Atrice

Caecina noticed him studying her face and she grinned at him, showing dimples. Her hair had been jostled out of place by the pace of the ride and she smoothed it back until there was no hair out of place. Marcus said he would show her the stream and she laughed. "I'm excited to see it." Perhaps not everything about spending time in the country was bad; she got to spend some time with her horses and with her friend. The pair ventured off into the forest, on a small path. Then, Marcus turned off the path and she followed suit, careful to steer her horse. 

Marcus commented that they should have brought a picnic. Why hadn't she thought of that beforehand! "You're right, I should have thought of that! We'll have to go for a picnic here another day. Maybe we can skip our lessons one day and come here instead. It's beautiful." Caecina wasn't often charmed by the beauties of nature but this spot was lovely, even more so because she got to enjoy it with Marcus. Then he offered to help her down from her horse and she smiled. "That would be appreciated, thank you."

@Atrice

• Like 1

One thing was to be at the villa or at any home with Caecina. Even though they were talking just the two of them, there were slaves and their family was nearby. It was something else to ride off into the forest and get off the beaten path and just be alone. It didn't happen so often that they were completely unchaperoned and he kind of enjoyed it. He was the only male to protect her right now and although he doubted anything would happen to her here, it was still nice. She had followed him off the path and soon they came to the most picturesque little stream. He missed food and drink, it would have been nice to just settle down here for a bit. Caecina suggested they did it some other time and Marcus nodded, "We should do that. Definitely." He agreed with her and then offered to help her off her horse.

He held a hand for her, ready to catch her when she came sliding down. When he caught her, he felt his heart beat a little faster, she was so close to him! Now Marcus already wasn't a virgin at all, but one thing was a slavegirl or a prostitute and Caecina was far from that. She was a beautiful, young and noble lady. He quickly let go of her though, they might be unchaperoned but it really wasn't proper. And she was basically his sister! 

Marcus turned away and walked down to the stream, "So... we're here." He said, unsure of what to do now he had shown it to her. He felt a little awkward suddenly, but didn't want her to know... "What do you want to do?" 

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina delicately slipped off of her horse's back into Marcus's hands and she blushed a little, hoping he would chalk the color in her cheeks to the exertion from before. She smoothed out her chiton as he let go of her and cleared her throat as he asked what she wanted to do. Well, what was there to do in the woods? "I'm not sure," she giggled. "What do you usually do when you come here?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

Maybe he was still too hungover to do this thing, he was having way too strange thoughts about the pretty young lady that was more or less like a sister to him. But he would be stupid, if he didn't see her beauty or how nice it was to spend time with her. They were alone out here in the forest now, unchaperoned and the guards were nearby, he was sure... but it felt like they were alone. Somewhere behind him, Caecina cleared her throat and giggled, she didn't know what to do either. Marcus wished they'd brought something to sit on and glanced at her. She was wearing more than he...

"Do you think we could use your palla as a blanket to sit on? If you won't mind." Marcus asked her, while thinking about what to do. Then he had a great idea, that he thought would be fun to carry out with her, "How about... a little game?" He asked with a playful grin then, "Truth or dare?" 

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina looked down at the palla she wore. It wasn't an ugly piece, but she had worn it riding for a reason: it was old and worn and not fit to be worn outside of the home or on horseback. She also wasn't concerned with chastity, plus it was warm out and she didn't need the extra layer anyway. She pulled the huge swath of cloth off of her and spread it out like a blanket, sitting on it. "That's much more comfortable."

Marcus got a mischievous look in his eye and suggested a game: truth or dare. "Truth or dare?" she laughed. "Oh, well, I suppose we don't have anything better to do. Truth."

@Atrice

• Like 1

The palla could be a large piece of clothing and she seemed to consider his idea for a few moments, before she removed it and he helped her spread it out like a blanket on the soft forest floor. She sat down on it and called it comfortable and Marcus smiled and joined her. They usually did not sit next to each other like this, usually they had each their own chair or couch at the home. Not a palla to sit on next to each other.

“That’s good, that’s what I was aiming for.” He said to her and wondered what to do, then settled on the idea of a game of truth or dare. Of course she chose truth; she knew him but did she know what he’d use as a dare for her? He didn’t even know that himself yet. But she chose truth.

“Hmm… have you ever been alone with other men than me?” Marcus then asked, because he thought that was a good and interesting question. You would use these games to get to know someone and he and Caecina knew each other well, but they weren’t together constantly. The answer would be interesting, no matter what she said. He just hoped she'd actually be truthful about it.

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina intended to ask for a dare next, but she always started these games with truth. He asked her if she had ever been alone with another man. Of course, she was still a virgin... in the strictest form of the word. But that didn't mean she hadn't stolen a kiss here and there. What would her husband think if she was completely inexperienced? Plus, being a member of the senatorial class allowed some fun activities. "Yes, I have. Here and there," she said with a secretive smile. She smoothed out her skirt. 

"Nobody quite as interesting as you, though, Marcus. Alright, what about you? Truth or dare?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

Well that was interesting... they had been to that party together yesterday, but they didn't walk around together and while Marcus spent some good time with some of the other young and noble ladies, Caecina was also popular, or so it seemed like to him. But he didn't see her sneak off anywhere and he didn't know if she saw him doing that. She'd been alone with men though... he better not tell Juliana such a thing. He watched her smooth out her skirt, as if to quietly tell him that she was still a good girl despite that... and then she said they were not as interesting as he. Really? He playfully smiled and winked at her for that comment and then she would know what he wanted in the game. 

"I thought you knew me." He said with a grin, couldn't she guess what he'd say? "Dare." 

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina hoped that after all the times they had gotten into trouble together, Marcus would have the good sense not to tell Juliana. But what could she expect? For her to just sit at home and weave and hope for a man to just fall out of the sky to marry her? No. And why shouldn't she have some fun while she was looking? But Marcus smiled and winked at her and she knew she could trust him to keep her secret. 

Marcus chose what she knew he would: a dare. She wondered what he wanted from the game - but then, wasn't that obvious? They were alone, in a picturesque spot in the woods... She smiled at him charmingly. They would get there soon enough. She looked around, tapping her chin thoughtfully, then spotted a fruit tree that looked suitable - but challenging - to climb. "I dare you to climb that tree and get an apple."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Of course he would not tell Juliana about this secret, but it was interesting knowledge no matter what. They did often just spend time together near others, be that family or slaves or others of their rank in society. They were rarely completely alone like now and this allowed for them to talk about things, they usually did not talk about. And now after her confession, it was his turn in the game. He of course chose dare, because that would be more fun to him. She seemed thoughtful, as if wondering what to pick for him and Marcus waited impatiently while she gave him the most charming and alluring smile. She was teasing him! Then she spoke, daring him to climb a tree and get an apple for her. 

"That shouldn't be a problem." He said and got up, walking over to the apple tree, growing here near the stream. The apples didn't seem quite ready to eat yet, it was spring and not fall, but he could pick one, certainly. If that's what she wanted. He got rid of the little cape he wore and grabbed around a branch to hoist himself up. Soon he'd climbed a bit up and he waved at Caecina, before reaching out for an apple. He could just reach it and finally had it in his hand. Now he just had to get down without ripping his clothes or anything. Carefully he stepped around between branches and finally he could jump down on the forest floor again. He held the apple for Caecina with a grin on his face "There you go. One apple for the lady of the forest. Your turn in the game." 

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina watched with interest as Marcus climbed the tree. In her younger days, she had climbed trees too, when she could get away with it. She had always preferred being active to weaving and other more womanly activities. It simply wasn't fun to just sit around all the time! Marcus was nimble and strong and she grinned as she watched him jump down onto the ground and hand her the apple. "Thank you, good sir," she said. The apple wasn't ripe at all, but it was entertaining to make him climb a tree.

It was her turn again in the game. She gazed at him momentarily and then laughed. "Dare." 

@Atrice

• Like 1

He enjoyed the fact that he made her grin, when he finally escaped the tree and gave her the apple she asked for. She thanked him for it, despite it not being quite ripe and then he reminded her that it was her turn in the game. This was quite a lot of fun! And to think the day had started so poorly with Marcus having a hangover and he wanted nothing but to lie around and be a nuisance to everyone. But then Caecina showed up and somehow improved the day a lot. And now, in the game... she wanted a dare and not just truth. Marcus tapped his finger in his chin, as if thinking deeply about what to make her do. He had a number of ideas and not all of them quite proper, but he also wouldn't embarrass her. And he didn't know how far she wanted him to go - or how far he dared to go. Who was braver here? Time would tell...

Then he had an idea, "I dare you to walk through the water to the other side of the stream and back again." It wasn't that deep, but she'd be in halfway up to her knees at least. Her dress might get wet, unless she hiked it up and then she'd be showing him some leg. No matter what, he kind of liked the idea of it. Marcus smiled, waiting to hear if she'd take the dare.

@Echo

• Like 1

Marcus was teasing her too, pretending to have a hard time deciding what to make her do. She laughed as he finally voiced what he wanted her to do. Oh, she knew what he really wanted alright - to see if she was game enough to show her leg like that. And she didn't really want to get her skirts wet- how uncomfortable that would be! "You are a cruel game master, Marcus. That water is freezing!" But she wasn't afraid. She loved a challenge. 

She stood resolutely, grinning at him as she passed. She stepped up to the creek and kicked off her sandals, gathering her skirts up. With a deep breath, she stepped into the water. "Ooh! Cold!" she squealed. But she pressed on, step after step, her skirts gathered to her knee. She was afraid she was going to slip and fall, but with careful steps, she made it across and then back. 

"There! Thought I wouldn't do it, didn't you? Alright, your turn."

@Atrice

• Like 1

If she could tease him, he could also tease her... it was only fair. Although to be honest, she held the reins here, at least if you'd ask him. Marcus liked her and he wanted to both have fun with her but also to treat her well. So he would not make any moves towards her, unless she somehow let it know that it would be fine. So far, she just enjoyed their little game too it seemed. And she called him a cruel game master and Marcus just chuckled, "Well, it wouldn't be a dare if it was easy." He just said and sat down on the palla after she stood. He leaned back on his elbows, his eyes following her as she kicked off her sandals and gathered her skirts. Showing some leg. Not that Marcus hadn't ever seen that before, but it was just different when it was Caecina. Now he watched her step out into the cold water and he almost felt bad for making her do it and suddenly hoped she'd not get sick or something because of it. He'd hate that he had caused such a thing.

At least she didn't fall and at last, she made it back. When she was nearly there, Marcus jumped up to lend her a hand to get up from the water and back to the dry palla. Alright so he did feel bad about making her do that, but what's said was said and what's done was done. He smiled at her and then she said it was his turn. Of course it was. Should he surprise her too then?

"Truth." And he just hoped she wouldn't be as cold towards him as the water had just been to her. 

@Echo

• Like 1

Marcus lent her a hand as she reached the end, helping her out of the water. She took his hand and smiled. "Thank you." She settled on the palla, pulling up a corner of it to dry off her legs. Her legs were almost numb from the cold, tingling slightly. She said that it was his turn and he chose truth. "Truth, eh? Alright then." She wanted to come up with a really good question to ask him, since when he had asked her a question he had asked about her involvement with men. But she wasn't so sure she wanted to know which women he had been alone with, let alone what they had been doing. 

She was quiet for a time, considering what she wanted to ask him. Finally, she spoke up. "Have you ever been alone with a woman of our class?" She didn't want to know whether he had been with lower class women - that would mean thinking of him as a man, with sexual experiences under his belt. 

@Atrice

She thanked him when he helped her out of the water and he watched her sit and try to dry her legs and feet. He really should not have made her do that, but it was too late now. Maybe he could offer to warm her feet? If she would want him to. But first things first, his turn in the game. He chose truth, just to surprise her and she was thoughtful for a moment, before she had her question ready… almost asking him the same question he asked her. Marcus arched a brow, that was kind of a strange question.

“Is this a trick question?” He asked with a grin then, leaning a bit closer to her, “We’re alone right now, are we not? Besides, I’ve been alone with mother plenty of times. But I assume you don’t count and older women don’t either…” He trailed off, trying to think about it. Had he been alone with someone of their own rank, someone young and beautiful… at first he wasn’t sure, but then he remembered why he was hungover today. The party yesterday.

“I think I did sneak off with someone last night. But we didn’t… I mean…” He felt the heat rise to his cheeks. He hadn’t slept with the girl and if she wasn’t a virgin, it wasn’t his fault. He wasn’t about to ruin some noble girl’s life, not even when he was drunk. He wasn’t that drunk anyway. They had only kissed, but it felt oddly strange to talk with Caecina about it. He stared at the stream for a few moments while wondering why he had reacted this way to the question, “Anyway, I guess that answers the question. Your turn.”

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina watched as his brow furrowed. He seemed confused at the question. "Well, it's only fair, you asked me basically the same question," she said with a laugh. He went on to say that they were alone, leaning closer as though conspiring with her. He said older women and she didn't count and she shook her head. "No, I don't think she counts." She didn't mention whether or not she thought that she herself counted. 

Marcus said that he thought he had sneaked off with someone last night. Now, that was interesting. It was also interesting how he trailed off and blushed. She had an urge to tease him for it, but decided not to, simply nodding with a smile that turned up slightly on one side in the start of a smirk. "I'll take truth, too. Unless you have a really interesting dare for me?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

She thought it was fair that she asked him the question, since he more or less asked her the same. Although he asked her if she had been alone with any man… she only wanted to know if he had been alone with any noble ladies and that was different. She of course did not think Juliana counted and not herself either, it seemed. He explained he had been sneaking away at the party last night with a girl and he actually had done it before, but it suddenly felt strange talking to Caecina about that. Why did it feel that way? She confused him, to be honest. Or made him feel confused, was that the same?

Now it was her turn in the game and she also chose truth… unless he had an interesting dare.

“I’m sure I can think of one, but you chose truth.” He said, he had a few things in mind, but he wasn’t sure he would dare ask her. This was Caecina, whom he got to know while they were both kids. They weren’t actual siblings… his original parents were both dead, Juliana was his step-mother and Caecina’s actual mother was deceased too. Nothing connected them but Juliana, so really it shouldn’t be an issue… but for some reason everything felt different with Caecina than with other girls. Right, he needed to figure out a question.

And for some reason, he thought the next question would be good and maybe also help him a bit, “Do you currently have a crush on someone?”

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina pursed her bottom lip in a fake pout when he rationalized that she had asked for truth. "Well, then, perhaps I will choose a dare next time and you can give me a really interesting one." He was quiet as he thought of a question, then he asked if she had a crush on someone. That was quite a complicated question. She had several suitors that courted her occasionally, taking her for walks, visiting her at the villa or the domus in the city. But she could be cold-hearted, and really wasn't interested in any of them sincerely. She just liked the attention. Of course, there were the imperial princes - she had always found both of them interesting, particularly Tiberius. But she wouldn't go so far as to say that she had a crush on him; it would just be a mutually advantageous marriage, should it happen. 

And then she arrived at the obvious person: Marcus. She sized him up unconsciously as she thought. They had grown up together, been childhood companions and gotten in (and out) of plenty of trouble over the years. She had never really considered him as someone to have a crush on - until recently. Very recently. He had grown up, he was almost a man in every sense of the word! And she would be lying if she said she didn't think he was handsome. Those baby blue eyes, the dirty blonde hair... and he was taller than she was, which was always a weakness for her. She realized that she was blushing and she pretended to cough, covering her mouth to give the color a chance to escape her cheeks. 

Did she have feelings for him? She was suddenly very confused about it all. But she managed to keep her playful energy up. "Maybe. I'm not quite sure yet."

@Atrice

• Like 1

He smiled when she was clearly disappointed over him still choosing truth, although she had said she might be up for a dare. Next time then, Marcus thought to himself. They were really getting to know each other today though, were they not? And now he’d know her better, since he asked if she had a crush on anyone. Caecina went quiet and thoughtful for a long time. He noticed her glancing at him, although she seemed far away in her thoughts and he’d give anything to know what she was thinking! Did she have a crush on him? Oh that would be interesting and it would help him a lot, but on the other hand, was it right? It was a true dilemma!

She blushed now and he couldn’t help but admire the color in her pale cheeks. She coughed then, as if to pretend it was something else and then she said she maybe had a crush on someone and she just wasn’t sure.

Marcus arched a brow, “How can you not be sure?” He said, but of course, it was his turn in the game. He already asked her one question, so it wasn’t fair to ask another. Although he was really curious now! Should he choose truth after all again, so she would get to ask him the same… although it really was his turn to do something, “I choose dare now.”

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina shrugged when he asked how she could not be sure. "I just haven't thought about it much," she said nonchalantly. And that was the truth. Marcus chose dare again. Here was her chance to do something really interesting. She gazed at him with a calculating look, wondering whether he would accept the dare. "I dare you to kiss your crush. If you have one." She paused a moment. "Obviously, that doesn't have to happen now, as we are the only two people here. But next time you see her." 

@Atrice

• Like 1

How could she not have thought much about having a crush on someone? Although honestly, Marcus wasn’t much better than her and he certainly had no real crushes on any other girls. They were fun to spend time with and kiss when they could sneak away, but that wasn’t a crush, that was kind of something else. Did he have a crush on Caecina? He didn’t know, he wasn’t sure. But if anyone would ask him, she was definitely the nicest girl he knew. And now Caecina apparently wanted to know if he had a crush, because he chose dare and she dared him to kiss his crush… although it wouldn’t have to be now.

Did he have a crush on her? What would she say if he did? What if she didn’t feel the same, then it might all be ruined if he admitted it. He didn’t want to lose his friendship with her, after all. And he didn’t know if he had a crush on her, he wasn’t sure, but what if he did? He didn’t have it with anyone else, after all.

He felt his heart beat faster suddenly and inhaled a little breath, looking up at her, “Well… I don’t really have a crush on anyone, I think. At least not anyone… not here.” Marcus was never shy or anything like it, never! Then why did he feel like that with her, right now? Gods he felt a bit stupid. He hoped she’d not hate him for it.

"So, if I were to kiss my crush, I might have to do it now. But only if it is alright." It was different at the party, the girl he met there didn't mean anything to him and she had a bit of wine and was half-drunk like he. It was just a bit of fun and they didn't have to ask. Right now, he was definitely sober and he didn't want to do anything with Caecina that wasn't alright with her. So he waited. So unlike him! 

@Echo

• Like 1

Caecina inhaled sharply when he suggested that she was his crush. She had never even considered that he might think of her in that way! Besides the occasional glance from him that she caught, she thought he only considered her a friend. But she couldn't deny that her heart was beating quickly. She was nervous. He asked if it was alright and she gazed at him for a moment, before her surprised face resolved into a small smile. "I think that would be alright," she said, her voice low and slightly shaky. How could he suddenly make her so nervous? 

She leaned slightly closer to him, showing him that it was alright but allowing him to make the move.

@Atrice

• Like 1

It was one thing to just have fun with someone and kiss them at a party, when you didn't know them so well and didn't maybe have feelings for them. It was something else to have Caecina ask him to kiss his crush and then Marcus realized she might be his crush. And he did want to kiss her, but would she think it was alright? Did she want it or did she think it was too weird? It might be... they had known each other for years and they shared the same mother now, although none of them had been born by her. Still, that kind of made them siblings. Yet siblings that were not related by blood at all. So it shouldn't be that wrong, right? Although they should not tell anyone about it. At all. It would have to be kept a secret, he thought. Juliana wouldn't be alright with it at all. 

Caecina seemed to think it over, but then she told him with a shaky voice that it would be alright. And she leaned closer to him, where they sat together on the palla. Marcus had kissed so many other girls. He wasn't a virgin either. But for some reason, it was just different with Caecina.

He edged closer to her too, "Alright." He said with a little smile, feeling almost shy. What kind of kiss? He wanted to give her one she'd remember, because who knew if they'd ever really get the chance again? Marcus placed a hand on the side of her head and leaned closer and pressed a lingering kiss to her lips, while he closed his eyes. It felt so nice. His heart was definitely pounding faster now and he didn't want to stop kissing her, but that's all the dare was about - one kiss. So he pulled back, opening his eyes and he grinned at her, "That... felt very nice." More than he knew or expected. So weird, but so amazing. He hoped she liked it too. But was this awkward now? He glanced around, the guards were still nowhere to be seen, so he supposed they didn't have to go yet, "I guess... that makes it your turn in the game. If we're still playing." 

@Echo

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 1

Caecina closed her eyes as Marcus leaned forward, pressing his lips against hers. Almost unconsciously, she moved her hand to rest on top of his for the duration of the kiss. The moment seemed to stretch on, and the girl didn't want it to stop. But then the moment ended as Marcus pulled away and Caecina moved her hand away, blushing softly. 

"That... felt very nice."

Caecina smiled. "Yes, it was." She couldn't think of anything more to say, until he spoke and suggested it was her turn in the game. She laughed, and was about to respond, until she heard a rustling in the underbrush. One of the guards broke through the trees into their little clearing and dipped his head. "It's getting on in the day. We should return to the villa." Caecina was almost thankful for the excuse not to have to fill the moment with silence. She didn't even know what to say - Marcus had feelings for her! 

She stood and brushed herself off. "It's just as well, I was about to be hungry for lunch." She turned to Marcus with a secretive smile. "Thank you. For a wonderful time." Then, she gathered her palla off the ground, shook it off, and put it back on.

@Atrice

• Like 1