Felix was curious what idea Alexius would come up with, the moment he saw the glint in his eyes. He was obviously better versed in the ways of celebrating Fortuna. He pulled out a coin, and it only took Felix a moment to understand what the rules of the game would be. He chuckled, taking the coin from Alexius and also taking a drink form his own cup, considering the suggestion.

"Fair." he nodded finally. What did he have to lose? Alexius was not the kind of person who would tell him to do things that were... out of line. But being a little playful seemed appropriate, on a festival day like this. Felix smiled, holding up the coin. "I call heads." he noted, before flipping it into the air. The coin glinted in the sunlight, and Felix caught it, although a little clumsily, and set it down on the back of his hand. "Tails. You win."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alexius usually wasn’t much of a gambler. Or maybe he was, just not like this. Fortuna just dealt him the right moments and Alexius was there to grab them. See how Fortuna was even on his side on this day, allowing him to see Felix, now have drinks with him and who knew what else? Felix certainly was good looking and Alexius smiled when Felix agreed on his idea for a game and then flipped the coin. What would he have Felix do, if Alexius won?

He barely had time to think though, just took a drink and then saw the coin land and Felix said he’d won. Alexius grinned, “See, Fortuna likes me.” Alexius said and looked Felix over. Oh there were a lot of things he’d love for Felix to do, but it was still early in the day and broad sunlight. They couldn’t do everything right now. But some things, maybe? He knew exactly what he’d like for Felix to do then and hoped the other would be in on it. Why not, really?

“So, since I won… I get to decide on something you should do. And I want you to…” He paused, meeting Felix’ handsome eyes, a playful glimpse in his own, “… kiss me.”

@Chevi

• Like 1

“See, Fortuna likes me.” 

No surprise. Everyone liked Alexius. He was just that kind of a person, even as a former warrior. He was easy to be around, and easy to talk to. Not to mention him saving Felix when he needed help, even though he was just a slave in most Romans' eyes.

Felix chuckled, handing Alexius the coin. He could toss it next. This time, he'd won, and Felix was curious to see how the game would be played. What would Alexius tell him to do?

“So, since I won… I get to decide on something you should do. And I want you to… kiss me.”

Felix blinked. Sure, he'd expected Alexius to make a move like that, sometime later in the evening... they had all but talked about it before, after they first met. But right now, after their first cup of wine, on the riverside, in front of everyone... he glanced around. They were half covered by the column, but people were milling around nearby. Granted, most of them were much more occupied with their cups, or each other. He turned back, looking at Alexius, trying to see if he'd meant what he said. Then, he leaned in towards him. Maybe Fortuna would smile on them both?

@Atrice

• Like 1

Felix was not just a slave in Alexius' eyes - but then again, Alexius was not born as a Roman and he'd been a slave too. He knew exactly what it was like to be bossed around by others and have them think he meant less to them than their fancy horse. Felix was nice though, he didn't talk so much, but you honestly didn't have to. Alexius talked, sometimes, but he was honestly better at acting than many other things. He liked it when things happened instead of just talking about... or thinking about it. Put your thought into action. And that's exactly what he got the chance to do now that he won their first game with the coin flipping... he asked Felix to kiss him.

Yes, it was broad daylight and there were many people out here, but so what? If you wanted someone, you should just do it. Alexius would have no issues with being kissed by another man like this. Just another sign of how un-Roman he could be. The Romans had some weird belief that a man should not admit that he liked to be taken by others - it was better to be on top than underneath someone. Stupid idea. What if you liked both? Or what if you preferred being submissive rather than superior? As long as you felt good doing what you did... that's what mattered to Alexius. And he'd definitely feel good being kissed by Felix. Felix however blinked, seeming surprised and thoughtful and Alexius downed some more wine. 

Then finally Felix looked at him again and Alexius arched a brow, hoping the other wasn't getting cold feet already. But then he leaned towards Alexius and Alexius smiled. Felix didn't have to gnaw at him - but he also better not just make it a peck-kiss.

@Chevi

• Like 1

It had been a long time since Felix kissed anyone. He'd never been the romantic type. He fancied people sometimes, sure, but he did not have the freedom and free time required to explore things like that to his heart's content. The entire fact that he'd met Alexius at all, twice now by accident, meant that he had more of a chance than he'd had before, and maybe today, in honor of Fortuna, he was supposed to seize the opportunity. Alexius was certainly giving him a look that suggested he wouldn't pull back.

Felix kissed him. There was some hesitation, but once Alexius responded, Felix allowed himself to enjoy kissing him. Wasn't this just another game of chance, anyway? Maybe the goddess smiled on them for a moment. Or maybe there would be trouble. For now, Felix was kissing someone of his own free will, and it was not half bad an experience either...

@Atrice

• Like 1

Was Alexius a romantic type? He could be, if the person he was spending time, was that type. Alexius enjoyed receiving pleasure as much as he enjoyed giving it and if someone else was most pleased by romance, well he could spin many beautiful words and gentle and soft touches, if that's what his lover wanted. Felix didn't seem to require it though. He actually didn't seem to require much, he seemed so content with being a slave and serving others, that it was almost sad. But Alexius would not try and speak him out of it, in case it meant Felix would leave his side. For now though, he was coming closer. Handsome Felix, leaning closer to him - although with some hesitation. He'd find none of that from Alexius' side. 

At last, lips met and Alexius gladly returned the kiss. Gods they felt good too, those lips! Did Felix' owner even consider this? How lucky he was to have such a handsome body slave whose lips were so soft and warm and tasty? Alexius smiled against Felix' lips, but the kiss broke. They could kiss and cuddle for now, but he thought it might be best to save even more satisfying acts for the darkness. Felix seemed a little more modest than Alexius, when it came to such things.

"Well..." Alexius said, when the kiss had broken and he gave Felix a dashing, charming smile, "That felt nice." He said and winked, "But I guess it is my turn now, in our game. Tails did me well last time, so I call for that again." He said and flipped the coin between his fingers. up into the air and then caught it on the back of his hand. When he lifted his hand, he couldn't help but grin. He had won again... "See, I said it... now what shall I have you do this time?" 

@Chevi

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 1

The kiss went on for a while. Alexius was a good kisser, both enthusiastic and gentle. Felix assumed he had a lot of practice. It felt nice, kissing someone just because he felt like it. Well... felt like it, and had lost a game to.

"Well... That felt nice."

Felix smiled as they broke the kiss. He was not sure what Alexius' expectations were, but if he was content, then the game had gone well for the both of them. He handed over the coin. It was Alexius' turn now. 

"But I guess it is my turn now, in our game. Tails did me well last time, so I call for that again... See, I said it... now what shall I have you do this time?" 

Tails again. Alexius won, the second time. Fortuna clearly favored him, and it was no surprise; he was an enthusiastic followed of the goddess, and on her own festival it only made sense that she would allow him to win. Felix chuckled, looking at the coin. "Well... you won fair and square." he noted, arching an eyebrow "What do you want me to do?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alexius did have a lot of practice, when it came to kissing. And why should he not be? It felt good being so intimate with someone and one amazing kiss could lead to a whole lot of other things that felt even better. Felix was not too bad himself, it felt very nice actually and Alexius could easily take it even further, but he sensed Felix was not used to showing off and exposing himself in the same way. Felix was smiling however, so that was good. And now it was Alexius' turn to flip the coin, so he did, and he won again. Now certain that Fortuna was with him today, he wondered what to do. That kiss was rather nice. 

Felix chuckled, saying it was fair that Alexius won and Alexius smiled at him. First he considered another kiss or maybe have Felix undress a bit, but then he had another idea that might make Felix relax some more, "I want you to fill your cup with wine to the rim again, empty it and then fill it again." Alexius then said and handed Felix the coin, "Afterwards, it is your turn." 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Felix wondered if Alexius would come up with something bolder than a kiss. The day was young, and they still had wine to drink; it was part of the excitement to see how far they would venture.

"I want you to fill your cup with wine to the rim again, empty it and then fill it again. Afterwards, it is your turn." 

Felix grinned, and did so. He filled his cup, splashed a few drops on the ground in libation, then drank the rest. It was good wine, not too weak. Once the cup was empty, he filled it again, then took the coin. "Tails again, I suppose?" he asked, before he flipped it, and checked. "Heads. It's my turn this time." he looked up at Alexius, considering his options. It was maybe the first time ever in his life he could tell a free man what to do. "Show me a place in Rome you have not shown to anyone before."

@Atrice

• Like 1

It could have been bolder than the kiss before, his challenge and dare for Felix after Alexius won the coin-game again... but instead he chose to try and get Felix a little more drunk, so that his companion might relax some more. Felix was obviously not used to relaxing as much as Alexius, but wine often did the trick! Not that he meant for Felix to get so drunk he'd pass out and not remember a thing, he just wanted to make it all a bit more fun. And Felix did as told, again... he filled his cup, emptied it and filled it again. Alexius smiled and drank a bit of his own, while Felix took the coin and the bet. And Felix won this round! 

Alexius waited curiously to see what Felix would come up with and his friend decided on a strange idea. Maybe not so bad though? Show Felix a place he'd not shown to anyone before...

"Interesting." Alexius said, "And tough too! I've been around here for a long time and know my way around... but a place I've not shown to anyone else..." He scratched his chin while trying to think about it. Felix didn't say it had to be a secret place or anything, just something he'd never shown to anyone on his own. Alexius then stood and reached his hand for Felix, "There's a place I have in mind but it's a very long walk... actually to the other side of Rome, basically. I can show you, but... I can also just show you one of my favorite places in Rome? It's still not a place I really show people, although I often meet someone there. Or what do you say?" 

@Chevi

• Like 1

"Interesting. And tough too! I've been around here for a long time and know my way around... but a place I've not shown to anyone else..."

Felix waited for him to think, arching an eyebrow. He would stand by his challenge, and it was amusing to see that he'd made Alexius think this hard. He knew the city well, it seemed, and certainly had known places where Felix had never been. He hoped his answer would be a good one. The wine was taking effect, and Felix was slowly relaxing into the idea of having the whole day, and the whole city, to themselves. 

"There's a place I have in mind but it's a very long walk... actually to the other side of Rome, basically. I can show you, but... I can also just show you one of my favorite places in Rome? It's still not a place I really show people, although I often meet someone there. Or what do you say?" 

"I will settle for a favorite place" Felix smiled, standing up and emptying his cup. "You know more of this city than I do. We can leave the other one for next time..."

If there was ever a next time. He didn't want to assume, but it also felt easy to say it like that...

@Atrice

• Like 1

He supposed this was an opportunity to get to know each other better - although it was mostly Felix getting to know Alexius better. Hopefully that would not be a bad thing, but rather the opposite. Alexius had very few people he felt close with, in fact probably just one at the moment and he barely saw her. Maybe that's why he tried to be so open with everyone. Maybe one day, he would find someone he got along well enough with, who would not mind the way he liked to live. He'd almost been ready to settle down with Oriana... if only she'd not been an Equite and Alexius nothing but a former slave. And if only she'd been willing to accept that he had a strong desire for other people. If only... but that was in the past now. That too.

Felix decided that it was alright if Alexius showed him a favorite place, since the other idea of a place Alexius never showed anyone else... was a bit far away. Maybe another time though, if there would be another time. Felix emptied his cup and stood and then said they could leave the other place for next time.

Alexius stood too, also emptying his cup when he stood and he gave Felix a smile, "Next time then." He promised the lovely Felix, "Come on, it's not too far, the nearest of these places. How's your legs... and your walk?" He asked with a grin, they had a few cups of wine now and he wasn't sure if Felix got drunk as often as Alexius did. He probably wasn't used to this much wine at once. Alexius could take more, because he was used to it, but could Felix? Alexius was more than ready with an arm and a shoulder if Felix needed it. 

@Chevi

• Like 1

They both agreed on the most secret place next time. If there was a next time. Either way, this game was not supposed to be that serious, and Felix was more than happy to learn more about Alexius' favorite place in Rome. Or one of them, anyway. They both stood, emptying their cups. The festival crowds were still milling around them. 

"Come on, it's not too far, the nearest of these places. How's your legs... and your walk?" 

"Yes, I can walk" Felix grinned, shifting his weight from one leg to the other. "I don't intend to get that drunk... It seems to me it would ruin the rest of the day." he added. He had never really been black out drunk, and it really seemed like people who did missed out on the best parts of a celebration. "Lead the way."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to get away from here, with all the people coming to the temple. Surely they already paid their respects to Fortuna - they drank to her and they had played a game in her honor and Alexius was certain Fortuna would be on his side. If you just believed, that was good enough, right? And he did. Now he'd stood and wondered if Felix could walk, but the other just grinned and said he could and didn't plan on getting that drunk. He thought it would ruin the day.

"Depends on how much more you drink. It could also make the day more... interesting." Alexius said with a wink, since often people were more open and daring when they were drunk and he didn't think it was always a bad thing. But Felix was ready to move on and Alexius nodded, steering them away from the crowds and up the street they came from. When it was a bit more quiet he looked at Felix again, "So, where do you think I'm taking you?" Could he guess?

@Chevi

• Like 1

"Depends on how much more you drink. It could also make the day more... interesting."

"We'll see" Felix allowed with a laugh as they walked along. There was definitely more wine in the skin they pruchased, and they would finish it before long; maybe they would drink more after that, or maybe they would find other ways to occupy themselves. Either way, Felix was not planning on getting horribly drunk.

"So, where do you think I'm taking you?"

"One of your favorite places" Felix reiterated with a grin "It's a place you don't usually show people, so I'm going to say it's not a popina... I am intrigued.

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alexius rarely got so drunk that he passed out completely and couldn’t remember what had happened. He liked his wine and drink, a lot, but he didn’t drink it all at once. A little constantly was the way to go, he’d found out. He had yet to try and not drink for days and he didn’t want to try. He’d heard you’d get sick. Right now though, he felt great, together with Felix and on the way through Rome.

He wondered if Felix could guess where they were going and Felix replied with a joke at first, which was great, because that had to mean he was relaxing, when he could make fun. But then he dared to take a guess. Alexius arched a brow in thought. Did he have a favorite popina or tavern?

“Hmm… no, it’s not a popina. I do have a favorite one, I think, but there are many great places to go out in Rome, to be honest. Maybe I’ll take you to the one I’m thinking about another time. But no, not right now.” He said with a smile while leading Felix through Rome. They were done with the actual game with the flipping coin, but that didn’t mean he should stop being curious, “Do you have a favorite place in Rome?”

@Chevi

• Like 1

It was hard to guess what Alexius' favorite place would be. Different people had different favorites, and Rome offered something to them all, from brothels to temples, from gardens to palaces. And Alexius might have had easy tastes when it came to drinking and loving, but he was not an easy man to read otherwise.

“Hmm… no, it’s not a popina. I do have a favorite one, I think, but there are many great places to go out in Rome, to be honest. Maybe I’ll take you to the one I’m thinking about another time. But no, not right now.” 

"Very well" Felix accepted with a mild smile. Not a popina then, or a drinking place. That still left... most of the city open for guessing.

“Do you have a favorite place in Rome?”

"I... I'm not sure" Felix admitted, a little surprised by the question "I like the baths. Haven't had a chance to try many of them, but... hot water is always nice. And... the markets are interesting."

@Atrice

• Like 1

It was kind of surprising that Felix did not guess where Alexius was taking him – although a popina was a great suggestion, he wanted to show Felix something else. Something that mattered to him, even after all these years. A strange kind of remembrance, but still one of his favorite places. He thought a popina sounded like a good idea and suggested taking Felix to one another time. If there would be another time, but why not? Felix was lovely.

Felix accepted his response and then Alexius almost naturally wondered if Felix had a favorite place. Felix seemed thoughtful and then said he liked the baths and the markets. Alexius nodded.

“I agree with both… maybe we should go to the baths together sometime. I don’t think I’d mind taking a bath with you.” He said with a grin and a wink, while the image of a handsome and naked Felix floated through his mind. No, he would not mind that for one second.

They took another turn and he glanced at Felix, wondering if he knew this part of the city and could guess where they were going. There was an arena not far from here. And then he saw the gates to one of the many ludii in Rome. It wasn’t the Magnus though, where Thessala and Annis and Theo were, but one of the others. It had had several different names in the past and he knew this one better than the other ludii. He wondered if Felix would understand what this meant for him, “Here we are. Ever been to a ludus before?”

@Chevi

• Like 1

“I agree with both… maybe we should go to the baths together sometime. I don’t think I’d mind taking a bath with you.” 

Felix smirked at the comment, giving Alexius a look. He would not have minded to take a bath with him either, he was a good-looking man and baths were nice anyway. Even though it was not likely to ever happne, given that slaves didn't usually share baths with free men, it was a nice thought to entertain. The rest did not need to be said.

They walked away from the river, and ended up close to the arena, at a building that looked like one of the ludi.

“Here we are. Ever been to a ludus before?”

Felix looked up at the building, then back at Alexius, realizing where he had taken him. He tilted his head with a look of curiosity.

"Is this where you...?"

Where he used to live? It was surprising that he would think of it as one of his favorite places... but also Felix understood why it was meaningful to him. "No, I have never been inside a ludus."

@Atrice

• Like 1

Alexius' constant smile stayed on, with the way Felix looked at him when he said he'd not mind taking a bath with the lovely Felix. But that wouldn't be right now. Alexius was amused though, about how many ideas he had for things he and Felix could do together, if they met again. Popinas, baths and other ideas too. Really he could also just take Felix home. That was one of his other favorite places, he supposed... the home he shared with his son. But now they'd reached the gates to a ludus and Alexius stopped and wondered if Felix had ever been such a place before. Felix gave him a curious look and Alexius nodded at his question.

"I was a gladiator here, yes. And then lanista. I still come here... it holds many memories. Both bad... and good." He added and Felix said he'd never been inside a ludus.

"We're not going inside either. But see..." Alexius gestured the way to a doorway in the wall and a staircase, leading up to where there were seats for curious people who wanted to watch the gladiators while they trained. It was free to watch them train, it was only in the arena you had to pay to see them fight, "After you." Alexius said elegantly and waited for Felix to enter before he'd follow, "I don't know how many are training today. Maybe some of them are also at the festival. We'll see." 

@Chevi

• Like 1

"I was a gladiator here, yes. And then lanista. I still come here... it holds many memories. Both bad... and good."

Felix looked at the building again, seeing it in a new light. He tried to imagine Alexius living in there as a gladiator, or a lanista. He could picture him just fine, but it felt like another life, for the both of them.

"We're not going inside either. But see... After you. I don't know how many are training today. Maybe some of them are also at the festival. We'll see." 

There was a doorway, and stairs going up to where people could watch the ludus from. Felix climbed up the stairs, followed by Alexius, and looked around curiously, wonderig what they were going to see. There were a few people already up there, giving them curious glances, but more preoccupied with the gladiators below. 

"I heard some of the fighters have very dedicated... supporters" Felix noted, looking back at Alexius "Are women allowed up here too?"

@Atrice

• Like 1

Maybe he was becoming a bit sentimental or soft, but he didn't know. When you'd lived a life like he had and it often took you by surprise, taking you somewhere new... and you eventually just learned to live with whatever you had, was it so strange to want to dwell by memories sometimes? That's what he came here to do. He did like watching the gladiators of course, some were good and most were handsome men (and women), but that wasn't the entire reason why he came. Now he'd show Felix the seats where you could watch the gladiators train for free and he showed Felix the doorway to the staircase that led from the street to the seats further up on the building, where you could see the training grounds from above.

A few of the other spectators gave Felix and Alexius a glance, but nothing more and Alexius took a seat. Meanwhile Felix wondered about the supporters and who came here and Alexius smiled, looking around.

"I have seen women here before, so I suppose so." He said with a grin, "And yes, definitely dedicated supporters, if you'd call them that. I don't really have a favorite, I think. Or, I do, but it may be loaded because I know them personally." Alexius winked at his handsome friend, "Right now though, that's not my focus for the day." Felix was what he would focus on instead, "What do you think... about one of my favorite places in Rome?" 

@Chevi

• Like 1

Famous gladiators had very dedicated supporters. Who often went beyond supporting them from afar. Alexius, back in the day, must have had quite a few. There were some women nearby, probably the kind who had extra money to spend, but Alexius was more focused on their own conversation. Felix found that he enjoyed being flirted with. 

"Right now though, that's not my focus for the day. What do you think... about one of my favorite places in Rome?" 

"It is an unusual choice. But I see why you chose it." Felix nodded with a smile. The sound of training weapons and a lanista shouting echoed down below them. "I'll drink to sitting up here with you. Much better than watching you down there."

@Atrice

• Like 1