Aeterna Roma RPG

A day for Neptune

She hit out at his  hand almost immediately, like a cat playing with a ball. "Get off!" she squealed as if the prospect of losing her now only source of warmth was the most terrifying thing in the world. 

"I don't see you offering to buy me a silk cloak," She retorted with a good natured grin - feeling a little less awkward now as the moments ticked on, "But if you'd like to - you can have this one. Else you'll be freezing to death before the sun goes down." She could have offered to share the cloak - and even with no other undertone, the prospect of somebody else's body warmth was enticing for her base, cold instincts, but doing something like that was so far across the line she couldn't even contemplate it for longer than a second. 

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

She batted his hand away as he had expected. No one really paid any attention to them. People were splashing and playing and celebrating all over the place.

"I don't see you offering to buy me a silk cloak. But if you'd like to - you can have this one. Else you'll be freezing to death before the sun goes down."

"I'll be fine" he smiled, settling back. He was cold, but he was alright. She was the one in a very... thin, soaked dress. He cleared his throat.

"I think I see your litter heading his way"

• Like 1

She watched him as he settled down. Eyes skirting over his chest and then settling on his face, studying him with an intense gaze just for a moment. How had she never noticed he had freckles before? She blinked and turned her face away - blinking as he said her litter was approaching. 

He was right, and she felt relief and sadness in equal measure. As she had done that first time she'd met Lucius. She swallowed again and moved to stand. Her teeth were chattering and she could see the look of concern on her slave's face from here as she hurried forward. Before she reached them though, Ovinia cast a lingering glance down at Lucius. "Thanks. For..." She screwed her face up, trying to think of the word, "Another unforgettable meeting, Lucius Vipsanius Roscius." 

TAG: @Chevi

• Haha 1

The litter arrived, with some very concerned looking slaves. Ovinia had been in their charge for the trip, and they would get an earful for returning her wet. They did not seem like they appreciated Neptunalia at all.

"You're welcome, princess" Lucius smiled, waving her goodbye under the crossfire of glares from the slaves. "Feel free to blame me for everything."

Maybe she already did. He'd get an earful too, from Gaius, if he found out. And yet, he did not seem to mind.

• Like 1