Male Fantasy [M - S]

Atrice

Her smile while she slept had been so pretty, so peaceful... but he could not allow it to last, she'd stayed too long anyway. What about the guard who'd wait at the taverna? Was he still there? This was not good, honestly. He hoped she'd not get into trouble, it wasn't her fault, she was just tired and apparently, so was he. And they both slept so well next to another warm body, that they didn't realize until the morning that it wasn't right to do. But here they were. Ione looked at him with a sleepy smile, biding him a good morning and then she apologized for falling asleep.

"Thank you... I think?" He said with a grin, leaning into her soft touch, "And, is not your fault. But... I must apologize, Ione. We must go back. I..." He trailed off, feeling a little embarrassed, "I did not pay for whole night. And now it is." This was going to be expensive, he knew that. It wasn't entirely cheap in the first round, to ask for her alone in his home for more than just a quick fuck, as they'd called it. So an entire night? This was not good. 

@Sara

• Like 1

Ione felt her blood run cold and her demeanour changed almost instantly as she scrambled from th ebed and his touch to fetch her toga, hurriedly trying to dress herself. She still didn't know the parameters of the deal Wulfric had struck beyond that it had been for the 'night'. Which meant that she had been expected to return and likely continue to work once she was back at the brothel. She'd missed out on earnings her dominus was unlikely to offer to cover. Her fingers almost trembled as she fumbled with the clasp to hold the fabric all together. 

"I'm sorry," she breathed and glanced over her shoulder at the door, willing herself to dress faster. She finally secured the toga and leant down to strap up her sandals, "I'm sorry, I have to go. I...didn't realise, my dominus," She swallowed feeling sick, "He's strict, that is all." She prayed Darius was still outside and the idiot would just take a couple of coins and call it that. If he took too little though, she didn't doubt that Titus would send back lackey's to bleed poor Wulfric dry. Figuratively and literally. "Do...do you have money to pay?" She winced and glanced it. Please say yes. 

TAG: @Atrice

• Sad 1

When she suddenly hurriedly left the bed, Wulfric reached out for her, but she had already picked up her toga to get dressed. Well it was bad that they just slept, but really, what difference would a few more moments make? Yet Ione was soon dressed and Wulfric sat up too, reaching for his own tunica. Meanwhile she apologized for having to go. And said her dominus was very strict. Wulfric pulled the tunica over his head and stood, reached out for her to pull her closer to him, despite her urgent and worried gaze.

"I will go with you." He then promised, "It is my fault. You slept. Sweet. I will tell them what happen." He said with a little smile, "I have money." He lifted up her hand to kiss it, then let go to look for his stash of coin in the wooden chest he had. At home, the woman in the house would have had the key to unlock it, but there was none here, so it was all his. He opened it and found a smaller box inside, which he opened. Plenty of coin. He just picked a handful and stuffed into the purse he had. Then picked up his breeches to get properly dressed.

@Sara

• Like 1

She let him pull her closer, even as she was fighting to tie the straps of her cheap sandals and allowed herself to be still. His manner was so calming she felt herself exhale softly, nodding silently. Good. He'd come. They would rinse him for all he was worth, but his presence would - she was sure - stave off the worst of Darius' anger, and then her dominus' when the story was retold. She watched him as he kissed her hand and then let it drop, walking away to a little chest.

She averted her eyes to look elsewhere, trying to find her cloak. She couldn't help but see the coins though and her eyes widened in shock and awe. It was more than she'd seen in one place since she'd come to Rome. She had to silence a choke and instead focused on getting dressed. She wished she hadn't seen it; how could she deny it if her dominus asked if the man was rich? She swallowed the lump stuck fast in her throat.

When she was dressed and he had slipped on his breeches and his shoes, she gave him a fortifying smile before moving to the door and creeping along the passageways. People were already milling about, despite the early hour and she glanced nervously around. No Darius. She felt her anxiety expand in her chest; was that a good thing or a bad thing? She didn't know but she didn't want to wait and find out and set off at a pace towards the Elysium. She'd only got a few paces before a booming voice sounded from the corner of the tavern opposite the insula. 

"Slut!" She recognised it and stopped at once, falling to a stop and glancing up to Wulfric anxiously. Darius was on them in a moment with a shove in Wulfric's direction and a hand on the back of Ione's head. He was seething. And still drunk, if his breath was anything to go by. She winced but didn't fight the fingers in her hair or his grip as he gestured at Wulfric angrily with a pointed finger; "Where are you going, boy? Trying to take her out the city, eh?" 

• Sad 1

She was so sweet and beautiful. And he was glad she had a peaceful night in his arms, but now it was morning and the peacefulness had to end. She allowed him to embrace her briefly, before he went to find more coin to pay for the night with. Wulfric didn’t think twice about her seeing where he kept his coin and he made sure to lock the chest afterwards. Then he went about to finish getting dressed and soon enough they were leaving.

It didn’t take long until they reached the streets and then there was suddenly the voice of her guard. A moment later, the guard had his fingers entangled in Ione’s hair and he’d shoved Wulfric away and seemed mightily angry.

“No, I am taking her back. To Elysium.” Wulfric said, worried over Ione, but she didn’t fight the grasp in her hair. Gods it looked painful! Her pretty long hair, held by such a brute. Why did they always have to do that? Be so mean to their slaves? He wanted to hit the man, kick his crotch, but the street was already busy and they’d make a scene. They already were and he didn’t need to make it worse… “I know I owe coin. I have coin. I will pay her dominus.” He continued, “Please… let her go. She did no wrong.”

@Sara

• Like 1

"You're not going anywhere with her." Darius sneered, slurring his words a little. He'd evidently waited for them...long enough to see into the bottom of a jug of wine. Or three. Ione smothered a wince of pain as his fingers twisted around the hair at her scalp. She didn't say anything though; almost an impartial observer in-between the two men. 

"You'll pay me." Darius stuck out his spare hand, glowering at Wulfric. He did snort at his request though, complying but not without shoving Ione in the process as he let her go. She instinctively moved her hand to smooth the burn of her scalp, wincing. "The dominus doesn't want to deal with trash like you. It's triple what you paid yesterday." That was utterly extortionate and she cast Wulfric a worried glance. Undoubtedly Darius would pocket a portion of that himself, but either way Wulfric was in trouble; if he couldn't pay they would make him, and if he could, they would know to bleed him dry. She couldn't intervene though and instead just stood there silently, watching Wulfric with wide, apologetic eyes. 

• Like 1

Why couldn't he just take her back to the Elysium? That was his plan. Just because he kept her for longer than intended, it didn't mean he was going to steal her. You didn't do that, as far as he knew. So of course he'd take her back! But Darius was of another opinion and twisted Ione's hair, as if her pain would make Wulfric feel worse. Well it worked. He almost felt sick, watching that up close. And she'd been so kind to him, so sweet. And she slept so peacefully. And now look what happened. It was his fault. He'd have to make it up to her somehow.

Darius said he would be paid and stuck out his spare hand... and let go of Ione when Wulfric bid him to do so. At least he did that. But he called Wulfric trash and said he'd have to pay triple. Triple? That he could do though. But the other thing...

"Alright, I will pay. I have coin." As he had already said once. He fished after the coins in his purse and then he looked up at Darius, proud and unafraid, still holding the money in his hand, "Also, if I am trash, you are also. Where I am from, I am high rank." Honestly that bit was worse than being told to pay a huge amount of coin. They didn't matter that much to him, the coins. But his name and that of his family and his people should not be sullied by a Roman. They beat the Romans back once. If he had to, he'd do it again.

@Sara

• Like 1

Ione looked gratefully at Wulfric, swallowing her disbelief that he had enough coin to pay for her three times over. Her heart dropped though, a lurch of nerves rising in her stomach as he squared up to Darius. The guard was a good head taller than him, but no broader. The way his hand instinctively curled in a fist though and Wulfric uttered his insult was enough that she didn't need to see any more. 

Darius moved to last out, trying to shove Wulfric. "Call me trash again!" He bellowed and moved to hit Wulfric, but Ione interceded, putting herself between the two men with a hand on Darius' chest. "S-stop! Stop! He can pay," She swallowed but Darius looked ready for blood. He easily swiped Ione out of the way, hissing in Wulfric's face. "Big fucking mistake, I know where you live, boy." He sneered and Ione gave Wulfric a pleading look. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," She offered Wulfric, panicked and desperately wanting the two of them to just stop"Just pay him, please." 

• Like 1

Wulfric really preferred settling matters with words rather than with weapons and fists. He could fight, he wasn't bad at it in fact, they said so at home. There was a reason he was a guard to his grandfather at home. But he was more the diplomatic type, he preferred talking. It was soon obvious though, that Darius here, he was not one he could talk to. In fact he curled his hand into a fist when Wulfric turned the insult back to the man who gave it to him. He was proud of his origin and not afraid of a Roman, even if he was drunk and clearly stupid. 

He readied himself for the punch, to duck away, but it never came, because Ione threw herself between them! What if she'd been punched instead! She didn't deserve that! Darius then proceeded to threaten him and Ione wanted him to pay. A part of him knew he ought to stop, but he was getting agitated too and it really wasn't right that this beast of a man should offend him and threaten him! 

Wulfric looked at Ione first, "It is not your fault." Then he lifted his chin, looking at Darius again, "You offend first. Why are you angry? I say, I will pay! Give me your hand, I give money to you." Some people were stopping to look at the strange little scene outside of the simple insula where he lived. But he didn't notice. Wulfric was already busy, standing up for himself and trying not to get into a fight.

@Sara

• Sad 1

She felt like it was her fault. She shouldn't have fallen asleep; she shouldn't have got so comfortable that she had forgotten what she was there to do. Her face crumpled, upset as the situation devolved. Even if Wulfric was offering to pay, she could feel the annoyance and the pride ripple off of him. She felt herself panic, standing awkwardly besides the two men. 

Darius sneered and got close again to Wulfric's face. She could see his hands balling up at his side, ready for a fight. "I'm angry because pricks like you think you can do what you like." He was seething and she let out an anxious breath, wishing she was brave enough to intercede again. She wasn't. "She's a whore," He jabbed his finger in Ione's direction, "You pay for her, you fuck her, you let her go. You don't get to do what you fucking like." The scent of wine was lingering around Darius and increased as he reached to try and grab Wulfric's purse, ignoring the coins already in his hand. 

"Stop!" she called to Darius, but he shoved her away, using the back of his hand to slap across her face. She felt the sting of the ring against her cheekbone almost immediately and she stumbled. She didn't react beyond that though; she was used to it. "We should go," She moved her hand to tug on Darius' cloak, "Please. People are looking." 

• Like 1

Wulfric was attempting to be the better man here. He knew this was not the most prized and valued neighborhood in Rome, and that scenes like this right here probably weren’t exactly uncommon. But he was no Roman. And he was definitely a better man than this bastard of a guard from the Elysium. So he tried to steer clear of violence, he’d much rather solve this properly, but Darius was not having it. Why wouldn’t he just take the money? Darius continued to offend him. As if he was better than Wulfric. He didn’t know a thing.

And Wulfric too noticed how Darius’ hands had curled into fists and he treated Ione more or less like a thing, not a person. Wulfric tried to jump away, when Darius reached for his purse and then Ione tried to get between them, but the guard slapped her hard and she stumbled. She barely reacted, instead tried telling Darius to go.

“You should go, yes. As she says.” Wulfric said. He still had the money in his hand. Darius was not taking them, as he should. Wulfric wanted to just toss them on the ground and watch the guard crawl around in the dirt to pick them up. That would be kind of satisfactory. But he’d just make Ione do it instead, wouldn’t he? Roman bastard… Wulfric looked at Ione, reached for her hand, thinking he’d give the money to her instead, and she could give them to her Dominus, “Please, take money, go! Before he hurt again.”

@Sara

• Like 1

Darius wasn't giving any indication that he wanted to go, but she knew that the longer they were out here and in the eye of passers-by, the worse both his and her dominus' mood would be. She gave a pleading, helpless look to Wulfric. It seemed to spur him as he reached to clasp her hand and she felt the coins slide into her palm. Darius saw it too and finally took a step back from Wulfric to reach to Ione's hand. She opened it immediately - he didn't have to ask her to - and he pawed over the coins, sniffing. She saw his eyes light up though and he smirked. 

"Rich boy, huh?" He called over his shoulder and shook Ione's palm until the coins fell into his own. "I'll remember that. She's cheaper than this," He pocketed the coins in his own purse, "But I'll take the extra for my trouble." Ione let out a breath, exhaling deeply, almost trying to relax. It's almost over. Just walk away. But Darius couldn't help himself. She knew he had a short fuse. He stepped back from Ione and rounded on Wulfric, aiming a punch at his face, spitting venom as he did it; "She's cheap but you're no better than her. Don't forget that boy." 

• Like 1

He thought it would help, giving the money to Ione instead and she took them. A moment later, the guard Darius chose to take them from her. Why would he rather take them from her than from Wulfric? He heard how the guard commented on him and then he said Ione was cheaper and he’d overcharged. He didn’t care what Darius said anymore. Wulfric just wanted him gone, no matter how bad he felt for Ione. It was true, she was not his to keep. He paid for her. He had to let her go, no matter how nice it had been with her last night and the whole night.

So he assumed it was over and they would walk away, but suddenly Darius swirled around and aimed a punch to Wulfric’s face. It collided with his left cheek and sent him stumbling and he could taste blood in his mouth. He glared up at Darius. He barely heard what the man said, but the punch was more than enough. It spoke on its own. Wulfric hated having lowering himself to that level, but now he couldn't help himself. He lunged at Darius, reaching for his shoulders to slam him up into the nearest wall. It wasn’t for nothing that he still worked at the warehouse; he wasn’t weak, You are no better!” He yelled into Darius’ face and now it was his turn to punch the guard, aiming at his jaw.

@Sara

Edited by Atrice
  • Like 1

Ione doubled over in shock, a choked gasp leaving her lips as Darius landed a punch squarely onto Wulfric's jaw. She instinctively reached out her hands to try and help him but the guard raised his arms, blocking her and pushing her back to the wall. He had seen red and the combination of - she presumed - a lack of sleep and a tremendous amount of wine meant he was not seeing sense. Ione saw it clearly though; he was pushing away a rich customer. Idiot! 

"Stop!" She choked as Wulfric slammed him up against the wall next to her and her hands hovered out in front of her. She was trying to find the courage to intervene directly but couldn't. She'd seen too many girls get caught in the crossfire of male ego. She saw Darius wince, groaning in pain as Wulfric's blow landed on his jaw. Blood sprayed out of his mouth and she choked again, panic on her face. "Please-please stop! Stop this!" Darius wasn't listening though and moved to slam his own head into Wulfric's, trying to drag him down to the ground. 

"Darius! Darius he's a customer! He's r-rich! Stop!" But there was no talking sense to him. She tried Wulfric; "Please Wulfric, please just leave him," People were now stopping to watch - transfixed by the scrap as she stood helplessly next to the men. Darius took a moment before aiming another blow to Wulfric's chest.

Be brave Ione! Do something! but she didn't.

• Like 1

He should not fight in the street, but he didn’t start it and now he needed to see it finished. Else he’d lose face and he would not. Wulfric was quite convinced that he was a better man than Darius, who just worked at the Elysium and was probably either a Plebian or a Freedman or something. Wulfric might rule his people someday. Darius had no right to consider him to be less than what he was!

The guard groaned in pain when Wulfric hit his jaw and Ione said something, asking them to stop, but now the guard headbutted Wulfric. He stood his ground though, tried to move them about so he could tackle Darius and get him to the ground. Ione kept talking and it was his mistake, glancing at her when she said his name. He lost his breath when Darius punched his chest and he stumbled again. He lunged at the other guy again, lowering his head to run that into Darius’ chest and wrapped his arms around the guard, attempting to get him down to the ground again. There was no time to consider pain or injuries now. He had to prove he was worth more than what this animal thought of him!

It all went on for a while until some of the spectators decided to intervene… “Enough!” Someone yelled somewhere near him. Wulfric was on the ground and just before another punch met his face, someone dragged Darius off of him. Wulfric scrambled away towards the wall of the insula, his face was hurting everywhere and his chest too. He blinked a few times, it seemed to be over, but he could barely see. Where was Ione? His head felt heavy and he felt tired, on the verge of passing out.

@Sara

• Sad 1

Ione watched with horror as the fight descended. She was only deeply, deeply grateful that Darius had either forgotten his knife back at the Elysium, or forgot that he was carrying one. She was breathless with panic as she watched them. Wulfric was quick and trying his best, but Darius was a ball of red-hot anger and fury and was utterly relentless. When Wulfric tackled him to the ground, he ended up on top, battering him. Ione was screaming at them to stop but possessed none of the strength or the courage to pry them apart. 

Somebody did though - a big burly man she recognised from one of the popina's nearby waded in and dragged Darius away - he cursed and screamed insults at Wulfric as he did. She watched as he pulled himself up, breathless and covered in blood, swollen already. Ione started towards him, hands outstretched, eyes wide; "Wulfric, Wulfric I'm so sorry I-" but she was yanked back by a firm tug on her wrist from a bloodied Darius. She squealed in protest; "No! No get off, you could have killed him!" But her protests were met with an arm around her waist, dragging her screaming and kicking away from Wulfric and back to the Elysium. What had she done?

• Sad 1