosophy, while very informative, could sometimes be considered dry. That left plays, she decided that they were the best choice, they were entertaining and unusually fairly easy to read. She scoured the shelves, occasionally picking something up only to set it back down. She eventually picked up a scroll and studied it carefully before asking "have you ever heard of 'The Frogs'?" she opened the scroll to study the writing before continuing, "I myself have yet to read it, it's a play by Aristophanes, a lesser known Greek playwrite. I believe that it tells the story of Dionysus venturing into the underworld to judge who is the best writer, Euripides or Aeschylus. I thought that it would be a good choice because plays are easy to read and this one is suppose to be a light hearted comedy." She hoped her reasoning was sound enough, she didn't mind looking for something else but it would still be nice to have selected something good on her first try. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Callista mulled over her choices. Felix gave her time. She picked up scrolls and out them down, considering several options. He was curious to see which one she'd go with; which book she'd like to have, and also like to share with him to introduce him to the joys of reading for entertainment. 

"have you ever heard of 'The Frogs'?"

Felix blinked. That was not something he'd expected.

"I myself have yet to read it, it's a play by Aristophanes, a lesser known Greek playwrite. I believe that it tells the story of Dionysus venturing into the underworld to judge who is the best writer, Euripides or Aeschylus. I thought that it would be a good choice because plays are easy to read and this one is suppose to be a light hearted comedy." 

Felix smiled. "Well... that's quite the premise." he admitted with a laugh. Plays were interesting, and light comedy sounded better than long scrolls on history or some other dense thing. Not that Felix was extremely familiar with the other two playwrights, but he had a general idea. "Am I going to have to read some plays from the others to get all the jokes?"

@Laria

• Like 1

"Well... that's quite the premise."

She laughed along with him, it was a rather strange plot, though most comedies were. 

"Am I going to have to read some plays from the others to get all the jokes?"

"Maybe a few, but I don't think that missing a few of the jokes would matter to much" she answered, "I'm sure it's written so that everyone can enjoy it, not just those who have studied the works of Euripides and Aeschylus." 

She was beginning to doubt her choice, maybe it would have been better to go with a more straightforward history, even if it would have been more dry. She began to try and think of other recommendations, ones that she had actually read before, in case he decided that it wasn't the best choice. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Felix liked Callista's choice, but doubted his own knowledge on Greek plays. He had never been formally educated in literature, and never got around to education himself. Callista, on the other hand, was excited about books, and knew a lot about them. Felix wondered if he'd miss the jokes in Aristophanes.

"Maybe a few, but I don't think that missing a few of the jokes would matter to much. I'm sure it's written so that everyone can enjoy it, not just those who have studied the works of Euripides and Aeschylus." 

"Sounds good enough" Felix nodded with a smile. If he didn't get any of the jokes, at least he'd have motivation to read the other plays. "Shall we pay and move on, or would you like to browse some more?... For domina." For a slave, it was extravagance to spend a lot of time just casually browsing scrolls, but Callista had an excuse, looking for books for her domina. And Felix was willing to be patient as long as she needed. 

@Laria

"Sounds good enough"

She smiled, glad that she had picked a good choice on the first try. 

"Shall we pay and move on, or would you like to browse some more?... For domina."

She thought for a moment before answering, she had already picked out a history she had heard good things about but she also didn't want to overlook something better because her and Felix had wasted time selecting something for themselves."I don't think I need to look anymore" what she had selected was educational, entertaining enough, and could never even remotely be considered scandalous. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Callista considered the question for a moment, then made a decision.

"I don't think I need to look anymore"

"Very well then." Felix smiled "Let's pay, and go find some wool."

She paid for domina's book, and he paid for the play. He was feeling cheerful about the whole thing. Shopping for wool was not exactly fascinating, but now he had some reading to look forward to. It was definitely going to be a learning experience.

@Laria

(Wrap?)