Slip-up at the Ludus Magnus

Sharpie

"I grew up in Paestum in Campania - Hellas Megara* it was, once, I understand,"

Theo smiled. It was good to talk to someone in Greek, every once in a while. The Romans tended to forget that in many parts of the empire, the Greeks had been there first.

"Thank you, for your kindness. I have to get back before my master starts looking for me."

"Be careful" Theo nodded, offering a hand to help Rufus stand "Take your time, and try to rest your leg as much as you can. And come see me again" he added with a smile. "Whether you are injured or not."

It was nice to make new friends, every once in a while.

@Sharpie

• Like 1

Rufus accepted the hand, catching his lip between his teeth as the throbbing of his ankle reasserted itself, though it was duller now that it was strapped up and he'd had some wine to take the edge off.

"I will try to," he said, hoping that he wouldn't be needed for anything too onerous when he reached home. "And I will, when I can. Thank you very much for your help."

It had been a pleasant conversation with a nice man that Rufus wouldn't mind getting to know a little better; he hadn't been at all disdainful once he discovered Rufus' position in society, unlike the way that some people would react, even if Rufus was connected with the Imperial family. It had been a pleasant break from the realities of his day-to-day life - even though it had been caused by a sprained ankle that was going to give him grief on his way back up to the Palatine.

@Chevi

• Like 1