She smiled slightly, only the very corner of her mouth lifting into a smirk as Alexius corrected her father. Good for him. Her father nodded, grinning from ear to ear; "Yes. Yes you do that and get your employer to write you a reference as well, they'll know what it is." As if Alexius wouldn't. She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. "Got to make sure everything is as it should be, and your present mast-" he stopped himself from saying 'master' with a cough and a smile, "Employer is happy with your performance before I let you loose with my daughter. As I said, she's precious." Because - Ovinia reasoned - she was his only chance of finding a suitable man to bring into the family through marriage. 

"But you should get yourself to bed." He gave Ovinia a paternal look of concern and she nodded, turning her face up to Alexius' with a smile, a genuine one of relief. "Thank you, again, for what you did. You have my sincere gratitude." More than she could really verbalise. Had he not been there then...she blinked such thoughts away. "Aaand, I suppose I'll be seeing you again Alexius." With an irreverent grin she added, "For the games we agreed we'd attend." Probably better to float it in front of her father now so that Alexius could follow up. With another warm smile she left his side and moved to lean up on her toes to kiss her father's cheek. "Father." Before she drifted back to her own rooms for a night of fitful sleep and lectures from her father. 

TAG: @Atrice

• Like 1