A Good Goodbye [M]

Sara

"Yes. Quite. She was quite plain, from what I remember." 

The words made Lucius' lips twist into a frown, but he shook it off. Ovinia was... not plain. She was a lot of things, grating among them, but she was beautiful in her own way, even if not as openly seductive as Vibia. Not that he wanted to argue that point. It didn't matter anyway.

"But you only have me for another few hours. You'll have to find somebody else when you're gone, and if it's not going to be the Patrician Princess, you'll have to find yourself a nice pleb. But don't go to the Elysium. Unless you want your manhood and coin purse to fall off." 

"Well maybe I will find true love, and I won't go to any brothel at all." he grinned. He leaned down, pressing a kiss to her shoulder. No use letting those hours go to waste. "Good thing this is a business arrangement. Otherwise I might have accused you of being jealous."

• Haha 1

Vibia rolled her eyes and shook her head, chuckling. "Ah Lucius, so sweet you still think people like us will find love." She gave him another look as he dropped a kiss to her shoulder. "Mavericks don't get love, mavericks get glory and infamy and such but...not love." She knew that - what was the point in chasing after a concept that was as much of a dream as say...financial security. 

"And me? Jealous?" She grinned and shifted until she was lying under him, "Oh sweetheart. Of course I'm jealous you'll get to go and find some new...cheap woman and leave me to my old Senators and such." She smirked, "Or you know you could bring your pissy patrician girl here. She could pay and I could show her what desire really is." She joked, "Then maybe she'll figure out what she wants." 

TAG: @Chevi

• Like 1

"Ah Lucius, so sweet you still think people like us will find love. Mavericks don't get love, mavericks get glory and infamy and such but...not love."

Glory and infamy. Lucius already had one of those, and the other, hopefully, he would have in a decade or two, if he could prove that he had made the right choice. Or he would be stuck with just the one. But he did not completely agree with Vibia. What was all that freedom worth in the end, if one could not even choose whom to love?...

"And me? Jealous? Oh sweetheart. Of course I'm jealous you'll get to go and find some new...cheap woman and leave me to my old Senators and such. Or you know you could bring your pissy patrician girl here. She could pay and I could show her what desire really is... Then maybe she'll figure out what she wants."

Lucius blinked again, looking down at Vibia, looking all seductive and clever and shameless.

"Ovinia is not my girl."

Well, that sounded wrong.

"And I know what I want." he added, for good measure, leaning down to kiss her shoulder again. Distraction.

• Like 1