Sara

Horatia allowed herself to be pulled up and led away from the precarious cliffs without protest. Her mind was not so far gone that she didn't see the irony; being led like a lamb to the slaughter, but no spy of Aulus' would have gone this far to entrap her, she was sure of it. And this was what she wanted - it wasn't what was expected of her, and that made it all the more intoxicating and refreshing. She felt drunk on the passion as they finally stumbled - held together like pure young lovers - into the centre of the orchard. 

As he stopped and set down his cloak and lamp she moved to take him in her arms, one winding around his neck - although she had to stand on her toes to manage it - and the other pressed against his chest. She could feel his heart thrumming under her fingertips. "I want you." She whispered, barely audible over the sound of the wind shaking the petals on the blossoming trees.

She reached up as far as she could to capture his lips; all rationality banished from her mind as her body took over and sunk into his touch.

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

"I want you." 

That was it. Beyond hesitation, and questioning, and doubt. It was time to give in. Horatia stood on her tiptoes to hiss him, and Felix held her close, almost lifting her off her feet as they kissed. She was sure now, and so was he, and their world was reduced to the small patch of land between the apple trees. Felix lay Horatia down on the cloak gently. It was clear now what they were about to do, and since the gods did not bless them with the chance to love each other inside a comfortably furnished house, he wanted to make sure that at least out here she felt comfortable. He kissed her deeper, hands roaming, one palm finding its way back to her thigh, pushing under her dress. No one stopped them this time.

@Sara

• Like 1

Horatia's head swam as she lay next to Felix. Her breath was hot and caught in her throat, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she tried to gain her senses. She made no move to cover herself from Felix's handiwork which had undone the braided straps of her stola and revealed her chest. In the heat of the moment she hadn't bothered to undress fully, and neither had her lover who lay next to her now. 

She felt on fire; from the tip of her toes to the top of her head and it was intoxicating. She knew she had felt pleasure like that before, but it felt like a lifetime ago that when it came this time it took her completely by surprise and stolen every bit of breath left in her body. She smiled lazily at Felix as she moved to lie on her stomach, her hair now undone flowing over her bare shoulders. 

What could she say after that? No words seemed appropriate and so instead she just moved a hand to softly stroke his jaw.

• Like 1

Felix had gotten completely lost in the moment. Lost in the warmth and pleasure, lost in Horatia's arms as she held him close and made soft sounds that drove him out of the rest of his sanity. They both lost track of time, and by the time their pleasure burned itself out the moon was high above the orchard, making Horatia's pale skin glow. Felix tried to catch his breath as she rolled over to look down at him, flower petals stuck in her unruly hair, her dress pooling around her waist, her skin silver from the moonlight, and her eyes still dark with pleasure.

"Are you a goddess?" Felix muttered softly, admiring her. In that moment, he would have believed if she said yes.

@Sara

• Like 1

She flushed under his compliment, even given what they'd done his tenderness and his words still made her flush. "Only if you're one too." Because there in the moonlight with his features and his gentleness, he seemed more akin to one than a man. That was for sure.

She moved gently to lie closer to him, her skin freckled with goosebumps as she nestled into his side. She spoke absently, not really to him and nor just for herself. "I don't want to think about what happens next." She mumbled into the crook of his neck where she'd laid down her head. Because what good would that do? She'd followed her body and her heart, not her mind, into this act and no amount of thinking would undo it - not that she really wanted it to be undone. Aulus would likely return at some point, and some point in the not too distant future. Felix would return to his duties as a slave as soon as the sun came up, and where did that leave them? 

She moved to prop herself up on her arm, looking at him with faint sadness etching into her eyes. "I don't want this to be over before it's begun." Because she hadn't felt as secure, as loved, as adored as she had with Felix for so, so long. The thought of it all going away made her heart ache.

• Like 1

"Only if you're one too." 

"You made me feel like one" he chuckled as Horatia snuggled against his side. Maybe the gods had something to do with this, after all. Venus maybe, or Bacchus, one of the wild ones that preferred mortals to live freely and worship them through passion...

Felix reached for Horatia's cloak they had discarded earlier, pulling it over the both of them for some warmth.

"I don't want to think about what happens next... I don't want this to be over before it's begun."

Felix sighed, holding her close, resting his forehead against hers. Reality would find its way back to them slowly, and neither of them was ready for it yet. 

"Me neither. I don't know... I just want to hold you as long as I can." he murmured, kissing her on the forehead.

@Sara

• Like 1

Horatia curled into his side, content and at peace. She didn't recall a time where she had felt this...alive before. It was as if she had regressed and was relieving her youth the way it was supposed to have happened; contented and curled up to the side of a man after lovemaking, not alone and isolated for a decade. 

She felt the flutter of her heart against her chest at his kiss on her forehead. Such a sweet little act, but one that set her body on fire. She lay there for some time longer, simply relishing his warmth and the feel of her body close to his. When she did speak, her words were measured but warm; "Perhaps...the orchard can be our place." She said tentatively. 

"We can't...visit her often, I don't want the slaves to get suspicious." How funny that she was differentiating him from his own kind; to her, now he was so much more than just a slave and had been for a while; "But...it's secluded here." There was hope in her voice. To do what they'd just done, in the house, would be lunacy and suicide. Word would surely get back to Aulus immediately, but here, if they were discrete, their snatched little piece of happiness could last a while longer. "What...what do you think?" 

• Like 1

The night air was cool, but the two of them were comfortably warm in each other's arms. It was a bubble bound to burst, and burst soon, but Felix was determined to make the most of it for the next few minutes at least. His hand caressed Horatia's back as she struggled with the idea of tomorrow.

"Perhaps...the orchard can be our place. We can't...visit her often, I don't want the slaves to get suspicious. But...it's secluded here. What...what do you think?" 

Slaves were always suspicious. Regarded as invisible unless they were needed, they saw and heard a lot, and while most of them kept their head down, there was not much that could pass in a household they did not find out about, sooner or later. Felix knew this. He was one of them, even if he valued loyalty and silence more than some of the others.

"We would have to be very careful." he sighed, trying to find a voice of reason in the warmth of their bodies together "Taking walks like this often, that would get suspicious..."

@Sara

• Like 1

Horatia huddled into his side. "Mhmm." She mumbled against his chest, contemplatively. She knew it was madness, even just what they'd done was madness, and to continue it was certain suicide (either literally or for her reputation). But she was so bone tired of being rational. Every word she had ever spoken had been measured, and thought over. Every single action she ever undertook before tonight had been carefully considered. She was tired of it. Few men ever acted or thought with such restraint, and she couldn't cope with it any more. 

"How often is too suspicious?" She queried to him, glancing up from her perch on his chest. "Once a week? Once a fortnight?" He knew better than her what would rouse suspicion amongst the slaves, although it went unsaid, "And I could rotate who accompanies me out here so it's not always you, which could help." If she went out with her body slave and perhaps three or four other house slaves as well as Felix, in rotation, then surely that would tame the questions? 

"I don't want to let you go." She mumbled against him.

• Like 1

Even considering this was a whole new kind of dangerous. If anyone ever found out what they just did here tonight, Aulus would have every right to torture and kill Felix, and divorce his wife. Their lives would be over for good.

And yet, it felt like it was worth it, and more.

"How often is too suspicious? Once a week? Once a fortnight?... And I could rotate who accompanies me out here so it's not always you, which could help." 

"Not as often as I'd want" Felix sighed. If he was a free man, in another life, he would want this, every night. For the rest of his life. But in this life, that was the privilege of someone else. "Inviting others along, that's a good idea... Maybe once a fortnight?" His days suddenly felt endlessly longer.

"I don't want to let you go." 

"As long as I'm able, I'll be here with you." Felix pulled her closer "I want to see you happy."

The rest was up to the gods.

@Sara

• Like 1