Florus continued to edge closer to Alexius as the man told him about what he desired, but he remembered himself, and slinked back into his chair, using the drinking of wine as both an excuse and a natural barrier between them. Not that Alexius needed a barrier. Florus did, because the wine made him stupid. The man was talking about his desire to be free, not anything else. There was no reason to think about anything else. He was probably very popular with the ladies, he thought, but there was no reason to think about that. Until, that was, Alexius started to talk about pleasure.

Florus blushed, still looking at his hands for a while, but then looked up at the ex gladiator in defiance. 'I do know what pleasure is, if that's what you mean. Just... not with other people?' Already he was sure he had spoken too much. He drained his cup, cursing the drink and its power to make him say ridiculous things.

@Atrice

• Like 1

He survived in the arena because he had to – because if he died, he’d never be free and he’d never see his sister again. He still hadn’t seen her again, but the hope and memory of her kept him fighting for his life. And he made it. He lived – not unscarred – and he survived and he gained his freedom. Now that was many years ago, but he’d not forgotten a thing about it. It was nice to talk to sweet Florus about it, but he’d also spoken of what the life of a gladiator gave him… things like pleasure, for example.

And Florus claimed he didn’t know about it. This surprised him, but then he noticed that Florus slid a bit away from him again, blushing once more. He said he knew what pleasure was, then, but he didn’t know about it with other people.

“Oh Florus…” He said with a smile, reaching to find that hand of Florus’, still resting on the table. He wrapped his fingers around Florus’ in an affectionate gesture and looked at him, “You’re a very sweet young man… you really are. And trust me when I say, that once you learn about pleasure with others… it’ll leave you wanting more.” That’s what it did with him anyway, “You do want to learn about that, don’t you?” Because Alexius would be happy to teach him. Florus wouldn’t be his first virgin ever and probably not the last either. If Florus wanted him; he thought Florus did, but did Florus know?

@Ejder

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 1

Florus' eyes widened as Alexius placed his hand on the gardener's. Why was the other man doing that? And why did it feel so... tempting? He looked at his hand, and quickly pulled it away. Though he did not mean to be rude, he was alarmed.

'I, uh, I do want to learn about pleasure.' His cheeks were furiously red by now. Why was he discussing this at all? Wasn't this something he ought to discuss with the woman he was going to one day marry? Right, except he was a slave, so a marriage wasn't in the cards for him. Maybe just a woman he'd meet, then. So far, no such luck. 'Giving... and receiving,' he mumbled. He totally knew what sex was. And he knew it was supposed to be pleasurable. Alexius was giving him a strange look, and Florus suddenly knew that wine was a much stronger drink than he'd anticipated. Who knew where another cup might lead?

As red as he could ever remember being, Florus got up from the seat, and nodded towards Alexius. 'Gra-gratitude for the wine, Alexius. I- I hope you have a pleasant day.' Without further ado, he bolted from the tavern.

@Atrice

• Like 1

He just… he wanted to touch, he wanted to see what Florus would do and if Florus would be open to do anything more than drinking with him. It was hard to not want such a pretty and friendly young man. Or, it might indeed be hard. Gods, he was terrible, wasn’t he? Florus seemed so innocent, he was even a virgin by the sound of it and all Alexius could think about was what it would be like to show him how good you could feel. But Florus pulled his hand from Alexius’, saying he did want to learn about pleasure and about giving and receiving. But he was also blushing, always blushing.

Alexius wanted to say he’d be a very willing teacher, but then Florus suddenly got up from his seat and excused himself, thanking Alexius for the wine. Alexius blinked, seeing Florus disappear through the doorway to the tavern. A part of him wanted to follow, but another part knew he should just let the youth go. If he really wanted something, he’d be back. What a pity though. Maybe he should not have taken Florus’ hand, but he had wanted to and he wanted to see how Florus would react.

He sighed and downed the second cup of wine on his own. One of the barmaids saw he’d been left alone and came over to talk to him. Luckily, Alexius was not one to be sad for very long and especially not when approached by another friendly person that he knew well. It was sad that Florus disappeared so fast, but Alexius would find said pleasure elsewhere. He always did.

@Ejder

FINISHED

• Like 1