Sara

Theo did not want to be pitied for his loss of fortune. He valued learning more than he valued money, and although living in comfort would have been very nice, he liked healing people, and learning more about the human body. Even if it was strange to an outsider like Didia, he was content with his calling in life.

"Do you never sometimes think of working as a medicus for the rich?... I mean, surely the nobles of Rome would be crying out for medici who actually know what they're doing..."

Theo chuckled. The thought had crossed his mind before, when he arrived to Rome, but he had been lacking the connections to make something like that happen. Then, later on, after knowing Justinia, he'd considered it again, so that he could have enough money to help her, but it never really came to anything.

"And I know a few noblemen who served in the legions, well...I know their slaves, from my deliveries. I'm sure they'd be delighted to have a medicus who served in the legions as their personal physician? I could introduce you if you want but...then again, you do so much good work here...it would be a shame to give it up just for some more money..." 

"It would, wouldn't it" Theo chuckled, shaking his head as Didia talked herself out of her own great idea before he had a chance to "Truth be told, some more money would be nice. But I like the work here. I'm helping people who need a good medicus... and I'm learning a lot in the process. I doubt serving in a noble household would be this versatile... unless they are a very reckless family." he added with a grin.

@Sara

• Haha 1

Didia smiled at him with a twinkle in her hazel eyes. "You're a good man Theo. An honourable man." She smiled softly, there was no teasing in her voice this time. She'd known very few good men - most in her corner of Rome would sooner rob you than treat you with kindness. Theo was a breath of fresh air - even if life had knocked him about a bit, he still came up smiling. Or...maybe not smiling, but not grimacing at the very least. 

She let the silence settle between them for a moment and smiled softly at him, feeling a funny sort of tugging in the pit of her stomach. She tried to brush it off and ducked her head as as she jumped from the table so he wouldn't see the very faint blush on her cheeks. Gods Didia, get it together. "I had better go wrangle my brother and get him home before he decides to do something stupid." Knowing her younger sibling it was probably too late for that. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and arched a brow up at him. "And do not eat all that at once," She glanced down pointedly at the basket, "Am I understood Theo?" 

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

"I had better go wrangle my brother and get him home before he decides to do something stupid."

"Yes, please do tell them not to pet the gladiators without permission" Theo chuckled standing up too to walk Didia to the door. It had been nice to take a break and have a conversation with her, but she probably had a lot more errands to run for the rest of the day.

"And do not eat all that at once. Am I understood Theo?" 

"Yes, domina. Loud and clear." he nodded, grinning as she walked out the door. He would probably eat the honey cakes with alarming speed, but she did not have to be there to see that. "Have a nice day, Didia. I'll see you at the insula."

It always brightened his day when he did.

@Sara

• Haha 1