Aeterna Roma RPG

Chris' (Updated) Plotter

Hey all! After taking some time to find that spark again (and lighten my character load), I'm finally ready to see what's out there for plots. Take a gander at my characters/ideas, and let me know if anything sounds enticing!

LUCIUS JUNIUS SILANUS

• Background: Adopted son (biological nephew) of Decimus Silanus, who was most-well known for defeating a pirate threat, and launching the second wave of invasions in Britannia against Eppitacos (where he was ultimately killed in battle). Lucius grew up accustomed to death and chaos, and has not had an easy life since Decimus' death.
  • Recent Developments: After returning from several campaigns in Britannia, Lucius spent the majority of his inherited wealth to rebuild the family estate (that had been destroyed in the riots years earlier). Not much longer, he was embroiled in a legal battle against his paternal cousin over the rightful claim to the land where the estate was built. He ultimately lost the battle, his home, and his wealth. In a fit of rage he set fire to the home and was arrested for arson.
  • Current Situation: With the help of his former commander Longinus, Lucius was able to escape punishment for arson, and found his way back into military service. He is currently in Syria commanding an auxiliary regiment of Britons (irony).

• Looking For: I'm really open to pretty much anything. I plan on having Lucius in the east for a while, but would love to do back in time threads, or letters, etc.

EPPITACOS

• Background: Former "king" of the Britons, and warleader of the Brigantes, Eppitacos was the courageous (and almost successful) leader of the Britons against the second Roman invasion led by Decimus Silanus. He was eventually betrayed by his betrothed, Ysulda of the Brigantes, and sent to Rome a slave. Instead of being executed, he was spared by Quintus Caesar who made him into an entertainer in the colosseum.
  • Recent Developments: Eppitacos spent over a decade fighting in the area and became so beloved for his fighting style and theatrics that he gained a great deal of popularity and fanfare within the city. That all came to an end when the lanista in charge of him - Albinus - married none other than Ysulda - Epp's back-stabbing betrothed. Long story short, Epp was set to receive his freedom, but Ysulda orchestrated an attack on Epp that required his sword arm be amputated, and almost took his life.
  • Current Situation: After the attack, instead of being freed, Epp was sold by Caesar to a Vestal named Calpurnia. Eventually freed, Epp found himself apprenticed to a blacksmith (and former fan) who fashioned a prosthetic arm of sorts for him.

• Looking For: Epp is used more as a delivery man for his master (in the trade sense), and is out and about the city delivering various metalwork items, so he can run across or meet anyone. I imagine he might have popularity with some - while others think that he was just killed and have mostly forgotten about him.

I'd really like to get him connected with other Britons (or slaves in general). He has a growing passion to help his fellow Britons in the city, and be the leader they need. That could grow into a freedom sort of thing maybe. Not sure yet, but I'm open!

Alright. The book is finished. If you'd like to plot, just let me know!