Clumsy cleanse

Liv

"If you put it near the window, even one window should be enough," Davus said, wishing he had Florus here to help with the gardening talk - he just watered what plants he was told, when he was told to do it, and followed instructions when it came to everything else. He didn't really have much skill or knowledge when it came to plants, he'd never needed to know how to look after them.

"I mean, you probably can come to visit, but I'm likely to be busy and not get the time to talk with you and so there isn't much point you coming to see me, is there? If I come to see you, we'll both know I've got the time," he said - the chances were very high indeed that he'd be waiting on his master or one of the other members of his family if Artemon or anyone else called at the house. Davus' time wasn't his own, after all, he was there to do whatever tasks he was set by the master at whatever time the master chose to set them.

He followed Artemon's sketch as best he could, though it wasn't too hard, and he was used to memorising things. "I don't know when I'll next have time off, but I'll try to come and see you," he said, thinking that his new friend was equally likely to be busy unless Davus came round in the evening.

"I should probably be heading back," he added, looking up to the sky to try to judge what the time was and whether he was going to be missed soon.

@Liv