Tricky Timing

Atrice

August, 75AD – the morning after One Night in Rome and A Little Help

Had it been a late night last night? Possibly. Not that Alexius ever knew what time it was, but he knew that some mornings he was better rested than others. Funny though, the mornings when he was not quite rested were also the mornings where he felt most satisfied. Possibly because he had woken up next to someone gorgeous and lovely and that made him feel good. This morning was no different from so many others, in that regard. So far though, he was well asleep in his own bed with an arm around another warm body. Behind another curtain in the other end of the small insula was Lexus, sleeping too. It was warm and quiet.

Then there was a knocking on the door and being a former gladiator had turned Alexius into a light sleeper, when it came to such things. He woke up and sat up. There was another careful knock on the door. He looked towards the small window and could see the sun shining outside. Alright so it wasn’t night, at least. He reached for his tunica, dropped on the floor near the bed and dragged it over his head. Who in the name of Hades was knocking on their door while everyone were still sleeping? He cast a glance to the bed, before leaving it and slipping around the curtain blocking the view from his bed. There were no doors in this insula, after all.

Soon enough he was at the door and opened it, although slowly and only enough to see who was outside. And that caught him by surprise! “Didia…” He said, looking at her, something was definitely off here. It was a bit awkward with the timing though, with both Lexus and his one-night-stand sleeping inside... “Are you alright?”

@Sara

Edited by Atrice
  • Haha 1

Didia bit her lip, her hand hovering over the door. She pulled it back and then had a stern talking to herself. Get it together Didia, what is the creep going to do? She groaned and then before she lost her nerve, knocked hard on his door. It was still blisteringly early; she'd helped load the carts down at the warehouse but had let Appius do the deliveries with her mother, citing 'women's problems'. Her mother had quirked an eyebrow in suspicion but didn't press further, and Didia had made her way home. Instead of disturbing her sleeping father, she had paused outside of her neighbours door, mulling over Theo's words. 

There was no answer, and no noise the other side of the door,  but she persisted - knocking again until she could hear somebody shuffle about behind the door. She stood back, relieved and as the door cracked open and Alexius appeared, she smiled a little. "I'm fine, I'm fine." She said - although her smile didn't quite meet her eyes and she stood awkwardly. Fortunately the deep cut on her chest was concealed by her tunica, and the one at her neck could be perceived as a scratch. "Can...we talk? For a moment?" She made a move to enter his insula but noted he looked a bit surprised. "Unless...you were in the middle of...something? It can wait!" 

TAG: @Atrice

• Like 1

What was Didia doing here, and at this hour? Ever the optimist, Alexius could of course hope she came for him, but for some reason, it didn’t seem to be the case. Something was off, but he didn’t quite gather what it was yet. She smiled faintly at him, but it did not reach her eyes. Something was definitely off… she said she was fine but Alexius didn’t believe it. There were only two reasons why a lovely woman like her would come knocking on his door at an odd hour like this. And since the smile did not reach her eyes, the first option was not the case.

Then she asked if she could talk to him, but was soon about to back out of her idea again, “Of course we can talk…” He glanced over his shoulder. All curtains were still drawn and there were no sounds of anyone else getting up. On the other hand, this seemed urgent and while the curtains offered some privacy, it was not the same as a door.

“Is it something private?” He kind of sensed it was, “Because I’d love to invite you in, but we wouldn’t exactly be alone. I mean, the others are still sleeping, but we only have curtains around the beds…”  

@Sara

• Like 1

Didia watched him glance over his shoulder with a quizzical frown. Presumably Lexus was in there, he hadn't knocked on her door today for a quiet nights sleep as he sometimes did when his father, Alexius, brought...guests over, but what she had to say could be said to Lexus as well. He might have some good advice himself, he was a sage young man. But the multiple 'others' caught her attention and then realisation dawned on her about what he meant. Ah Alexius. She offered a grin and shook her head. 

"It's fine, I can whisper so as not to wake up your...friend." She chuckled and shifted where she stood. She glanced over her shoulder - the building was quiet but her neighbours had a very firm habit of eavesdropping and she wanted to get off of the landing. "I'd rather not talk about it out here, if that's alright. I promise I'll be quiet." She offered again, hoping he'd agree. Didia was't some blushing virgin, she'd been married and had a lover since her divorce (not that anybody knew about it and it had finished, without much fanfare, some months ago), she didn't feel awkward at Alexius' choices, she just wanted to get out of the corridor!

• Like 1

She grinned when he mentioned the others were still sleeping, but then said she could whisper and not wake up his friend. Alexius grinned, “Friend… well if you prefer that term…” He replied with a wink, while she already somehow seemed in a better mood. But then she also glanced over her shoulder and said she’d rather not talk in the hallway and she could be quiet. It somehow still seemed so urgent though and who was he if he sent her away, when she came to speak to him like this?

“Alright.” Alexius opened the door to let her in. He’d just tossed his dark crimson tunica over his head, that’s all he wore. The place was quiet still. Alexius closed the door once Didia was inside, while thinking she’d never been in their very humble home before. He hurried over to the window by the table and opened the hatch to let in some early daylight.

“Do you want anything, while you’re here? Wine, bread, a hug… me?” He asked quietly, but with a smile, while offering her a seat by the table underneath the window. Of course he knew it was not likely she came to do anything but talk, but he could offer a warm embrace or a shoulder too, if that's what she needed. He couldn't quite guess what was wrong though, but he was curious.

@Sara

• Haha 1

Didia chuckled and then entered the room as he let her in. She didn't think he needed to be embarrassed, she'd seen inside plenty of apartments since living in the block and had lived in a similar one-room place when she had been married. It amused her, sometimes, to think  of the great and the good of Rome trying to manage in a place like this. They'd immediately burst into tears, she was sure, whereas she found the slightly rickety walls and darkness comforting, homely. 

She laughed a little at his offer and had to stifle it with a hand over her mouth. She whispered as she took a seat, "Ever the opportunist, aren't you Alexius?" She liked him - with his easy charm, and plain speaking. It made a change from the wheeler-dealer types she met sometimes who were all full of flowery words and double meanings. It was admirable to see a man who knew what he wanted, and asked for it. Even if she politely declined; "I'll pass this time, but thank you all the same", she was still smiling as she whispered. 

She continued in a hushed voice, "No...no I came about your work, actually. I..." She winced, how to start? "I was...attacked, last night," She held up a hand to stop him before he could interject, "I'm fine, I'm fine, don't worry...I just...wanted to know if you could help find somebody, or...be on the look out? I can pay!" Although not much...

• Like 1

Alexius had lived many places in his life – as a child in the dormitory with the other slaves, then onto the ludus with the gladiators and then he was suddenly lanista and living a more luxurious life than ever before. After that, he lived in a small home like this with his wife, after they’d been to Germania and back. And after they divorced, he lived here and there and with the people he worked for. Living with Oriana had been quite nice and luxurious too, but now he was here, with Lexus. Humble, but it was what he could afford for now. And it was good enough.

After he’d opened the window he offered her a seat and anything she’d want while she was here – and yes, at least he was honest about what he wanted, wasn’t he? She teased him and he smiled, “Why shouldn’t I be?” He just said, but she didn’t seem to want anything and he sat down next to her and she continued talking in a low, but hushed voice.

Said she came about his work and then that she’d been attacked. Alexius tensed and sat straight almost immediately, she was attacked? Sweet Didia? What the fuck?! But before he had a chance to say that out loud, she held up a hand said she was fine, but she needed help.

“Sure, I… of course I’ll help. One moment…” Alexius said and stood, she’d said no to wine, but he could use a drink now. It didn’t matter that it was barely daytime yet. He picked a jar of wine from the shelf and two wooden cups, just in case she’d want one anyway. He set it down on the table and poured for himself. After taking a drink, he looked at her again, “Why were you attacked? How? You look… fine?” His eyes widened as another image dawned on him, had she been raped? A woman could look and act as if she was all fine after such an act (not that he ever performed it), but she wouldn’t feel it and unseen parts of her could be bruised or worse… “Tell me he didn’t… did he?” 

@Sara 

• Like 1

Didia winced at his reaction. In other circumstances his protectiveness would be sweet, but now she just felt...bad. She watched him with wide eyes as he withdrew to get a cup of wine and placed one just in front of her. She didn't dare touch it, she still had a full day of work and she wasn't known for handling her drink well. At his question, she sighed and was about to speak when another came out of nowhere and she blinked. 

Hurriedly she shook her head, "No!" She realised she had spoken loudly and paused to make sure the sound of sleeping and breathing were still audible. When she was satisfied that neither his guest or son had woken up, she continued in a hushed tone, "No, no he didn't he just..." She groaned and placed her head in her hands, "I was an idiot and followed him into an alley because I wanted money, he owed me and...well..." She fiddled with the material of her tunic, nervous and embarrassed, "And he pulled a knife...he just wanted to cut me." She swallowed the bile in her throat. 

• Like 1

Alexius was usually a very friendly and approachable person – he preferred that people around him felt good in his company. But he also cared for his friends, who were anything from former gladiators and slaves he knew, former and current lovers, people he shared a good drink or brawl with, former people he’d worked with. And neighbors, of course! He could not (yet) count Didia as a former or current lover, nor anyone he’d worked with or shared a good drink with, but he lived close to her and he kind of felt she knew him and he knew her, by now. They ran into each other in the hallway, after all. And he knew Lexus knew her well too.

So why should he not be upset when he learned that lovely Didia was attacked in the dark of the night and now wanted his help with her attacker? Alexius was known to lose his temper when it mattered, and it did now! That’s why he wanted the drink, perhaps it would calm him? Who in their right mind would attack someone as sweet and friendly as Didia? And then he feared what had happened to her, since she looked fine to him, but clearly wasn’t.

She shook her head at his suggestion, she knew what he meant and she exclaimed rather loudly before realizing what she did. Alexius thought he heard someone turn in his bed, but focused on Didia and his drink, which he tasted while she continued talking, explaining what happened. She blamed herself and he agreed, she should not have followed a stranger into an alley, but then the man had wanted to cut her. She seemed nervous, afraid…

“He just wanted to cut you?” Alexius asked, that sounded too weird, but then again, who in their right mind would do something to her? This one clearly was not in their right mind!

“Did he, then? How badly? Did you see someone… Theo?” He knew the medicus from the ludus had moved in here too, after the earthquake and he was quite sure Didia had made friends with him too. She’d make friends with anyone. But that man who attacked her, he would surely not live to befriend anyone or see another day, if Alexius should ever find him!

@Sara

• Like 1

Didia nodded mutely at his question, before remembering herself and mumbling; "Yep...he...seemed to enjoy it, the freak." She folded her arms defensively across her chest as if to protect herself from the memory. What sort of sick fuck took pleasure from that?

She nodded and again and unfolded one hand, gesturing loosely to the healing cut on her neck and then her chest; "He did, only a little at my throat...there's a deeper one on my chest but Theo stitched it for me, good egg that he is." She chuckled. She sighed and then moved to lay her head on the table, letting out a groan at her own stupidity; "I was such an absolute idiot Alexius, and I have absolutely no idea who he is, which makes it so much worse. What if he's some Senator or somebody important? He could find me," She raised her head and looked at him a little imploringly, "And then what? I'm just a pleb, I don't matter to anybody." 

• Sad 1

It really wasn't fair that someone as kind and friendly and openminded as Didia was attacked by such a freak. It was true, that's what he was. A freak or a beast, Alexius thought to himself. She said the man had even seemed to enjoy cutting her and since that's all he had wanted to do with her, Alexius believed it. Because if you were a man and up to no good, and you cornered a beautiful woman and then all you'd do was cut her? Then you definitely had to get some kind of kick out of it. It was sick, really. He shook his head and downed some more wine, watching her seem so protective of herself and then she gestured to where the man had hurt her. On her throat and her chest. She explained Theo had stitched it and Alexius nodded, "He is rather good at that. He stitched me up too once." He said with a little smile, at least it was something they had in common now, although it wasn't a good thing that she had to be stitched up. It wasn't fair.

Then she sighed and laid her head on the table and complained again about how much of an idiot she'd been and she didn't know the man's name. She wanted Alexius' help though, so that kind of information was useful. Before he could ask into it though, she said something more and Alexius put a hand on hers, "Don't say that, Didia. Of course you matter. To your family. To your friends. To me." Alexius said firmly, hoping such words would matter to her and that it mattered that he thought she mattered to him - because she did. How could she not?

"But he won't do anything if I can help it. Let's see what we can learn." He said thoughtfully, "What makes you think he might be a Senator? Do you remember how he was dressed? Did he have anything with him but the knife?" 

@Sara

• Like 1

She smiled sadly as he placed a had on hers. "You're sweet," She managed a dry chuckle, "I know, I know, I've just never been such a bloody idiot before and now I..." Now she was thoroughly shaken but didn't quite know how to fix it. But that's why she was here, and Alexius was already proving his worth as he posed his questions. 

"He..." She frowned and leant back in her chair, causing it to creak. She winced and made sure the two other inhabitants were still sleeping before she carried on, "He wasn't dressed very finely, but he had a bag with him...it's how it all happened. He dropped a vial of something from his bag, a glass vial - expensive, so I followed him and tried to give it back but he put a knife to my throat and then I...pulled my own knife," She winced, it was illegal but what was he going to do? Surely Alexius wouldn't report her for it? "And explained I was returning it and oh!" She exclaimed, "He said it was oil! And expensive! It smelled of lemons...I can't imagine what you'd need lemon scented oil for as a man but..." She shrugged, "He said he had a shop but wouldn't tell me what sort and... then it all went...well...not well." She sighed and leant back again. "Well...you know the rest. And I told him I ran a stall...so he knows that. Gods above, I'm such an idiot, and that's not helped at all, has it?" 

• Like 1

Of course he was sweet, but he was also honest. She mentioned again what an idiot she’d been, to follow that man. That part was true though and now she learned her lesson the hard way. Alexius still couldn’t quite wrap his mind around the idea of someone just wanting to cut and do nothing else to a woman… if you were such a beast anyway, why not go all the way? It just made it even more sick, to him. That man was an idiot too!

Alexius caressed her hand gently with his fingers and tried to focus on what they did know about the man, should he make an attempt to find him. What made her think he was a Senator, for example? Not that Alexius had ever been an investigator, but he could try, for her sake.

She leaned back into the chair and it creaked. Alexius glanced mostly towards his own curtains and thought he heard someone shift and his bed creak too. Didia went on though, explaining how the man had not been dressed very finely, but it didn’t sound like he was poor either. And then she mentioned a bag with a glass vial… and apparently that’s how it all went wrong. But he had put a knife to her throat first? And then she did the same? Alexius was surprised, that she carried a knife, but thought her clever for it too. At least she had something to defend herself with. Not that it had worked in her favor this time, but at least she tried. She paused after that, as if she wasn’t sure what he’d think. Alexius would definitely not report her, he admired her idea, so his answer to that was quite easy… “Do let me know if you want lessons in how to use the knife properly… for anything but cutting food.”

Didia explained further about the vial again, that it had contained a lemon scented oil that had been expensive. She didn’t know what it was for though, but Alexius had an idea. Especially when she went on about the man having a shop. So he carried a knife and a bag with a lemon scented expensive oil, among other things. And he had a shop. There were a few useful pieces of knowledge here, he thought. Could be very useful. Didia had also told the man she ran a stall though, which wasn’t so good.

“It has, actually… it’s narrowed down the field, at least. Did he look like a thermae worker? No… I don’t think he’d be. Those are slaves and they would not carry around expensive oils at night like that. Or have access to knives like that.” Alexius said thoughtfully and downed some more wine while he kept thinking, scratching his chin as he did it. There was a bit of a stubble there, which was actually helpful, “Perhaps he is a professional masseuse or… a barber, perhaps?”

@Sara

• Like 1

Didia glanced up at him. Lessons? Really? She nodded hurriedly, "Yes!" She exclaimed before remembering herself yet again and trying to be quiet, "Yes I'd love lessons. Please." Relieved that he wasn't going to report her for carrying a weapon, she continued her story until he sat back, pondering what she'd said.

She nodded along with his train of thought, "He didn't look like a slave, no board or anything round his neck, and he had a shop..." She bit at her lip, trying to work it out with a frown as Alexius ran through suggestions. "Maybe? I don't know...I've never met a barber," She shrugged, "What would he use the lemon for though? I suppose..." She narrowed her eyes, "I suppose he would have access to knives, wouldn't he? And an excuse to carry them in the city..." This was interesting. 

A voice from behind the curtain made Didia jump, "And if he's a sadistic fucker that likes blood, he can cut them when he shaves them and say it was an accident." The woman, Alexius' bedmate, appeared through the curtain with a grin and arched a brow at the two of them, "I'm not interrupting, I hope?" 

Hope it's okay I brought his 'friend' in to help crack the case hehe!

• Like 1

Why would he report her? Did he look or act like the kind of guy who’d sell his friends for cash or less? No, he would definitely not do that. What he would do, was teach her how to wield the knife properly. Sure it was a different thing than a sword, a spear or even a gladius, but it was good to know how to use it properly anyway. Of course she knew the basics, stick the pointy end into the other person, but her attacker clearly knew more. She seemed excited when he offered the lessons and said she’d love to have them, “Well we’ll find time for that then.” Alexius promised her and then he had mused about whom her attacker might be, based on her description.

She confirmed the man probably was not a slave and said again he mentioned the shop. But she didn’t know of course, if Alexius’ idea of a barber was true and she had no idea what the oil was for. The idea made sense though and Alexius was about to explain the thing with the oils for her, when his ladyfriend of the night suddenly appeared. At least she bothered to put on her chiton, although she’d not tied a belt yet or done her hair or anything. The chiton was loose and light and lovely on her.

Apparently she heard a lot of the conversation and seemed to agree with Alexius’ own conclusion. He grinned at her, “I don’t know… it is kind of private. What do you think Didia?” He asked Didia, this was her issue after all. He glanced the other way, Lexus might wake now too… but then he looked at the woman, recalling her name might be Galla or something like it... “How much have you heard?

@Sara

Didia arched a brow at the woman and then gave Alexius a deadpan glance before rolling her eyes dramatically. "It's fine," She waved a hand and gestured for the woman to pull up a stool, "As long as you don't tell my bloody parents." She muttered and the woman chuckled, shaking her head, "No need to worry about that love." Didia was no prude, and Alexius wasn't the only one to have had a tryst before, and so Didia didn't really bat an eyelid at the way the woman coyly draped a hand over her neighbours shoulder. As far as Didia was concerned, the more heads on this issue the better, just as long as her family didn't find out. 

The woman shrugged at Alexius, "I've heard enough. But..." The woman squinted and reached to take the untouched cup of wine in front of Didia, taking a sip and replacing it on the table, "If he's such a sick fuck that he likes to cut girls, you won't be the only one he's done it to. You thought about asking around the back streets or the whores?" Didia arched a brow. She...hadn't thought of that. She briefly considered whether the woman herself was a sex worker, but a cursory glance at her nice chiton and her posh-enough accent suggested that she wasn't. She wondered if she'd ever get an introduction, and pre-emptively she smiled; "I'm Didia by the way...and that's a good idea." 

• Like 1

It was maybe a tiny bit weird to have Didia here, while his latest bedmate of the night had also awoken. Not that Alexius was usually shy about such things and Didia definitely also knew that he took his conquests home, but… one thing was to know, another was to present it right before her eyes. He liked Didia, she was fun and kind and pretty and he was quite sure Didia knew all this and that he would not mind seeing her in a less dressed state. But she was in trouble now, which only made him care more and at the same time, it made this situation more awkward. He didn’t want her to think less of him. He tried not to show it though and Galla certainly wasn’t shy either.

Didia gave Alexius a look and rolled her eyes, said it was fine as long as her parents were kept out of it. Galla slid down on the bench next to Alexius and shared her own thoughts on the whole matter. She suggested the man who harmed Didia had done it before and you should ask whores and the like about it.

“I can do that for you, so you don’t have to think so much about it.” Alexius said to Didia, who then introduced herself to his companion, “Oh… this is Galla. At least that’s what you told me.” He looked at the woman with a grin and she nodded, “That’s all you need to know, loverboy.”

“If you say so… you know where I live anyway.” Alexius replied with a wink, but it faded when he looked at Didia again, “I’ll definitely make sure to look out for your attacker. And you’ll make sure to tell me when you have time for me to teach you a little bit about self-defense.”

@Sara

• Like 1

Didia chuckled and placed her jaw in her palm, stifling a yawn. "Well I thank you both." She inclined her head in their directions, "And if you wouldn't mind speaking to the ladies of the night, I'd be grateful - I'm not sure I can charm them like you." She offered a little grin. She was sure with his charisma, her neighbour had never paid for the pleasure a day in his life, and would be better suited to asking around the girls than Didia. Who was going to let her into a brothel, after all? 

She watched their little interaction with amusement, and retreated her arms to wind around her waist, letting out a little sigh as she did so.

"Thank you, I mean it." And she did - sincerely. She glanced at Alexius with big, earnest eyes. "I can be free in the evenings, after cena." She nodded and flexed her fingers against her waist, "For the training I mean." Galla glanced between them and arched a brow, but didn't interrupt. "But...wouldn't we need to go somewhere secret to practice? What if your son sees here?" She added in a low whisper.

• Like 1

Alexius noted how Didia yawned and felt bad for her again. She’d had a rough night and now she was so afraid and worried, that she came knocking on his door early in the morning. She thanked them though, for their thoughts and said she’d be grateful if Alexius would speak to the ladies of the night and said he could charm them, “I’m sure I can. I’ll get to it tonight.” Although maybe he should start by talking to Lucilla, because she might have some good contacts to get in touch with. Yes, he’d do that.

He told Didia to make sure to tell him when she had time for self-defense and she thanked him and said she could be free for training in the evenings. Galla gave them some looks but Didia ignored her and his lovely bedmate glanced thoughtfully out the window and stood again, slipping back into Alexius’ bedroom behind the curtain once more, where she rummaged around. Alexius focused on Didia though, because she needed attention.

“Evenings sounds good with training. I can find a location, no problem. Not that I’d mind Lexus watching, he could honestly use some training too. He just doesn’t seem so interested…” Alexius added lower voice and a small sigh, glancing towards the curtains surrounding his son’s bed. Sometimes it was a bit hard to have become father to a teenage son just like that, and a son who appeared quite different from himself too, “Anyway… that just makes more time for you…” He began and then Galla appeared again, now fully dressed and with her palla over her head to hide that her hair probably hadn’t been done good.

“I think I better leave you two to it…” She said and walked over to Alexius, running her fingers through his hair before she leaned down and gave him a lingering kiss on his cheek just next to his lips. Then she stood with a little satisfied smile, “Maybe we’ll see each other again sometime?” She looked at Didia, “Good luck finding that attacker… I sure won’t forget the story either! If I hear anything… I’ll let Alexius know.” She promised and then she strolled towards the door, “Maybe another time… stay safe, Galla.” Alexius replied to her with a smile and then she was out the door and he could focus on Didia again, with a slightly awkward smile, but it soon faded, "So... training tonight then?" 

@Sara

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 1

Didia steered well clear of the conversation as Galla excused herself with an intimate farewell to Alexius. "Thank you!" She called after the other woman as she strode to the door, inclining her head in genuine thanks. This was a benefit of being poor, Didia always thought. Everybody - for the most part - was in this together. She'd heard stories from the slaves of the fancy senatorial houses she delivered to that they spent their lives sniping and back-stabbing (sometimes literally) other Senators. She couldn't imagine a life like that. No, when one was poor, people actually helped one another out - actually had friends. It was a much better way to live, she thought, even if they didn't have any riches to go with it.

At Alexius' question she stopped her musing, and turned to face him with a determined nod. "Yes, yes that would be good - after Cena?" She could probably slip away before, but it was less suspicious to say she was visiting friends after their evening meal than before. The last thing she wanted was her parents catching on. "I'll come here and we can go somewhere more private?" She gestured her head at the curtains shielding poor Lexus from their conversation. "Do I need to bring anything?" She'd bring him some coins as payment, but obviously not tell him until she did. Much like Theo, she suspected her neighbour would refuse payment unless it was literally forced into his hand. 

• Like 1

Galla was soon gone, which made the situation a tiny bit less weird with Didia. At least they were alone, or well, almost, because Lexus was still breathing loudly in his own sleep and dreams. Alexius awkwardly moved on with the conversation, turning back to their idea of him training Didia a bit in self-defense and how to use a knife properly. Didia looked after Galla for a few moments, but then suggested they would do it tonight after the late meal in the day.

Alexius nodded, “That sounds good to me.” He replied with a smile and Didia went on how she could come here and they’d go somewhere more private. Of course. Alexius could easily find a more private spot… Didia had gestured towards Lexus’ bed though and Alexius nodded and smiled slightly, so she didn’t want to disturb his son despite this just being training and nothing more. Or what? If she needed comfort and to think about something else for a little while, he would happily offer it.

Did she need to bring anything? “Just your lovely self, perhaps wear something easy to move in, if you can? And the… knife.” He said in a lower voice, “Just so I know what you’re using to defend yourself with…”

@Sara

• Like 1

Didia nodded at his instructions. What was easy to move in? All she owned were long tunicas - practical and serviceable for her job, but hardly a pair of breeches...she'd just have to make do, she supposed. And she nodded as he lowered his voice to mention the knife. 

"Yes, yes I will...but you better not laugh at it." She managed a weak smile. It was only a little thing, small enough to be very easily concealed in the palm of her hand but hardly a dagger capable of much damage. She pushed hair behind her ear, and sighed. "I should leave you," She arched a brow and then lowered her voice to a whisper with a little grin, "You should clean yourself up before your son gets up...poor boy, he's probably traumatised hearing you and the lovely Galla." She chuckled although it sounded a little hoarse in her throat. 

• Like 1

Didia nodded, when he told her what to wear and so on - and then he lowered his voice, telling her to bring the knife she had too, just so he knew what she had to use for a fight. She said she would bring it, but he should not laugh at it. Alexius arched a brow at her little smile, "Why would I? If it's all you got..." He replied in a friendly tone and then she sighed and said she ought to leave. She then told him to clean up before Lexus woke and mentioned Alexius' night with Galla, while she chuckled.

"I doubt it. I don't think we were that loud anyway?" Honestly though, he wasn't sure. Maybe Galla was a little bit loud, but it was pleasure, so what could he do? If moaning was part of how you enjoyed it, why shouldn't you moan? Alexius definitely wouldn't stop anyone. 

"But I guess getting clean would be a good idea. I hope you'll be alright until tonight? Else you know where to find me. You're always welcome." Alexius promised Didia, before she took her leave with a promise for returning after Cena in the evening. Once she was gone, Alexius went to lie down for a few moments, maybe a ilttle longer, before he got up to get himself ready for the day and also wake up Lexus, so the youth could get to work. He decided it was best to just not mention Didia and the attack on her, Lexus seemed fond of their neighbor and he didn't want his son to worry too much. Eventually they'd both get on the day, but Alexius would of course be ready for Didia later.

@Sara

FINISHED

• Like 1