When in a Roman bath

Chevi

"I'll do it if you insist but it'll be weird - anyway, I'm pretty sure the attendants here have seen it all before. They're not likely to say anything."

Azarion smirked. At least Jason was not offering a massage. Although the idea of getting one did sound great. He glanced around at the attending slaves hurrying around. Somehow it felt wrong, asking another slave to do this. He glanced at Jason. Do I just ask? Do I pay?

"We've been in Rome for... a while. We just can't always get to do things like this. What about you?"

"I have been here a small while also. We do not have baths like this, at home. I am from North, from Germania. You?" 

Germania. Another barbarian, in the heart of Rome. Azarion looked him over better this time, which was still a bit awkward, but whatever. He nodded to Jason, he could answer the question. What is he doing here?

@Sharpie @Atrice

• Like 1

Awkward! "We're from Sarmatia, originally, but we've been here for eight years or so," he told the other man, the one they didn't know. "Ah - that's north and east of here," he added, in case he didn't know of Sarmatia. He should, really, their people weren't so far apart as all that, but he might be from a different part of Germania. "He's Azarion, I'm Tiranes."

He only realised a second later he should probably have given his Roman name, but even after eight years he didn't think of himself as Jason given half a chance not to.

"And no - it's paid for by the entrance fee," he informed his cousin. "So it counts as free."

"So... what brings you to Rome?" he asked their new acquaintance.

@Atrice @Chevi

• Like 1