Amends

Sara

"Which Goddess?" She grinned, playing along. "None of the Roman Goddesses, and none of mine I don't think. Which of your Goddesses am I?" she asked, amused. He'd told her a little but she tried to imagine herself in some frozen landscape, wrapped in furs surrounded by warriors, commanding them like she imagined his Goddesses did...she could glimpse it for a moment before the image vanished. She was a girl from an island that burned hotter than the sun in summer, she couldn't imagine a life anywhere else. 

"I didn't mean to make you sad, and you don't need to apologise." She said, reaching for his hand and trying to pull it to her lips to leave a kiss on his knuckles. "Besides, tonight I'm free!" She giggled with a grin...well...for the next few hours she was. She had to go back to work eventually, when the Saturnalia crowds came pouring in. "I can eat what I like and drink what I like, and be with who I like! And I wanted to spend it with you. I needed to make it up to you, and I still don't feel I've done enough." 

TAG: @Atrice

• Like 1

She was very sweet, when she wasn't a prostitute at the Elysium. Relaxed in his embrace on a rooftop in Rome instead, she was a quite different woman. Wulfric liked her. She grinned, wondering what goddess she was and if she was one of his. Wulfric thought it over, "I think, you are goddess Ione. Ruler of man and heart." Wulfric said with a smile, she'd certainly ruled his body the night they were together, and maybe she was weaving her way into his heart too. Which was bad. She wasn't his to have like that and especially not considering he'd leave Rome soon. But right now, in this moment, it was nice with her. 

Ione then sweetly kissed his knuckles and said she had not wished to make him sad. Because tonight she was free. Was she drunk? Or maybe just drunk on the freedom of tonight. It seemed so, with how she continued. And she mentioned again that she wanted to spend this night with him, to make it up to him.

"You do not need to anything. I already tell you." Wulfric said, "But, you are sweet to me. I enjoy this, with you." He said and hugged her closer against his body. They just shouldn't fall asleep together. Then they would surely both be in trouble. If only he could take her with him. That's when he got the thought that maybe he would be able to purchase her and then free her. If her master would let him. 

@Sara

• Like 1

"Not all men are good like you, Wulfric." She said by way of an explanation. "Most men aren't." At least in her experience. The men in her family had bankrupted them and sold her, the slave traders she'd been sold to hadn't cared an iota for her wellbeing or her health and her dominus at the Elysium...well...all they cared about was profit. The clients were even worse. Besides Wulfric, and a handful of others who let her talk, let her be herself. She'd miss him when he went.

"What will you do when you return home?" She asked, by way of trying to make this conversation a little lighter, and cheer him up. Speaking of his homeland last time they met had done so, so she assumed it would be similar now. "Do you work? I can't imagine a Prince working." She grinned.

• Like 1

Ione called him a good man and said most men weren't like that. Wulfric knew, but he wasn't most men and he wasn't even from Rome. He'd been raised differently and somehow he wasn't quite as fierce as some of his other countrymen. His step-father, the man he grew up thinking was his father, was much more of a warrior than Wulfric. Not that he'd be unable to fight in a battle if he should, but he would much rather seek diplomacy and solve troubles through words and kindness, rather than hurting people. It just wasn't him. He didn't like it. He thought that if he did end up becoming king of his people, he'd be a good king. Valued, respected... but not feared. Wulfric the Merciful perhaps. 

He hugged her when she called him good and then she wondered when he'd go home and if he was working in Rome.

"I'll travel when weather is warmer, in spring." He explained, "And yes, I work. I need coin in Rome. I did not come with much and it is spent, gone." Wulfric said, "And I do not need much. I am not in Rome for stay." Which was kind of sad, mostly for Ione, who seemed to genuinely not want him to go. And although he liked her, she was a slave and nothing would change for her, if he stayed in Rome. He couldn't rescue her from her fate or anything. But he could be nice to her, while they were together.

"Is there thing you wish doing, tonight?" Wulfric then wondered, she'd been good to him and told him why, but he also wanted to do something for her. If she'd let him. No matter what it was she might ask for.

@Sara

• Like 1

"Still," Ione offered with a small little smile, "You'e a Prince. You mightn't need much, but don't you want much?" She still remembered the fresh disappointment she felt when she had been expecting to attend on of the large fancy Domi in the city and instead Wulfric had taken her to a single room in an insulae. She gave him an encouraging smile; "You should treat yourself, food, clothes," women she added in her head - knowing he should be at the Venus, not with women as cheap as her and her colleagues, "You should enjoy your life a little Wulfric, before you go home." 

But the question toward her made her stop and she blinked. What did she want to do with her freedom? She bit down on her lip. Her dominus would likely query why she didn't say him and try and get a regular client before Wulfric left Rome for good but she was so bone-tired of working that she couldn't summon the energy for it. She liked Wulfric, but she wanted one evening without opening her thighs. Just one. "I..." She bit her lip. What did she want to do? All of her ideas cost money which neither she or Wulfric had. "I'd just like to sit here." She said after a breathy pause and glanced sideways at him, a little embarrassed. "And not worry about work or my friends or my dominus. Just...enjoy the freedom. Does that sound silly?" 

• Like 1

Ione kept saying that he should want much, just because he was a prince. She thought he should treat himself well and enjoy his life here, before he went home. Wulfric just gave her a smile, "I am enjoying life now." He said, but felt that after her words, he should elaborate a little, "I do not understand this... maybe it is Roman way? Wanting more, all time. I see no need wanting things, when I have needed things. And I have needed thing, now. Good company." He explained with a smile to her. He really saw no need to just take things, demand things, when he didn't need them. The Romans seemed to think that coin was important, and showing off wealth was important, with the huge homes they had, when they were important and high on the social ladder. Sure Wulfric also had a nicer home than most in Germania, but it wasn't like this. Not at all.

Wulfric had then wanted to do something for her and wondered what she wanted to do. She blinked and went quiet and thoughtful, as if the question had surprised her and she had not even considered it. Then finally she said she just wanted to sit here and not worry about things. She would just enjoy the freedom.

"It is not silly. It is your wish. This is what we will do." He said and held her closer, they would stay here for just a while longer. And she could relax, breathe, enjoy her freedom and he would be here with her. Right now, he was not a prince and she was not a whore. They were just two people, who enjoyed being here together. And that should be enough for anyone, right?

@Sara

• Thanks 1