All's fair in love and war [M]

Sara

Ovinia seemed... embarrassed. Awkward. Lucius was not sure why; by now it had been well established that he wanted her, loved her, and was absolutely at her mercy.

"I know- And last time was....perfect. I just..."

He tilted his head, watching her. "Just what?"

"You know I'm not very experienced. It's a bit...humiliating, to not know what to say or do. I...I've been...thinking about you a lot. When you've been gone." 

He smiled softly, still holding her. The fire was catching now, and the warmth of the flames reflected on her cheeks.

"I have been thinking about you a lot too." he admitted "And you know it's... not a matter of experience. It's more about being together. You can just tell me what you want. Or... what you were thinking about."

@Sara

• Like 1

She rolled her eyes at the words and ducked her head to rest on her knees, which she drew up to her chest. "That's easy for you to say," She retorted to his comment about experience, "You've probably been with hundreds of women." She grumbled it but it was patent that she didn't really care, and wasn't actually annoyed by the notion. It was the way in Rome; far more experienced men with chaste young women. It didn't bother her; the rest of his comments did though.

She groaned and hid her face on her thighs for a moment before raising them to her knees again, wrapping her arms around her shins. "I don't know what I want," She murmured, embarrassed, "When I was dreaming it was...what we did last time." Venus guide me, "Kissing," Did he realise how painful and awkward and difficult this was for her?! "In bed. You..." She groaned again, "Your hand was  on my thigh and..." She winced and turned her face up to glare at him, "Do I honestly have to tell you?" 

TAG: @Chevi

"That's easy for you to say. You've probably been with hundreds of women." 

"Hundreds?" Lucius arched an eyebrow at her, amused. What did she think exactly Roman men did in their free time? For sure, the number was larger than zero, unlike in the case of women, but still... Ovinia seemed embarrassed about this conversation. Which was... baffling, to Lucius, after the last time they'd been together.

"I don't know what I want,"

"I think you do" he smiled, waiting for her to find the words.

"When I was dreaming it was...what we did last time."

"You dreamed about me?" he liked that thought. A lot.

"Kissing. In bed. You... Your hand was  on my thigh and... Do I honestly have to tell you?" 

She glared, and he smiled, leaning in to kiss her. No, she didn't have to tell him, but he wanted to hear if she would. He was not sure she would even want him in her bed again, now that she was a freedwoman, taking time to find her own life... he did not want to assume. But also, he could only hold back so far, hearing her talk about how she dreamed of last time.

The kiss was more passionate this time, and he turned his body to pull her closer. Her clothes were wet and cold, and he could feel her through them, her dripping hair ticking his face.

@Sara

• Like 1

"Of course I dreamed about you, of us." She mumbled against the skin of her knees, embarrassed. "There's very little else to think of when your days are as boring as mine are at the villa." She offered as an additional barb, trying to make herself feel on steadier ground. It didn't work though, judging by his smile. Which - dammit - melted her and her annoyance almost immediately. 

The kiss broke the tension though...or immediately increased it, in a much better, much more exhilarating way and she immediately wound herself around him, her legs and arms a tangle. She should be cold but she suddenly found herself on fire. When she pulled back breathless she was sort of sitting on his lap, facing him. Her cheeks were flushed and she noticed water dripping down his face from her hair. She grinned against his lips and then cast an almost comically exaggerated glance over her shoulder, back towards the path. "We're on a beach in the middle of the afternoon...." She looked back at him, biting her lip. Which was Ovinia's way of saying; we can't...can we?

TAG: @Chevi

• Haha 1

Ovinia responded to the kiss with equal passion. Lucius smiled against her lips as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled her closer, until she somehow settled on his lap. The closeness made his heart jump. He'd missed this. When they finally parted she looked around, worried, but Lucius was much too distracted by the way she was biting her lip.

"We're on a beach in the middle of the afternoon...."

"Sun's gonna set soon" he muttered, leaning in to trace kisses down her neck. He really didn't care. His hands moved along her body, trying to get the soaked tunica out of the way. "No one's gonna come looking for us. They now better." he added, smiling against her skin. She tasted like salt.

@Sara

• Like 1