"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make things awkward," Teutus said, though it was his father who'd done that. Tertius asked for Caecina's forgiveness, though, which wasn't quite an apology, but was as close to being one as Teutus had ever heard his father come. 

He wondered for a moment how much of the awkwardness was his own fault; if he'd styled himself 'Tertius Quinctilius Teutus' it would have been obvious he was a freedman and the question would never have been asked. 

"Wine, and other luxuries - and necessities," he said. "Things that people need and want that can't be produced in Italia, or not in the quantities people consume. Wine from Hispania and Gallia, olive oil too, papyrus from Aegyptus." 

Maybe even spices too, though he would have to enquire into that. There was plenty he could do, as a young man who was accustomed to keeping records and accounts. 

@Echo @Atrice I'm sorry, it's been a shockingly long time since I was tagged!

• Like 2

"Oh, no, do please forgive me," Caecina said with some passion. "I have put my foot in my mouth, as it were." She chuckled a little at herself. "Those all sound like wonderful things to trade. And you would get to see the empire as well - I believe that would be a fine occupation."

@Atrice @Sharpie My apologies, folks! 

• Like 1