Like one of your Roman girls

Beauty

Nymphias could neither read nor write so sending a letter of sorts to Helios was out of the question. So when they met at some point during the spring, she had told him a time, which was the evening, and the location, which was the Garden of Sallust, the place where he’d taken her, and then a date in June. She did not want them walking together because it was to be a surprise. With money given to her by her domina, she bought some wine and cakes with honey. The latter, which she was addicted to. Life seemed better to her, perhaps because time had eased some of her hurts or because she felt closer to being free, but she still missed her family dearly, particularly her sister, who she was aware of being in Rome as a slave. Nymphias had been promoted, her Latin improved, and, if you asked her, had found love. She hoped her sister was faring just as well, if not better.

Nymphias found a secluded area of the gardens where they had been many weeks ago. She dressed in her best gown, fashioned her hair in a way that appeared Roman and the hairpin she had bought when with her friend Clio was worn on her head. She was no noble woman and so had nothing to make her truly stand out but did what she could with what she had. To pass the time while she waited for him, she had created a plethora of crowns made of flowers, carefully and perfectly crafted, and other chains of flowers were present to “decorate” the area, making it appear more wistful.

Nymphias had zero knowledge in how wooing went but her heart was in the right place. When finished decorating, she quickly laid on her side, arm propped up by the elbow, her cheek resting on her hand while the other rested on her hip bone. In this position, she thought she looked naughty but it was something that would likely look incredibly awkward to anyone should they have passed her by. By the time Helios arrived, she grinned widely.

“Hello, Helios,” she said playfully, she hoped he was stunned by the amount of preparing she’d done. In reality, it wasn’t much but for her it was. “Care for some wine?”

@Atrice

• Like 2

He never knew before he’d the same girl so many times; not like this anyway. But since last year, he had seen Nymphias more than once. They had to decide every time they were together, when they’d see each other next, since they could not really send each other messages. She was very sweet, still… too sweet, almost. She had not met her sister yet, as far as Helios knew and he was sure that Nymphias would tell him if it had happened. It was easy to get her to talk about many things, as she seemed to truly trust him. Which caused him to almost feel bad about having seduced her, but wasn’t that at the same time the point of seduction? Make someone trust you and believe in you, even if your promises were not true.

On the other hand… she was very nice to spend time with. She was so pretty and fresh, even after so many months in Rome. She hadn’t allowed him to go too far with touching her yet; she had not allowed him to go too far yet. Helios really wanted her though. Sometimes at home, when the last patron of the night had left, he could catch himself thinking about her and longing for her, even if he had plenty of sex the rest of the night. But it wasn’t the same. He wanted her. Maybe he wanted her even more because she had not given in and in order to keep her trust, he had promised they would wait until she was ready. And without her being aware of it at all and without Helios being really aware either… she had somehow gotten under his skin.

Now they had a date again; it was June and it was warm and they were going to meet in the Gardens of Sullust, where they’d met before. She really enjoyed that place. Helios took time to make himself look his best, with a light brown tunica that went well with his tanned skin and the very blonde hair and blue eyes. He let the hair hang lose today, for once, because Nymphias seemed to like that about him; touching his hair. Then off he went to the gardens, where he found Nymphias at their spot. She lay on the ground, on her side, giving him a wide grin as he arrived. She had decorated the whole area with garlands and crowns of flowers and he couldn’t help but smile at her sweetness. She was like honey, sometimes.

“Nymphias… have you done all this? The flowers are very beautiful... but you're beyond compare.” He said with a warm smile to her, stepping into the area and sat down in front of her, “I’d love some wine… you bought this yourself?” He asked then, a little surprised by how much she’d done.

@Beauty

• Like 1

Nymphias nodded her head profusely, proud of her efforts. She had always enjoyed cooking, cleaning and making things presentable. A long time ago, at least it felt that way now, it was in hopes of becoming a bride and one day a wife. Now, her future was uncertain but longed to be free and with her family. His compliment sent her smile widening from ear to ear and her cheeks turned rosy, likely visible against her pale British skin.

She watched him from where she lay, practically entranced and it was only when he sat down, she pushed herself up. Taking a hold of the wine, she poured some into a cup and slid it towards Helios before pouring herself some. She’d visited enough now to be comfortable around him and trust him. He was the sole person she trusted in Rome as of yet. She didn’t expect that to change.

“My domine sometimes gives me money,” explained Nymphias cheerfully with another nod of her head, sitting back down onto her bottom. “I saved money for this. It wasn’t a bother.” It wasn’t as though she bought much else, merely saving as much money as she could. For what, she didn’t know but she was also, for the most part, not in want of anything. Except love and family, of course. Whenever the sky darkened and the stars came alight, she hoped that it would paint an even more romantic picture above their little picnic.

She watched him, spellbound. “Thank you for always being so supportive of me,” she said softly, holding her cup, her thumb playing against its side. “I did all this for you because…” Her eyes darted downwards. “You are very special to me.”

@Atrice

• Like 1

Of course she had done this all on her own – he expected she still kept their secret and hadn’t told Charis or anyone else about their little romance. Now she smiled ever so sweetly, with rosy cheeks, when he complimented both the flowers and her. Of course she did. Nymphias was a very sweet young girl and Helios was the kindest man she’d ever met.

When he sat down, she pushed herself up and poured wine for him, like a perfect little wife. He picked it up and sipped it to drink with her. She explained how her owner gave her money and she’d saved money to buy the wine with. He arched a brow, surprised that she would save up the little coin she earned and spend it on him. Gods if she knew how his initial plan with her was to simply use her. And he still stuck to that plan, only he actually also enjoyed being with her. And looking at her. And being close to her…

“If you say it wasn’t a bother, I’ll trust you on it.” Helios replied, while she sat there, watching him and then thanking him for his support. Then she suddenly seemed a bit shy, saying he was very special to her.

Helios reached out a hand and with a few gentle fingers, he cupped her chin to make her look up at her again. Not forcefully, just… kindly, “You are very special to me too, Nymphias, you must believe that… because it’s true.” He replied to her and leaned in to press a soft and short kiss on her lips, “I look forwards to seeing you every time we do.”

@Beauty

• Like 1

She could feel his gentle hand against her chin and he lifted her head up to look up at him, her eyes settled onto him and gazed into his eyes, which she often got lost in. Soon, his lips were upon her and took her breath away. She slowly closed her eyes but then opened them to see the face she came to admire so much when the brief kiss was broken. Her heart was hammering, her cheeks flushed and she could not help smiling because it was like a dream. Before she had lay in her bed, wondering about her siblings’ fate, dejected and crying but now, her nights were spent dreaming about Helios and the future she wanted with him.  

She, too, looked forward to when they met but wished to not hide, though she feared losing him. Another problem was Helios and Erea, the two were not fond of the other, so she came to learn. But perhaps that was something that would have to be settled at a later time.

“I do believe it,” she said cheerily. Her eyes watered not from sadness but out of joy. Helios had rescued her, guided her and had been nothing but kind, she saw no reason to disbelieve him. She leaned forwards to wrap Helios in a great, warm hug, careful not to spill her drink of wine onto the garden’s floor. She could feel his warmth, it was comfortable and inviting. “I don’t ever want to be parted from you. I want to spend every day of my life with you.” She let go of him slowly, embarrassed by her sudden flow of emotions, and sat back, offering a silly grin.

“Would you marry me if you could, Helios?” she asked suddenly, taking a hold of her cup but not yet drinking. “I know slaves aren’t allowed to do anything but if you could.”

@Atrice

• Like 1

The kiss was lovely, leaving him wanting more, but he wouldn’t push her too much or he might drive her away or something. He wanted her badly, but he controlled himself in order to control her. That’s what mattered. The kiss broke and she was flushing and smiling, seeming ever so happy and she said she believed his words about her being special to him. Helios smiled, “Good… because it’s true.” He replied and then she suddenly leaned closer to hug him. Helios returned the hug, careful to not spill his wine either and she said she would never be parted from him.

Gods it was almost hard to believe he had done his job so well – she seemed completely infatuated by him, almost as if she had been enchanted… and then she suddenly asked if he would marry her, although she didn’t think slaves could.

“If their masters allow it, slaves can marry.” Helios said with a smile, reaching for her hand. This was a huge step – she basically just proposed to him! He tried to imagine Charis’ face if she found out he married her sister. It was a sweet sight. And she wouldn’t be able to do a thing about it, because he got under Nymphias´ skin a long time ago.

“Why would I not want to marry you, my dove? No woman has ever made me feel the way you do.” He said and inched closer to her, so she could lean against him if she wanted to. He ran his fingers through her pretty blonde hair, “You’re so beautiful.” He said, looking her over. She really was, of course she was, “You know, if I am freed soon… I can make more time for you. I could even ask your master to buy you from him. Then I’d free you and we could be together.”

@Beauty

• Like 1

Nymphias felt a little hope, her heart fluttered, but she was unsure of how her masters would take to her marrying, let alone marrying. That was perhaps a question she had to ask someone knowledgeable within the household or, at the very least, hint to. She couldn’t imagine herself sitting down Tranquilius, a grown man, old enough to be her father, and asking the question and then asking about babies. Betua? Well, Nymphias wasn’t even going to attempt to reason with the woman, she scared her.

Nymphias melted underneath his touch and blushed even harder now. She smiled so widely that the sides of her lips even hurt. “No man has made you feel the way I have,” she said pleasantly. Months ago, the idea of being bought would have sounded strange to her ears but now it was natural. She felt she was adjusting well to Roman life. She moved so that she could settle lie down next to him and snuggling up close, getting comfortable.

“And I think I would like that a lot,” said Nymphias, feeling at peace amongst the greenery and decorations. Except she didn’t think it, she knew it. It was exactly what she wanted since she was young. To marry and be a mother, she even excelled in everything that made a woman a good wife. Who knew Rome was giving her what she wanted. Still, she wasn’t certain how her master would take to her being bought, let alone married, but she believed everything would work out. After all, Erea was still alive so good things were clearly coming.

Her hand then reached to take a hold of one of his hands, squeezing it. “When we become husband and wife,” she said because she believed it. “Will we have to…?” It was obvious what she was asking. She just didn’t have the heart to say it so candidly. How did Zia put it? Be with a man? “Be with each other? I don’t mean like what we are doing now but… joined like we’re one.”

@Atrice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gods she was too sweet, it was hard to not just kiss her heatedly and make her his, completely. Everyone else had Helios… but Nymphias, she was his and his alone. He liked spending time with her, her innocence and freshness enchanted him and made him long for her. Which wasn’t a bad thing, when you were seducing someone like this. She blushed when he basically admitted he’d marry her and that no woman had made him feel the way he felt about her. Which was true. And she returned his sentence with a huge smile. How could he not adore that?

He then suggested that if he was freed, he could attempt to buy her and then he would free her… and they could be together. She liked that idea of course and then she took her hand, squeezed it and suddenly she stumbled over the words, basically asking if they would have to have sex. But she didn’t know the right words, she was so innocent. So pure. Why did that make him want her so badly? When she said such things in such a way, he felt he longed for her more. At the same time, her question was amusing to him, because he did this for a living. But she didn’t know that.

“Of course we will.” Helios said and leaned closer to her, thinking he'd tease her a bit and see how she would react. See how ready she was. He spoke to her with a lower voice, close to her ear, as if it was a bit secret, “And I can’t wait for that to happen… to satisfy you, to give you pleasure in a way you can’t even imagine… my love…” He nipped at her jawline with his lips and then pulled back, looking at her a bit curiously, “Why do you ask?”

@Beauty

• Like 1

As he spoke close to her ear, Nymphias’ cheeks turned as red as apples and shivers were sent down her spine. Pleasure? Nymphias had very little clue on how that worked exactly, always understanding it to be what one felt in the heart, but had heard pleasure in the sentences of those describing the act of love-making. She was at a ripe age where she took most things at face value.

“Of course we will” had told her that, yes, they would lay with one another when husband and wife. She believed it would happen and so, if that was the case, she did not see any harm in them being together in that way, even now. She was indeed nervous, mainly because she was inexperienced. But Erea had done it with her husband, she knew that much, and survived. She could too. She felt his lips against her jaw and giggled, it tickled against her skin but the feeling excited the butterflies in her stomach and made her heart beat quickly.

“Because…,” she said, her voice quieting, a little nervous, it was nothing of the like that she had done before, that much was certain, but she knew one thing: that she loved Helios. He had waited, been nothing but kind and truthful, helped her while she had been sad in Rome, and she believed they were now going to be husband and wife. It was all the more reason to give herself to him. He would be the first and certainly the only man, she thought. “I want to be with you, Helios.” She sat upright so she faced him properly, looking him into the eyes she often got lost in. She never knew one could feel so much until she had gotten to know Helios. “I mean, the way that husbands and wives are. Because I love you very much, I have told you many times but… I want to show you. That’s why I ask.”

@Atrice

• Like 1

Helios knew exactly how to give pleasure and to all types of people. It would be easy with Nymphias, she was fresh as morning-dew and he would barely have to touch her to send her over the edge and into a land where she would worship him for making her feel like that. She already worshipped him. But it could be deeper; she could be his, even more. And he wanted her to be. He wanted her and he wanted her to be his. It was true what he said; no woman had ever made him feel like that before! If she knew how much he longed for her and what a sacrifice it was to not just flop her onto her back… but that would ruin it all.

She blushed when he spoke so close to hear ear and nipped at her jaw, she giggled and he wondered why she asked if they would have to be joined – or, have sex, as others would put it. She replied with a small voice, a bit nervous, that she wanted to be with him and then she sat upright, met his eyes and she said she loved him and wanted to show him.

His heart was beating so fast too and he took her hand in his, “I want to be with you too, Nymphias. You know…” He trailed off, as if this was a new idea and he wasn’t sure about it, “If we are going to marry, someday… if you are so sure that you love me… why should we not be together, as if we already were husband and wife?” He asked her, meeting her eyes again, “I long for you, my love. I think about how it will be with you. What it will make you feel and how much closer we will be after. Do you want that too?” Maybe she did. Maybe she was finally giving into him and giving herself to him. Helios did want it more than anything.

@Beauty

• Like 2