Insignia's Plotter

Insignia

This is my plot page. Feel free to contact me about plots via PM (I can give you my Discord in PM if you'd like). 

AHRKFd.png

Amatia Attelia

Amatia Attelia thinks her name is too long. Her friends call her Lia, by the way. Anyway, she works at her family's bakery, but she's been manning the counter more and more as of late. If you point out the scorework on the pane, she'll smile and give you an extra piece on the house. Most people describe her as sweet and charming. Her family, however, is not included. But why would they be scared of her? She's nothing more than a young woman, and wasn't it sad how her brother was taken away like that. She doesn't even leave the house at night, honest, and she'll do a lot for her friends. Gods help the friends she gets more attached to.

She's up for interacting with a wide variety of people, usually people buying from the family bakery. She gets along well with people of varying ages and statuses (during the day, that is). Some ideas: a friend who's blissfully unaware of Amatia's true crimes, a frequent customer who uses the bakery to meet up with people, one of her brothers, or somebody who comes across a mysterious figure at night time who's bent on drawing blood...

A6ptHx.jpg

Bretta

Bretta is best known for her work at Caius Lupus's food stand, serving hot meals and cold words. Indeed, she's a bit of a tough nut to crack. Usually her words are harsh and blunt, which probably hasn't been helped by the fact that she's stuck in food service being periodically accosted by intrusive customers for the rest of her foreseeable life. However, if there is one thing known for certain about her, it's that she's practically unbreakable in mind and body, and can easily be a best friend or worst enemy. Find a gap in her mental armor, and she just might open up. 

She is open for interaction with anyone. However, it may make the most sense for her to talk with other slaves, or anyone who's in dire need of street food. Some ideas: someone who's worked his way up the ranks of the military and wants a taste of food from his own humble background, a person she saves from being pickpocketed, the pickpocketer in question, a rival cook, or a friend from her past. 

AaQIkj.png

Jannus

Jannus is the runner and body slave of Teutus Quinctilius Varus. If there is one word to describe him, it is turbulent. Hailing from Roman Britannia, his life has been one of servitude and being exchanged between people. As a result, he struggles to both uphold the ideals of Rome he holds so dearly and accept his position as someone who cannot truly be Roman. Typically, his manner is one of detached professionalism, and he has grown used to speaking with a variety of individuals throughout Rome (as expected from his job). However, he can be a bit prickly at times, as well as quite the snarker. That is, once someone gets past his emotional barriers that could rival a fort wall in their rigidity.

Any and all acquaintances are welcome. I'm still ironing out his personality, so I believe having him interact with a wide variety of people would be beneficial.

AXzIsn.png

Paullus

Paullus is...where do you even start with him? He's loud, brash, arrogant, and extremely difficult to keep up with. The man's always on the move, whether it be chariot racing as an auriga, doting on his favorite horses, seducing some of his female fans, or making crass jokes about his rivals. Often nicknamed "Effrenus" due to his wild yet planned style of racing, Paullus's manager and others have been keeping an eye on him as one of the rising greats in the chariot scene. Still, the burdens of fame and high expectations have already begun to take their toll on him, and it's only a matter of time before something needs to change.

Being an auriga, he has plenty of reason to be active, whether that be attending a social function to garner sponsors or staying back in the stables. Some ideas: a friend who's loyal yet argues back, a fan who isn't so easily swayed by his charms, one of his many siblings, a rival charioteer, or the gladiator friend who sells him his tinctures. 

Edited by Insignia

Well, quite apart from Teutus himself, I think a thread between Jannus and my Jason )body-slave to Imperial prince Tiberius Claudius Sabucius) would be fun! Jason is Sarmatian, an ex-hostage sold into slavery for a perceived infringement on Roman territory by Jason's people. (Fun fact: I had originally included Jason's PB as one of the suggested faces for Jannus until I decided I wanted to use him myself... I like your choice of Hans Matheson!)

Hi @Insignia!

Would you be interested in a thread between Jannus and Teutus's mother, Varinia? Varinia was a slave, and Teutus purchased her at the same time as Jannus, and then freed her. She's the type of woman who will mother anyone, but she's now free and he's still a slave, so a couple of possible angles there.

Edited by Sarah

Hello, @Sarah! The two are in the same household, so it would definitely make sense for the two to interact (heavens knows Jannus needs some sort of person to look up to in these trying times). Would she need him to deliver any items or messages? That would be one route.